• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Are you happy, citizen?

Happiness is mandatory.

• Yes

Votes: 9 52.9%
  • Also, yes.

Votes: 8 47.1%

• Total voters

Pilgrimzero

nq5brAy.png

IDKFA

No.

From publishers editing classic works of fiction (Ian Fleming is next up to be changed for a modern audience), revisions to history to suit an ideology, to being forced to comply in practices I don't agree with or risk losing my job.

I feel like I am living in a world ripped from George Orwell's imagination. Please, make it stop.

FunkMiller

It’s 27 degrees at 8.30am, the sun is coming back out after a few days of cloud and rain, I’m a five minute walk from one of the best flat whites I‘ve ever had, and I‘m in the best country on earth.

Yeah, nah. Good thanks 👍

You will be happy, right meow, and like it.

Yes, feeling good. Walked the dog for an hour, did various 5/10min workouts for 45mins and cleaned the hell out of the house too. Kids had all their sport on SAT, SUN was a me day and got busy with the misses last night to boot (a more fun workout). Monday morning kids school done and I'm reading weekend worker reports and GAFfing on the other screen while I settle into my work day.

Ownage

No.

From publishers editing classic works of fiction (Ian Fleming is next up to be changed for a modern audience), revisions to history to suit an ideology, to being forced to comply in practices I don't agree with or risk losing my job.

I feel like I am living in a world ripped from George Orwell's imagination. Please, make it stop.
Don't vote democrat next time. It's a start.

TheInfamousKira

Reseterror Resettler
As a citizen? Completely subjective to each person. This isn't a rule, but there is an observable positive correlation to having better or stronger feelings for those areas in life we devote more time toward. I'm less likely to have strong feelings about Wizards of the Coast rulings but again, I'm not a card player.

All of this to say that I'm sort of an uninvolved lurker on the forum of IRL/being involved with the community.

Now, am I happy as a person?

Hahahahahahahahaha

But I also subscribe to the idea that happiness is more of a filter over life as opposed to an actual state of being, and that to be dissatisfied with something is synonymous with having ambition, be it focused and framed positively or not.

Nobody_Important

“Aww, it’s so...average,” she said to him in a cold brick of passion
No.

Pretty sure you are deeply exaggerating for dramatic effect and that you will be fine lol

Last edited:
Pretty sure you are deeply exaggerating for dramatic effect and that you will be fine lol
It is extremely demoralising to feel that you don’t belong in your own society.

You might be fine materially but you can’t discount your spirit.

I barely go online at the weekend and instead spend time with my wife and child. I’m the happiest I’ve ever been. Monday comes and I’m transported into a world that goes against almost every value and instinct I have. It chips away at you.

Lasha

I barely go online at the weekend and instead spend time with my wife and child. I’m the happiest I’ve ever been. Monday comes and I’m transported into a world that goes against almost every value and instinct I have. It chips away at you.

Do you live in Afghanistan or what?

Days like these...

Have a Blessed Day

Meds breh

Days like these...

Have a Blessed Day
I would say I'm content. I'm in a really difficult situation that I can't shake right now. I've accepted that this my life for now and I make the best of it because life is never not now.

Claus Grimhildyr

Vincit qui se vincit
What are you even talking about? What has happened here recently to make you no longer feel like you belong in your own society?

Did I miss something?

Social Media tearing society apart. Mentally challenged individuals silencing critical thought and alternative views on campuses, places that used to be forums for debate. Almost *every* news site pushing clickbait, lies, and purposefully antagonizing people to get hate clicks. Companies treating true issues in society as a means to take advantage and pretend to care, only in an effort to rake in some money and immediately ignore the plights as soon as the themed month/week/day is over. Continued ignorance over the most basic scientific theories and concepts. People no longer wear JNCOs and instead wear super tight pants.

The last one is especially egregious.

Bring back the JNCOs.

Snacking Limited Edition GIF by Goldfish

Last edited:

diffusionx

No.

We're living in the worst combination of Orwell's censorship and thought control regime with BNW's pleasure-induced slavery.

Raonak

Yeah, overall life is pretty good.

I'm in a good job, and great friends and family. I am creatively satisfied as I make videogames as a hobby.
My PS5 is awesome, and so is my PSVR2 which I can't stop playing.

I am reasonably satisfied with the state of the world, technology reigns supreme which is good for a programmer like me, I'm enjoying seeing the evolution of humanity pushing the boundaries of what it means to be human, and society actually pretends to care about minorities for the first time ever, which is cool.

wish I had better physique, had more hair, money, and time. but besides that I'm good.

Last edited:
Top Bottom