• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Brink |OT| _/^\_

Kholdstare

Thanks for the input everyone.

Chances are I'll pick it up on Amazon if I can (not too sure how good amazon.ca is when it comes to new games), and just buy codes from people for the other packs.

I have a gotta get em all attitude when it comes to games like this. :(

AwesomeSauce

MagsMoonshine
I'm in a pickle. Right now I'm trying to convince some friends to join me on Brink and if they do we will be on the triple, but if none of them decide to join me and get Brink, I'll spring for the PC version. Only thing is i hope the PC version is optimized since i just have above minimum requirements. Really want to hear how this runs on PC cause not sure if my gtx260 and c2d can do this justice.

Kholdstare

Depending on where you guys are getting the game from feel free to message me and I'll buy your pre-order code off of you for like 5$.

If you want that is.

demolitio

I need to find a way to sell my extra copy of Shogun 2 for $30 and then get Brink with that money along with a little gift card I have.

The problem is not many people use CL to buy PC games since everyone is wary of CD key issues, etc. So if more people searched it, I'd be in luck since it's an unopened copy. Hell, I could just give them the key to use on STEAM... :p

zlatko

Banned
derFeef said:
True, loaded month. Brink and Witcher 2 for me though. Not sure about LA Noire.

Brink day 0 for me. Witcher 2 on some steam sale in a month or two/when money permits. LA as a rental day 1.

That's how my thought process is. :)

They're all buys for me. Brink and Witcher are day 0.

LA Noire I'll wait a month or two (probably after I finish Shadows of the Damned and Infamous 2). Besides, console games are dropping prices pretty quickly too these days.

Raide

Buying on Day 1. Like the new Section 8, I do hope there is a community that keeps on playing it for a while. Hate to see a good shooter die off too quickly. I don't care about Witcher 2 or LA Noire, so Brink is the main game for me.

Sent an invite for 360 Brink. :D

This has been day one for me since its announcement, I can't not support the makers of the best -- kinda clunky -- MP game of all time, Quake Wars.

That said I hope the light bodytype gets some fun weapons and not just peashooter SMGs, I've seen some talk about bolt-action rifles, now THAT sounds like something I could use if the weapon-switching is fast enough. Really looking forward to experimenting with all the classes and weapons, though I' pretty sure I'll stick to light no matter what as everything else seems super slow.

I'm pumped!

Dina

Day 1 on D2D. So very pumped, I want this to be good. It being released three days after the US release is utter shit tho. Wished that we could put this behind us, now with digital distribution so prevalent.

desu

Dina said:
Day 1 on D2D. So very pumped, I want this to be good. It being released three days after the US release is utter shit tho. Wished that we could put this behind us, now with digital distribution so prevalent.

Same same, annoys the heck out of me as well!

Sorry Brink; I am somewhat interested, but L.A. Noire is out only a week after youse and it looks infinitely more intriguing.

Dina said:
Yes, both Security and Resistance.
Just bot-matches with cut-scenes though. However there are challanges (that'll unlock the weapons, so around 20 or so?) that do sound kind of interesting, pretty sure that's with bots only.

Bottom line though is don't buy it if you're not planning on going online, unless you're one of those people that really enjoys playing against bots. SD bots are pretty good if QW is anything to judge by.

Dina

Danne-Danger said:
Just bot-matches with cut-scenes though. However there are challanges (that'll unlock the weapons, so around 20 or so?) that do sound kind of interesting, pretty sure that's with bots only.

Bottom line though is don't buy it if you're not planning on going online, unless you're one of those people that really enjoys playing against bots. SD bots are pretty good if QW is anything to judge by.

Well, yes. In the interviews they keep harping about singleplayer, and it's true that your SP stats carry over to the MP game. You will unlock things for MP in SP, and vica versa. It'll be killer in MP is what I'm counting on.

What also hugely resonates with me is the art-style of both the clear, crisp Ark locations and the favela-styled slums.

zlatko

Banned
Dina said:
Well, yes. In the interviews they keep harping about singleplayer, and it's true that your SP stats carry over to the MP game. You will unlock things for MP in SP, and vica versa. It'll be killer in MP is what I'm counting on.

What also hugely resonates with me is the art-style of both the clear, crisp Ark locations and the favela-styled slums.

I'm excited that the SP can be done with up to 8 players in a co-op of the same thing, as well as the multiplayer being the same thing as the SP/MP, but with full teams of 8 on 8 so you'll get practice for the way the multiplayer will be played even offline or just with buddies against bots.

I've got 6 other friends getting it day one and I can't wait to bust through with them to unlock some awesome things to wear. I'm going with the Resistance first, and then the security. Can't freaking wait! :D

sambo

Neo Member
I can't believe their planning on pricing it at $89 for Aussies, can't wait for the following weekend!

zlatko

Banned
sambo said:
I can't believe their planning on pricing it at $89 for Aussies, can't wait for the following weekend!

Is this common for AUS games being over priced or what's the deal here?

desu

Billen said:
Is it possible to buy this from the US Direct2Drive site from Europe, or do we get fisted whatever we do?

You need a us ip and us creditcard or paypal to pay with. As usual europeans have a hard time ^^

desu

Cyberia said:
So when can we expect reviews hit the net?

Probably on release day, game might not be that polished (looks at pc specs) so I wouldnt be surprised to see no reviews before release.

godhandiscen

There are millions of whiny 5-year olds on Earth, and I AM THEIR KING.
lawblob said:
Anyone know if there is supposed to be a quality difference between 360 / PS3?
The last game you have to go off is Quake Wars: ET, its the last game that used the same engine and was made by the same developer. I don't know if there were any platform differences in that game.

zlatko

Banned
lawblob said:
Anyone know if there is supposed to be a quality difference between 360 / PS3?

PS3 versions online might not be working if Sony doesn't bring PSN back up on time, so there's that to consider.

If you are paying for Xbox Live though, then it's probably a better/safer bet to go with that version until reviews start rolling out.

NBtoaster

Xater

godhandiscen said:
The last game you have to go off is Quake Wars: ET, its the last game that used the same engine and was made by the same developer. I don't know if there were any platform differences in that game.

That game was also ported by some other studios and was ass on both platforms. That is no indication at all.

What we do know is that at public events like PAX they had the PS3 version playable.

Billen

Banned
desu said:
You need a us ip and us creditcard or paypal to pay with. As usual europeans have a hard time ^^

Ok. Personally, I might settle for Section 8: Prejudice then. Way cheaper. :D

Top Bottom