• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Action Figure GAF |OT| Articulated figures murdered my wallet

I just received my SHF Ryu, I love it, so fun to pose around, great articulation, I thought no upper arm rotation gonna be problem like SHF Avengers Hulk, but it actually work pretty good. I love that the cloth are flexible/rubbery, so it didn't hinder articulation.

the face sculpt also looks great, sure there are some angles where it look a bit off, but there are also angles where it look really spot on with what I imagine of Ryu.

really make me want to get other figure especially Chun Li and Cammy, but dammit, why does the female character had to have very bishojo anime faces while Ryu, Rashid, and Akuma looks more normal.

I'm probably skipping Chun Li, and just get Cammy, the upcoming R Mika also look really good because the mask kinda hide the anime face more.

Ya, it's a great Ryu figure overall. Were you optional hands kinda lose (they come off easily)? I didn't like his open mouth face, but most of the time they aren't good anyway.

Chun-Li is good, and her face is better in person. Not a fan of the bishoujou look but it was okay for her. Cammy and Mika I guess we'll have to wait and see.. wish Mika's breasts weren't so huge on the fig but, eh "accuracy". Can only imagine what Laura will be like. Might have to NSFW the video of it when it comes to it.

Enthus

This SDCC has convinced me that I need to step up my Imperial Hot Toys collection. If anyone is looking for a Hot Toys TDKR Catwoman Exclusive or maybe a DX12, and wants to trade some Hot Toys troopers, let me know.

Drayco21

SDCC Marvel Legends Breakfast Reveals:

Deadpool Wave (Deadpool (Joe Kelly era), Domino, Cable)
New $40 Deluxe price point for vehicles and larger vehicles (Black Widow w/ Motorcycle)
Classic style packaging gimmick repacks like the Black Series 40th anniversary (Spider-Man and Captain America)

These are all things I am very excited about and will buy immediately, so I'm hyped.

SDCC-2017-Hasbro-Marvel-Thurs-010.jpg
SDCC-2017-Hasbro-Marvel-Thurs-003.jpg

Drayco21

Robot Spirits Gipsy Avenger pre-order is up on Amazon, for only $25.

Not sure if the Pacific Rim line is going to be cheaper than normal, or if it's just a really good price, but pre-ordered regardless.

bengraven

I'll be getting two of that Spidey. One because I don't want to pay scalper prices for Pizza Spidey and the second so I can have something to scalp later. Yes I know.

Also I just paid 40 bucks for that old Black Widow grey suit two fucking weeks ago.

bengraven

Interesting because Fwoosh was just talking about a Walgreens exclusive Super Skrull. I want to if it's going to be coming out with these or if one of the lists were wrong.

I need that Domino though.

Sawneeks

Banned
Gonna break up the Marvel/DC party for a second but PCS Toys has announced new Power Ranger statues they are making ( in addition to the Life Size bust of the Red Ranger ).

Never really bought anything from PCSToys so can't really say much there but the Green Ranger looks fantastic. Something about Drakkon looks off so I hope they fix it before release but I'd pick one up. No other details are given other than 'watch our Facebook page'.

Photo Source: Here

Apharmd

Robot Spirits Gipsy Avenger pre-order is up on Amazon, for only $25.

Not sure if the Pacific Rim line is going to be cheaper than normal, or if it's just a really good price, but pre-ordered regardless.

I think it's gonna be cheaper than usual because these will be mass produced in much higher numbers than the typical Robot Spirits figure. Also, keep in mind the other big market for this will be China. AFAIK they generally enjoy a lower price on their goods (but they also get paid less?)

For real though I AM SUPER MEGA TURBO SUPER DUPER EXCITED

PACRIM2 LOOKS SO GOOD

AND TAMASHII NATIONS IS BANKROLLING IT GLAKJFASOGHASD:ASKLD

MG310

SDCC Marvel Legends Breakfast Reveals:

Deadpool Wave (Deadpool (Joe Kelly era), Domino, Cable)
New $40 Deluxe price point for vehicles and larger vehicles (Black Widow w/ Motorcycle)
Classic style packaging gimmick repacks like the Black Series 40th anniversary (Spider-Man and Captain America)

These are all things I am very excited about and will buy immediately, so I'm hyped.

I really don't look forward to the pile of Black Widow boxes that have had the figure replaced with Wasp/Mockingbird/Sharon Carter and leaving the motorcycle.

Oof. Power Rangers are gonna make the biggest dent next year for me. >.>

Psycho Rangers, Space Silver, and White Dino Thunder are all coming home with me.
Also the Zeo Morpher.

Just saw the Marvel Legends news. Needed a Silver Surfer and a Ghost Rider so I'm set.

NEO0MJ

^ Something looks seriously off about her calves, though.
Maybe it's the angle?

It'll look really out-of-place if you want to display them with others from the line, though. There needs to be consistency.

Then the line should have started at 1/8!
My wallet can't handle those prices ;-;

Then the line should have started at 1/8!
My wallet can't handle those prices ;-;

I don't know what happened with Gecco. When they were doing the line of Silent Hill 1/6 figures, the prices were generally in the 13k-15k range. Then after that when they started doing Metal Gear, From Software and Berserk statues, their prices suddenly got batshit crazy.

I am dangerously close to ordering Gecco's Siegmeyer of Catarina so I have something to display Oscar with. I hate that all these releases are crammed into a couple-month span, though. I am pulling a LiK and ordering from BBTS, though.

LiK

I am dangerously close to ordering Gecco's Siegmeyer of Catarina so I have something to display Oscar with. I hate that all these releases are crammed into a couple-month span, though. I am pulling a LiK and ordering from BBTS, though.

Jolly cooperation!

Top Bottom