• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Any love or hype for "Tintin Reporter - Cigars of the Pharaoh"?

Don't get me wrong, it's giving me some PS3/PS4-ish graphical vibes but I initially thought that this game was going to be some sort of 2.5D side scroller.

So seeing that it's gong to in fact be a third person action-adventure platformer has gotten me very excited especially because the character design is nearly identical to the Spielberg animated movie.

Heimdall_Xtreme

Jim Ryan Fanclub's #1 Member
Don't get me wrong, it's giving me some PS3/PS4-ish graphical vibes but I initially thought that this game was going to be some sort of 2.5D side scroller.

So seeing that it's gong to in fact be a third person action-adventure platformer has gotten me very excited especially because the character design is nearly identical to the Spielberg animated movie.

I like the Spielberg animated movie

MrA

When do they let me punch communist guerrillas and shoot all of the antelope, anyway in.

Last edited:
  • LOL
Reactions: Isa

RavageX

This looks pretty good to me, I'm really only familiar with the cartoon growing up. I did watch the movie and liked it. I personally feel the graphics fit just right.

Virex

Abrasive, but well-meaning
I'm surprised that people outside Europe(exception being Japan) even know who or what Tintin is. Looking forward to to this. I like and collect anything Tintin that I can

Ar¢tos

Tintin in English is horrible.
He looks younger, but the rest of the characters look the right age, weird.

Tams

Hey man I'm puzzled. I don't know if there's a joke I'm missing, or if you inferred that the graphics are what I care most about

Wait... you're serious?!

I'll spell it out plain and simple for you then:

They said you are really fucking boring and closed-minded for caring so much about graphics and not whether the game will be fun.

Skifi28

Tintin looks almost unrecognizable, but other than that it looks quite interesting. Definitely didn't expect a modern Tintin game at any point.

Tams

Tintin looks almost unrecognizable, but other than that it looks quite interesting. Definitely didn't expect a modern Tintin game at any point.

Looks fine to me. In this silly modern world we live in, we should be grateful all they seem to have done is make him a bit more ginge and given him a British accent. Neither I'd consider issues at all; the former doesn't matter at all and the latter certainly broadens the appeal.

Scotty W

Wait... you're serious?!

They said you are really fucking boring and closed-minded for caring so much about graphics and not whether the game will be fun.
Thanks Tams Tams , that is close. Fun is the most important, but I was referring more to this philistinism of only being able to see tech specs and blind to everything else.

Tams

Thanks Tams Tams , that is close. Fun is the most important, but I was referring more to this philistinism of only being able to see tech specs and blind to everything else.

I think we agree, lol.

Especially since the PS3/360/WiiU era, graphics have become less important. Sure, they can still have a big impact, but they are for the most part good enough at that level. Aesthetic choice, gameplay, script, and world-building all become more important - which all adds up to fun, imho.

Scotty W

I think we agree, lol.

Especially since the PS3/360/WiiU era, graphics have become less important. Sure, they can still have a big impact, but they are for the most part good enough at that level. Aesthetic choice, gameplay, script, and world-building all become more important - which all adds up to fun, imho.

Someone fill me in on what they've made in the past? Never heard of this dev.
Pendulo Studios primarily make point and click adventures, their most famous being the Runaway trilogy. They followed the trilogy up with two other games, The Next Big Thing and Yesterday.

You can check out their games pretty cheap on both Steam and GOG .

Husky

THE Prey 2 fanatic
Wait... you're serious?!

The text of my comment makes it very obvious that I don't. You don't have to go out of your way to invent reasons to get pissy.

Top Bottom