• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Aonuma to IGN: New Zelda will be “a little bit darker” than Majora’s Mask, and is not connected to it.

CyberPanda

Banned

CyberPanda

Banned
Another bonus, I didn't want to make a new thread:

Breath of the Wild Sequel Team Drew Inspiration From Red Dead Redemption 2 - E3 2019 - IGN

Zelda producer Eiji Aonuma revealed this information in an interview with IGN. When asked what games the younger staff on the Zelda team were playing, specifically what inspired them, Aonuma replied “[Something] I did hear that a lot of people were playing was Red Dead Redemption 2."

When asked what open worlds inspired the Zelda team as a whole, he said "When I was working on Breath of the Wild, the director [Hidemaro Fujibayashi] was playing Skyrim."

Thurible

I did get some creepy vibes from the teaser, but creepy doesn't always equate to dark. MM was dark largely due to the fact everyone is going to die in the game and you can see how it affects almost all of the characters. You couldn't save everyone and needed to reverse time to move forward. While you still got the rewards from quests, they were effectively undone everytime you had to travel back in time.

If they are going for a dark theme I hope they get it to MM levels and don't try to force it. Either way, this game is going to be lit.

nkarafo

I thought it looks more like Twilight Princess with that "rock patterns" art style. Not a huge fan tbh, i much prefer the "dark carnival" style in MM.

V

Vader1

Unconfirmed Member
Interesting. I hope the story is more involved this time

Meesh

Definitely got some dark overtones from the trailer, everything about it was foreboding.
Can't wait to see more 😊
Looks like a direct sequel none the less and playable Zelda?

Top Bottom