• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Apex Legends |OT| Have you seen Titanfall 3?

Octane players are just the absolute worst. Launching by themselves, soloing by themselves, disconnecting as soon as they get turned into a box. Not a single ounce of teamplay in them.

Shmunter

Octane players are just the absolute worst. Launching by themselves, soloing by themselves, disconnecting as soon as they get turned into a box. Not a single ounce of teamplay in them.

images

Mista

Banned
Yeah I noticed that too. When I use Octane I’m still a team player

Alx

Playing Octane is a good way to bring quick support to a teammate that went a bit too far from the group. It means leaving the third one behind, though.
I'm still having a hard time finding good use for his jump pad in heated situations. I once faced an Octane who was sitting on a roof, I had tried to climb the building and get in his back, but got propelled in the air because I hadn't seen his jump pad sitting next to him. Quite clever trap (if it was planned).

Mista

Banned
If any of you lot are on Xbox feel free to add me. If you do please message me “GAF”

GT: I Sir Guts I <<< that’s an i

Alx

I finally got the "take down an opponent at more than 300m" badge. I didn't think it was possible, but the longbow and a kindly non moving opponent helped me. ^_^
349m !

Mista

Banned
I finally got the "take down an opponent at more than 300m" badge. I didn't think it was possible, but the longbow and a kindly non moving opponent helped me. ^_^
349m !
Cheers! Got it with the Longbow too

Buying the battle pass makes this literally the first time I've paid for content in a game squarely because I felt that the developer deserved the extra appreciation.

Mista

Banned
Nothing about the trash voip quality? It’s like playing a 1st gen PS3 game.

I also dislike motion of your character seemingly effected by server latency.
Nah. The server latency is not from their side as they said before and they’re working on finding better solution

Man, the hit issues are really killing this game for me, and fast. Shooting someone center mass from zero distance and not a single shot registering damage is just bullshit. Seems to happen more frequently now, too.

Also, fuck Octane. I don't mind fighting against him (sans hit registration issues) but fuck having an Octane in my team. And yes, I realize not everyone who plays him lone wolf it, but he sure seems to bring out the worst in people.

S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member
I saw some kids playing this today. It looks like TF without Mechs but Battleroyal with BL like loot system and eh art.

Mista

Banned
I saw some kids playing this today. It looks like TF without Mechs but Battleroyal with BL like loot system and eh art.
This what makes it fun for me. Its in Titanfall universe, same guns, same shooting feelings and amazing characters (apart from the thicc bois although Gibraltar got the best Ult in the game)

Last edited:
S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member
This what makes it fun for me. Its in Titanfall universe, same guns, same shooting feelings and amazing characters (apart from the thicc bois although Gibraltar got the best Ult in the game)
Why does it have a girl that looks manlier than Sonic though?
Its+like+shes+female+version+of+sonic+opm+15+_08a19da135632013cc6b15f02bd2d278.jpg

S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member
No clue who the second character is. I was just trying to wrap my head around the notion that any of the female characters in Apex could be considered "manly" in appearance.
Right. Second character as I said before is Sonic. From OPM.
AAAAF18565BCDB6EAC044E4B17F5B12E20952E5F

wraith_1.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member
This is the most feminine looking male character I've ever seen.

That's probably why.
But he isn't even close to actual traps. You know you might have a point.

Mista

Banned
Randoms disconnected right from the beginning. Wiped 3 teams, 2 full squads and 1 alone. Chocked at the end :(

43-B17911-709-D-46-AF-BD42-9182-F932-B211.jpg

Alx

Epic metal is the best you can expect from a loot crate, since it gets you halfway to buying the item you want. That's ow I got the prowler "Anubis"skin. About that, I wish there were more opportunities to earn crafting materials, even if it's through grinding daily tasks.
Other than that, I was only lucky once and got a legendary outfit for Mirage (not the one I hoped, but still ok), and a bunch of background images... I wish I got weapon skins, at least you can see them ingame.

Tesseract

Banned
cross platform seems smart, game already has controller support and auto assist, don't see any mouse users bitching about it

i should try out controller this weekend, see how i do against the TTV overnight freaks

Top Bottom