• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Berserk |OT| - Big men, bigger swords, OFF THE BOAT - Berserk #344 24/6/2016

Nibel

The universe would implode if we had Berserk and HxH at the same time so yeah
wtzgU.gif

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
When are we gonna get that Berserk Idol Master cross over if Miura is starting to expand the brand?

To be fair to the man, the myriad issues of Berserk 2016/17 go deeper than the script. Plus it's difficult to judge a writer's ability by series composition, since that mostly involves choosing what happens in what episode (although certain decisions like cutting Lost Children, squashing Isidoro into the bar in episode 1 with the tree monster would fall under his purview).

Bad news.

The manga will go back on hiatus after the release of Episode 351 this Friday until Winter.

Called it. I mean how could you not have seen this coming if you've been keeping up with Berserk news? The anime is done in a few days, volume 39 is done and out in a few days along with the novel about Grunbeld. It's the middle of the year - which means Miura is done with new chapters for 2017. Four chapters this year is better than nothing I guess, but I really thought Casca was going to be healed this year. Here's to hoping it happens in 2018! >_<

Tizoc

Called it. I mean how could you not have seen this coming if you've been keeping up with Berserk news? The anime is done in a few days, volume 39 is done and out in a few days along with the novel about Grunbeld. It's the middle of the year - which means Miura is done with new chapters for 2017. Four chapters this year is better than nothing I guess, but I really thought Casca was going to be healed this year. Here's to hoping it happens in 2018! >_<

Hey on the plus side we know when the next chapter's gonna be, so it's all good.

Grudy

I had a feeling this was coming. Man this sucks.
To be fair to the man, the myriad issues of Berserk 2016/17 go deeper than the script. Plus it's difficult to judge a writer's ability by series composition, since that mostly involves choosing what happens in what episode (although certain decisions like cutting Lost Children, squashing Isidoro into the bar in episode 1 with the tree monster would fall under his purview).
I'm surprised they even had a writer, the way they were copying the manga. I'm really starting to doubt how much control Miura has over the Berserk IP.

I had a feeling this was coming. Man this sucks.

I'm surprised they even had a writer, the way they were copying the manga. I'm really starting to doubt how much control Miura has over the Berserk IP.
Miura doesn't exist, think about it, has anybody really seen the man?

STOP THE PRESSES!
Figma Guts - Black Swordsman ver. , Re-Color announced!
12/17

For many the holy grail, now is the chance without paying scalper prices.

Brakke

Banned
Yo. So I kinda poked into the anime a few weeks ago and that thread all recommended ditching the anime to read the comics. But nobody warned me about the tentacle rape in hell... Goddamnit, Japan.

Anyway I kept with it through the Tower of Conviction stuff because I watched part of that in the anime before switching to the manga and I wanted to compare. Now I'm one book in to the Millenium Empire arc and... this book is way less interesting in the post-Band of the Hawk timeline than it was before. Puck and Isadoro strike such a weird tone I don't know why that's happening. Now living Griffith just assembled a squad of minibosses.

Is that the story from here out? Guts just gunna work his way through a video game procession of minibosses, feeling bad about Casca as she gets raped or rape-threatened again and again and again?

Pacing on this thing just seems all over the place. I actually enjoyed that little Evil Bug Fairy story but the book makes such hard swings between building momentum on the core God Hand stuff to detours through little battles that I'm starting to lose interest. Worth sticking with?

HStallion

Yo. So I kinda poked into the anime a few weeks ago and that thread all recommended ditching the anime to read the comics. But nobody warned me about the tentacle rape in hell... Goddamnit, Japan.

Anyway I kept with it through the Tower of Conviction stuff because I watched part of that in the anime before switching to the manga and I wanted to compare. Now I'm one book in to the Millenium Empire arc and... this book is way less interesting in the post-Band of the Hawk timeline than it was before. Puck and Isadoro strike such a weird tone I don't know why that's happening. Now living Griffith just assembled a squad of minibosses.

Is that the story from here out? Guts just gunna work his way through a video game procession of minibosses, feeling bad about Casca as she gets raped or rape-threatened again and again and again?

Pacing on this thing just seems all over the place. I actually enjoyed that little Evil Bug Fairy story but the book makes such hard swings between building momentum on the core God Hand stuff to detours through little battles that I'm starting to lose interest. Worth sticking with?

The story never returns to Guts being an edgelord piece of shit bad ass. Along with gathering a new group of comrades the story and Guts evolve and he returns to a semblance of his earlier self while the general tone never gets nearly as grim or fucked up as the Golden Age other large events are looming from around where you're at. I don't much agree with the pacing since I was totally taken by Berserk on my first read through but its not going to change that up much and if you're looking for big answers on things like the God Hand and what is really going on
we havent gotten any yet though other things have occurred that I won't mention that certainly move the story along.

Figma Guts re-issue is up for pre-order at the usual places, this is a good opportunity for those who missed out on the first release as this figure is heavily overpriced and difficult to hunt down.

Welp manage is taking another break till winter. I really feel that I will never see the end if this manga. Been reading it for almost 20 years now...

New002

Figma Guts re-issue is up for pre-order at the usual places, this is a good opportunity for those who missed out on the first release as this figure is heavily overpriced and difficult to hunt down.

Any store you'd recommend? I'm new to this whole figures thing @_@...dunno what's the best/worst.

Any store you'd recommend? I'm new to this whole figures thing @_@...dunno what's the best/worst.

yes

Amiami,

Great prices, if you select paypal as the payment method they will only charge your account in December when the figure releases. However they don't like people canceling orders, if you pre-order you better commit to it.

For shipping method I usually do SAL registered, it's cheap and it takes a couple of weeks top to arrive.

Visit us at the Action Figure Thread if you have more questions, tons of knowledgeable people there.

New002

yes

Amiami,

Great prices, if you select paypal as the payment method they will only charge your account in December when the figure releases. However they don't like people canceling orders, if you pre-order you better commit to it.

For shipping method I usually do SAL registered, it's cheap and it takes a couple of weeks top to arrive.

Visit us at the Action Figure Thread if you have more questions, tons of knowledgeable people there.

Ordering now. Thanks! I popped in once in...2015 lol when I was thinking of picking up another Berserk figure, though I didn't go through with it :(

Ordering now. Thanks! I popped in once in...2015 lol when I was thinking of picking up another Berserk figure, though I didn't go through with it :(
Figma Berserk figures are amazing, I have them all, Slan and Conrad are on the way and Void and Ubik will be released next month hopefully, now we just need a Skull Knight Figma :(

Veelk

Banned
I think this is the first time that Miura has tripped up.
It's hard not to giggle at all the penis demons, for one, which is NOT the reaction you want when your characters are walking through a psychic recreation of Caska's most traumatic event.
Second,
I'm not an expert on the repercussions of rape by any means, but I don't think it results in fear of penis's (...peni?) itself. I can see a fear of intimacy or even sexual relations, but I would argue a better psychic representation would be demons that latch onto you and refuse to remove themselves might be better. A forced bodily intrusion, you know, or something like that. Demonizing the act of rape, rather than the object used for rape, feels like it'd be more appropriate. But if any experts on the subject can chime on either confirming or disconfirming this assumption, let me know.

HStallion

Also, there's going to be a new Berserk announcement next month on the 16th.
https://mobile.twitter.com/aoimarumaru/status/878037915720220672

Watch it be season 3 of the anime with the same studio.

Oh for fuck's sake if they are making a season 3 I just fucking give up on anime.

God fucking dammit, Miura. Stop drawing prepubescent girls naked.

I think we should all come to terms that Miura is pervy old man at this point. Gigantomakhia was basically him going full on dirty old man.

Veelk

Banned
I think we should all come to terms that Miura is pervy old man at this point. Gigantomakhia was basically him going full on dirty old man.

Oh, I know. In fact, that's severely understating the situation. He's not just pervy, he'd pedophilic. Not even ephobophilic which is often confused for it, but this is actual pedophilia, since the objects of sexual lust are prepubescent girls. It's getting harder and harder to ignore as he keeps making these kinds of characters.

Top Bottom