• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Austin and Central Texas Community |OT| Tacos, Tunes, Traffic, and Torridity

Go get a beer at The Landing Strip. Its very close to the airport.

Just looked the place up, looks like they are open at 11am? Is it okay place to go during afternoon hours? Don't want to go too late today (Halloween) as my supposed flight is early in the morning on Sunday.

Attention fellow foodies/culinarians!

The Whole Foods downtown (6th & Lamar) is selling fresh yuzu, since winter is citrus season. Get them while you can, they're dirt cheap. Only $3/lb.

Timeaisis

I'm super busy this month but we really should try to meet-up. We've been putting it off for too long. What do you guys think?

neshcom

Banned
I kind of wish it had rained even a little bit today--just to justify screwing up my schedule this week.

Also yes, we should do another meet up!

I definitely need to see you guys a lot more often. One dramatic change to my life has happened. I'm in a relationship with the girl that I liked since I met her, which was 3 years ago. :3

Sydle

Anyone here in Austin interested in taking some perfectly working consoles and games off my hands, or know of a place that will take them as donations? Please, PM me.

Here's what I've got:

EDIT: All gone! Thanks!

Changed my avatar because I didn't get enough avatar quotes, and I'm an AQ Whore. ;___;

Hey, looks like they're building a massive Pinballz right next to Main Event up North. Unsure if it is a second location or if they are changing locations altogether though I suspect the latter.

I hope it's a second location. That would be pretty sweet, would definitely check it out the day it opens. :D

Posted in this thread a few months but ago but my move date is rapidly approaching and I'll be heading up this weekend to start shopping around for apartments. Any general Austin dos and donts, top music spots, etc?

Posted in this thread a few months but ago but my move date is rapidly approaching and I'll be heading up this weekend to start shopping around for apartments. Any general Austin dos and donts, top music spots, etc?
As usual, Lazy-Gaf comes with the weeks later reply XD

Where are you working? Price range, got a family, what kind of life do you live? These will influence your regional selection.

As usual, Lazy-Gaf comes with the weeks later reply XD

Where are you working? Price range, got a family, what kind of life do you live? These will influence your regional selection.
I will be leaving my current job when I move so it's not a work venture but a school one. Transferring to ACC and then UT in either the Summer or Fall of next year so I suppose student life is the life at hand. Not a huge partier or anything but I enjoy concerts and such.

Price range is ideally 800-1000 a month for rent so I don't expect a penthouse suite. Could spend a little more but have to worry about utilities and internet as well and I only have so much saved up from when I was working 70 hour weeks, lol. Will obviously grab a new job the moment I touch down and get a place.

And I have no children or anything of that sort so it'll just be me, although once I get settled and know my time schedule I would like to adopt a cat or two.

Heading up on Sunday to check things out, exciting times! Ended up getting sick when I made the last post so I couldn't head up sadly.

pirata

I will be leaving my current job when I move so it's not a work venture but a school one. Transferring to ACC and then UT in either the Summer or Fall of next year so I suppose student life is the life at hand. Not a huge partier or anything but I enjoy concerts and such.

Price range is ideally 800-1000 a month for rent so I don't expect a penthouse suite. Could spend a little more but have to worry about utilities and internet as well and I only have so much saved up from when I was working 70 hour weeks, lol. Will obviously grab a new job the moment I touch down and get a place.

And I have no children or anything of that sort so it'll just be me, although once I get settled and know my time schedule I would like to adopt a cat or two.

Heading up on Sunday to check things out, exciting times! Ended up getting sick when I made the last post so I couldn't head up sadly.

Take my advice and look into the student co-op houses. It's the best sort of living situation, unless you absolutely want to live by yourself.

Which ACC campus, do you know? If you're doing Northridge, there are some single-bedroom apartments in that 800-1000 price range.

Take my advice and look into the student co-op houses. It's the best sort of living situation, unless you absolutely want to live by yourself.
Just feel like it might be weird as an older student. What would be the best resource for looking into current openings?
Which ACC campus, do you know? If you're doing Northridge, there are some single-bedroom apartments in that 800-1000 price range.
That's what I'm going to try to figure out tomorrow, do want one that is between ACC and UT so I don't have a long commute once I transfer. Rio Grande is literally right next to UT which is nice and Eastview/Riverside are still pretty close.

KXAN reporting that muggings and assaults are on the rise, I blame holiday struggles for cash. Be careful out there.

Anyone been to Wu Chow? I hear some hubbub about it.

Zoe

I've heard the soup dumplings are great, but everything else is nothing to write home about...

neshcom

Banned
KXAN reporting that muggings and assaults are on the rise, I blame holiday struggles for cash. Be careful out there.

Anyone been to Wu Chow? I hear some hubbub about it.

I hear that. There was a shooting right down the street from me a few days ago :( This is why I stay inside, dammit (no it isn't)

kgtrep

Maybe you guys saw too yesterday. Hundreds of bikers drove by Helping Hand Home, a foster care center. They were here to give children Christmas presents. :)

AoL9P3o.jpg

Sydle

Via 313 is the best pizza I've had in Austin. Went to the location at 290 and William Cannon. Be prepared to wait.

What's going on Austin-GAF? Anything new?

- Parties, parties everywhere (December is the month with the most birthdays)

- Trail of Lights at some point

- Tomorrow a friend in the Navy visits for a week

- Another friend visits as well on the 18th

- I await Jan 2-4 for Ikkicon

Best month.

Zoe

Getting sick and tired of this yo-yo weather. I've been climbing up on a stool every other night to switch the direction on our ceiling fans.

- I await Jan 2-4 for Ikkicon

Best month.
Oh shit, I forgot about Ikkicon. So many cute and unbelievably socially-awkward nerd girls.

(Last con, I was still at Piranha Killer Sushi. They took us over that weekend, costumes and all. XD)

I'm getting schedule-making powers with my promotion here soon. We really need to do something since the weather is not Gehenna Plains-level cold yet.

Oh shit, I forgot about Ikkicon. So many cute and unbelievably socially-awkward nerd girls.

(Last con, I was still at Piranha Killer Sushi. They took us over that weekend, costumes and all. XD)

I'm getting schedule-making powers with my promotion here soon. We really need to do something since the weather is not Gehenna Plains-level cold yet.

Funny enough, the person that I met at Ikkicon 3 years ago is the person that I am now dating. xD Which is really awesome. It makes me jealous that she makes all these things for cosplaying.

I have yet to go to this Piranha Killer Sushi place, but I should at least once in my life. :V Nice! I'm guessing you have no pictures of that? Hah

At this point in the month, I feel we won't be making any sort of plans. :p

Top Bottom