• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Apex Legends |OT| Have you seen Titanfall 3?

manfestival

My 2 favorite guns in the game right now are the RE-45 and the Spitfire. The reload speed and burst of the RE-45 really are my jam

Mista

Banned
My 2 favorite guns in the game right now are the RE-45 and the Spitfire. The reload speed and burst of the RE-45 really are my jam
Spitfire still mad even after the nerf. RE-45 is good early game and I love it. But won’t pick it over R-99 or even R-301

waylo

Banned
Are you talking about a pop-up at the top of your client that said something like "there is an update to Origin, refresh to get it" or something along those lines? If so, that's just an Origin thing and not Apex related. I've got nothing for Apex and I just tried to manually update as well.

manfestival

Spitfire still mad even after the nerf. RE-45 is good early game and I love it. But won’t pick it over R-99 or even R-301
For me it depends on my mood and game. Sometimes I can just do better with the RE-45 than using the R-99 or R-301. BUT they do have much better midrange. One of my buddies was baffled by my recent obsession with the RE-45 till we played and now he understands.

Mista

Banned
For me it depends on my mood and game. Sometimes I can just do better with the RE-45 than using the R-99 or R-301. BUT they do have much better midrange. One of my buddies was baffled by my recent obsession with the RE-45 till we played and now he understands.
I’m sure he isn’t underestimating the RE-45 now. I love this gun

Mista

Banned
Don’t get hyped for Wattson a lot. According to Shroud she’s situational like Caustic for example.

Mista

Banned
Apparently everyone on Reddit talking about the new patch (That I haven't got yet)

They say it breaks the game..

Winter John

Yup. We were at the Derby over the weekend so I was looking forward to sitting down and playing a few matches. I downloaded the patch and the game froze 4 times. That was it for me. I guess I'll try again next week.

Mista

Banned
Yeah we could all use some new content....
Content will be seasonal as they stated before. What matters the most to me is what they pointed out. The audio bug and the funny hit reg. Those two must be fixed ASAP because it makes you lose fights and games you weren’t supposed to lose.

Mista

Banned
Came 1st with 8 Legends finally. Only need to get that equipment trophy now...
You’ll get there

86-C4600-E-070-E-4729-960-E-FEC9-AE7689-DB.jpg

Boss Mog

hit reg is annoying, I lost because of it earlier, 3 close-up mastiff shots to the face of the other guy that barely did any damage. That's not the most annoying bug though. Don't know if this is PS4 only but there's a glitch that happens fairly often where the icons on the healing item wheel won't show up and you can't change to a different healing item even if you know where they are on the wheel. That's by far the thing that needs to get fixed asap afaic.

Last edited:

Da-Kid

Yeah, I died after hitting someone with no armor with a Peacekeeper that had a choke on it fully charged and only did 10 damage to the head. 🤷🏿‍♂️

I also despise going against Pathfinder as it seems only 50% of your point blank bullets even hit him. Also didn't know Pathfinder can phase through grenades. Can't tell you how many times I seen a Pathfinder take 0 damage from one.

Boss Mog

I swear the Mastiff is broken. I'm shooting people point blank in the face while ADS and it's only doing 18 or 27 damage per shot.

Tesseract

Banned
good shit, nervous about those audio changes as it will change the meta quite a bit

pretty optimistic and happy with most of this shit, respawn is such a great developer

Last edited:

PSYGN

What I would change in the game:
* At least 1 gun in every loot pile, even if it's a Mozambique. Too many times I've scavenged two buildings and not find one single gun. That's not fun. I used to not pick it up at all but found it's better than nothing as you search for something better.
* Slightly more ammo per magazine for many guns.
* Arc-stars less damage

QoL improvements:
* Option to disable auto-swap weapons when empty (messes with my muscle memory sometimes).
* On console, if setting crouch action to hold instead of toggle, stay crouched if opening up a lootbox while crouching (much like your character continues to run while bringing up the inventory).
* Ability to set your favorite legend. The game only remembers your last played legend. I often forget to re-select my main following the game where I couldn't pick it, it would be nice to keep it selected.
* Slightly more intuitive pointing system. If I'm looking at the ground I'm likely pointing at the stack of energy ammo, not calling for the team to convene a few inches to the right of it.
* Wishlist: Blacklist items to prevent accidentally picking them up especially when running for a weapon in the beginning (they already do so much to make things automated, it'd be nice if we can go one further).

Missing:
* Generic combined stat trackers
* Detailed at-a-glance stats per character (imagine holding a button over a legend to see a dark overlay with many stats, like Black Ops 1's combat record)

Last edited:

PSYGN

good shit, nervous about those audio changes as it will change the meta quite a bit

pretty optimistic and happy with most of this shit, respawn is such a great developer

I don't think they needed to make the footsteps any louder. I can hear their footsteps and looting just fine even in the hut next door. I use a pair of in-ear earbuds. Unless this is talking about the times where footsteps weren't audible at all. I've had that happen several times as well.

What I would change in the game:
* At least 1 gun in every loot pile, even if it's a Mozambique. Too many times I've scavenged two buildings and not find one single gun. That's not fun. I used to not pick it up at all but found it's better than nothing as you search for something better.

This is a change I would definitely support or at least a gun in 50% of the loot piles. There are times when I've searched 3, 4, 5 and more buildings without getting anything more dangerous than a thermite grenade. It seems like it punishes lamewads like me that don't want to hot drop into the largest settlements and have to fight our way out of 15 different enemies right off the bat.

Alx

This is a change I would definitely support or at least a gun in 50% of the loot piles. There are times when I've searched 3, 4, 5 and more buildings without getting anything more dangerous than a thermite grenade. It seems like it punishes lamewads like me that don't want to hot drop into the largest settlements and have to fight our way out of 15 different enemies right off the bat.

Use the "I need a weapon" shortcut and your teammates will usually locate the nearest weapon for you, even if it's a pea-shooter (or if they're very nice, they'll drop one of theirs).

Use the "I need a weapon" shortcut and your teammates will usually locate the nearest weapon for you, even if it's a pea-shooter (or if they're very nice, they'll drop one of theirs).
Playing exclusively with randos means for the most part they couldn't care less about what I ping asking for. My point is, if my team of three drops at a small settlement of maybe 6 buildings and there are only 2 weapons in the buildings, it's frustrating. Especially if the weapons are p2020s or mozambiques. That means whoever has those will still be on a mad dash to grab any available weapon and when they inevitably bugger off somewhere with letting the rest of the team know, I better catch up and hope that they drop some shooty breadcrumbs in their wake for the likes of me. I don't really see any downside to Respawn upping the drop rate of weapons, even if its just the bottom tier as I'll stand a better chance with that than these hands. I can't count the amount of times I've died weaponless.

Tesseract

Banned
new patch dropped about an hour ago

my immediate impression is that the audio levels might be too high in some areas, will take some adjusting before i decide one way or the other, foot steps are much louder, stealth meta will change considerably as a result

audio balancing seems better, and the engine appears to handle more outputs at once, meaning overlapping gunshots and smoke and traps and ults going off at once without significant drop out

fortify perk is finally working, it's really nice, caustic is a boss now

most importantly, hit registration is noticeably better, did some testing with friends and dropped shots are a lot less common, especially ranged snipes and shotgun blasts

server architecture still needs work, i hope the tick rate gets to 60 eventually, but i cannot begrudge them for not having it in s01

as for s02's content, the stuff i've seen behind doors is gonna surprise some people, there's actually an impressive amount of weapons and loot dropping soon, and some radical changes to weapon economy that pro players should like

and while they are new to this, people forget they have all of titanfall's assets to play with

Last edited:

Alx

I wish they added some weapon related rewards, like in the Titanfall games. "Do X damage with a Mozambique, earn xp/red/blue currency".

Top Bottom