• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Astral Chain E3 2019 trailer

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum

source.gif

SALMORE

i still don't know what type of is it ? looks like a Monster Hunter game which i don't like

Last edited:

Danjin44

i still don't know what type of is it ? looks like a Monster Hunter game which i don't like
??? where do get MH from exactly!!? it's an action and you can capture monsters to help you in battle, it's pretty clear what it is.

Last edited:

xool

It's a fighting (ie character action game) I think .. plus you "capture" creatures and they become mounts/superweapons (temporarily)

Does look good. Maybe Nintendo should hurry up with that cheap non-dockable Switch for me too ...

Labolas

A few things I've noticed. You can throw out more than one Legion. One, in particular, can do unite bomb (W101) or the slow pod program (NierA).

DunDunDunpachi

Patient MembeR
A few things I've noticed. You can throw out more than one Legion. One, in particular, can do unite bomb (W101) or the slow pod program (NierA).
Yeah capturing a legion is new to me. I just thought the weapons from the initial reveal were a part of your organization.

Capturing and utilizing them makes a lot more sense, but I hope it isn't too railroaded. Gimme your unavoidable tutorials early and let me mess around for the rest of the game on my own.

Player, come capture this large enemy in order to obtain the necessary chain-hook-teleport-whatever to traverse this impassable area.

Last edited:

Labolas

Nice catch!!!
Thanks

Yeah capturing a legion is new to me. I just thought the weapons from the initial reveal were a part of your organization.

Capturing and utilizing them makes a lot more sense, but I hope it isn't too railroaded. Gimme your unavoidable tutorials early and let me mess around for the rest of the game on my own.

Player, come capture this large enemy in order to obtain the necessary chain-hook-teleport-whatever to traverse this impassable area.
Yeah this has definitely not shown before. I don't know if this just plays in a cutscene out or it's a gameplay mechanic.

It looks like there is some juggle potential for sure and throwing out different legions is going to be unique and fun I would imagine.

Last edited:

DunDunDunpachi

Patient MembeR
Thanks

Yeah this has definitely not shown before. I don't know if this just plays in a cutscene out or it's a gameplay mechanic.

It looks like there is some juggle potential for sure and throwing out different legions is going to be unique and fun I would imagine.
W101 is their best combat system so far (IMO) because of the open-ended combo chaining you could do. We'll have to see how free-form Astral Chain is.

My guess is you're limited to a narrow selection of Legions at any given time, like three or four. The only reason W101 was able to provide the player so many weapons at once is because of the drawing system.

That said, who cares? The game looks sick and not every P* game is going to surpass everything I liked about previous P* games.

Labolas

W101 is their best combat system so far (IMO) because of the open-ended combo chaining you could do. We'll have to see how free-form Astral Chain is.

My guess is you're limited to a narrow selection of Legions at any given time, like three or four. The only reason W101 was able to provide the player so many weapons at once is because of the drawing system.

That said, who cares? The game looks sick and not every P* game is going to surpass everything I liked about previous P* games.

Definitely agree. But as far I can tell it's game of the show for me.

Kazza

Hmm, I was hoping the plot would be about futuristic police work rather than a save the world from aliens plot, but it looks great nonetheless. Very nice artstyle and the gameplay looks fun too (good mix of fighting and platforming)

Danjin44

Hmm, I was hoping the plot would be about futuristic police work rather than a save the world from aliens plot, but it looks great nonetheless. Very nice artstyle and the gameplay looks fun too (good mix of fighting and platforming)
You actually do police work like investigation and catching criminal outside of fighting aliens, you actually see that in the first trailer.

Last edited:

DunDunDunpachi

Patient MembeR
You actually do police work like investigation and catching criminal outside of fighting aliens, you actually see that in the first trailer.
Yeah my guess is it will take the form of "there's a disturbance in Cyber Ghetto #15. Reports of a gang using Legion powers to attack the locals".

Hot d*mn! Maybe I've been living under a rock or this game just came completely out of left field and became one of the highlights of this rather abysmal E3. And the best part is that it'll be coming out pretty soon. Time to bust out the Switch again.

Danjin44

Also no one is talking about this but I would say the english voice acting is pretty solid.

Danjin44

Here is some info on the game.

https://gematsu.com/2019/06/astral-chain-e3-2019-trailer-screenshots

About

Master multiple combat styles in this synergetic action game!

Humanity’s last chance against an interdimensional invasion is a special living weapon called the Legion. As a rookie officer in the elite police task force Neuron, you and your Legion will work together to solve cases and save humankind.

The Astral Chain game gives you full control over two characters at once for thrilling Synergetic Action, courtesy of PlatinumGames. Alternate between several Legion types and skills to save the world your way.

Astral Chain features character designs by the acclaimed manga artist Masakazu Katsura (ZETMAN, Video Girl Ai), and marks the directorial debut of PlatinumGames’ Takahisa Taura (designer of NieR: Automata). Hideki Kamiya, director of the Bayonetta game and writer/supervisor of the Bayonetta 2 game, provides supervision.

Key Features

• Players can control the protagonist and a special weapon called a Legion simultaneously, building stylish combos by using both characters in tandem
  • There are multiple Legions in the game, each with different combat styles and abilities. Players can even strategically change between Legions at will during real-time battles
  • This apocalyptic setting is full of intricate details and interesting characters, including citizens and suspects you can interact with in the city, others in the special police task force, and your twin sibling
  • Use the abilities of the Legion not only in battle but also for investigating cases and solving environmental puzzles
  • Uncover the secrets of the alternate dimension called the Astral Plane, where the mysterious invaders originate
  • Astral Chain is directed by Takahisa Taura, known for his work as the game designer on NieR:Automata, and supervised by Hideki Kamiya, creator of the Bayonetta series

brap

Banned
Is this related to Xenoblade or does it just have the same generic ass anime style like all anime nintendo games?

Top Bottom