• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Astral Chain E3 2019 trailer

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
There is going to be collectors edition!!! Fuck yeah!!!

https://www.siliconera.com/2019/06/...a-special-art-board-ost-and-152-page-artbook/
D8zq8feVsAAs1vN-768x432.jpg

giphy.gif

Last edited:

DunDunDunpachi

Patient MembeR
Using the chain and moving your character around the arena in order to tie up enemies is extremely cool. Reminds me of how you could abuse the "tri-Attack" system in Resonance of Fate, positioning yourself, cutting across the field, etc.

At 22:25, she explains that players can mix up multiple legions for the purpose of combat. Guessing we will be able to freely switch between them mid-combo after a certain point of the game (if not right away).

And then a bit later he shows off how you can use multiple legions for a custom combo. :pie_smiling_hearts:

Danjin44

I hope to god Nintendo better advertise the crap out of this game. The game is looking super polished and one of the few games that has no delays and able deliver on its original date.

Danjin44

Switching between LEGION during combat looks smooth and fun!!! I think I'm done, I saw all I need to see from this game and I'm sold, I'm going media blackout.

sublimit

Banned
Just finished watching pt 2 of their treehouse gameplay presentation. The combat looks like it has a lot of depth and i like that it also has exploration and puzzle elements. It also looks stylish AF.

Edit:It also looks very hard lol

Last edited:
Just watched both treehouse playthroughs of this. Holy shit this looks amazing. Platinum Games literally have the secret sauce. Idk how they do it, but everything they put out is gold.

sublimit

Banned
Just watched both treehouse playthroughs of this. Holy shit this looks amazing. Platinum Games literally have the secret sauce. Idk how they do it, but everything they put out is gold.
Platinum really knows how to nail action.
Btw their director had some serious skills playing the game.He made the last boss battle look "easy" but i would have died a thousand times lol.

Ma-Yuan

Strangely I am not really hyped about the game but will buy it anyway. Still waiting that the collectors edition pops up somewhere.

Danjin44

Strangely I am not really hyped about the game but will buy it anyway. Still waiting that the collectors edition pops up somewhere.
Then I don’t understand why even want collectors edition or even buy the game if you are not hype for it?

Last edited:

Ma-Yuan

I love platinum games and like collecting games^^ Was the same with Nier Automata and I greatly enjoyed the game. Also if I only buy games I was hyped for then I wouldn't buy many games at all. I think a lot off people would miss out on games if that was the only criteria :D

Last edited:

Danjin44

I love platinum games and like collecting games^^ Was the same with Nier Automata and I greatly enjoyed the game.
I see, did you watched any of the Treehouse gameplay footage? I was already hyped for this but those gameplay they showed off got me beyond hyped.

Ma-Yuan

I only saw the trailer from the direct so far. Might have to watch this then. But I have faith in PG. The only Game from them I didn't enjoy was Madworld. ^^

mcz117chief

Man, oh man! Lately I can't stop thinking about buying a Switch. My first Nintendo console since Game Boy Advance (also bought old DS from a friend). Should I do it, GAF lads? Should I take the plunge?

Danjin44

Man, oh man! Lately I can't stop thinking about buying a Switch. My first Nintendo console since Game Boy Advance (also bought old DS from a friend). Should I do it, GAF lads? Should I take the plunge?
In opinion you should, there is so many great games coming out for it.

But more reasonable thing to do is to see how many games that are currently out and the upcoming ones you think you would enjoy.

It always better to do little research before buying any system, regardless me or anybody else says.

mcz117chief

In opinion you should, there is so many great games coming out for it.

But more reasonable thing to do is to see how many games that are currently out and the upcoming ones you think you would enjoy.

It always better to do little research before buying any system, regardless me or anybody else says.
I keep looking at the catalog and I was wondering what are some of the best Switch games that I should start with, not a fan of Zelda or Mario stuff or what I can find on other consoles.

Danjin44

I keep looking at the catalog and I was wondering what are some of the best Switch games that I should start with, not a fan of Zelda or Mario stuff or what I can find on other consoles.
I personally really enjoyed:

Octopath Traveler if you enjoy old school turn based RPG (it recently released on PC as well)
402d3e582dae01ccc2916f4f3180b6aa218190af.png

Xenoblade Chronicles 2
xenoblade_chronicles_2_battle_1533020724.jpg

Upcoming

Daemon X Machina (September 13)
dxm.original.jpg

Astral Chain (August 30)

mcz117chief

I personally really enjoyed:

Octopath Traveler if you enjoy old school turn based RPG (it recently released on PC as well)
402d3e582dae01ccc2916f4f3180b6aa218190af.png

Xenoblade Chronicles 2
xenoblade_chronicles_2_battle_1533020724.jpg

Upcoming

Daemon X Machina (September 13)
dxm.original.jpg

Astral Chain (August 30)
Great, those are the ones I was looking at too. Much love ❤️

Aldric

That boss fight is insane. I love the instant switching to the axe legion to block as well as extending your chain to jump from platform to platform. It's like a better version of TW101's system with far more stylish esthetics. Shame for the 30fps though but I guess that's what it takes to make the game run on Switch.

Do we know if there's gyro aiming for the archer legion?

RPGCrazied

This game looks awesome. I watched it on treehouse live. I love the scifi setting. One thing they didn't talk about is how long is the game and does it have side quests or is it just a linear affair?

CyberPanda

Banned
This game looks awesome. I watched it on treehouse live. I love the scifi setting. One thing they didn't talk about is how long is the game and does it have side quests or is it just a linear affair?
Platinum games are usually a linear affair, but I presume they will have a few side quests here and there. But nothing significant.

Heimdall_Xtreme

Jim Ryan Fanclub's #1 Member
Already Pre-order!!

I hope someday Platinum Games try to launch Vanquish or a hipotetical Vanquish 2 to Nintendo Switch.

Last edited:

Danjin44

I think there going to be side quest in form of doing normal police work and catching human criminals.

Last edited:

RPGCrazied

Yeah, the hub/office looks pretty huge. Would be a shame if there wasn't optional missions.

Last edited:

blackjon24

The game is looking real good. I hope its a substantial game and not over in like 5-6 hours. 15-20 hours is what I'm hoping for

Danjin44

I recently notice that this game has kind of same mechanic as Metal Gear Solid: Rising’s zandatsu. That’s pretty cool.

33kkxg.gif

Last edited:

Bkdk

Not really satisfied with DMC5, hopefully kamiya will make it up and am hyped. One of the must play of the year.

Top Bottom