• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Cardi B "used to drug and rob men"

• Thread starter Deleted member 740922
  • Start date

Zog

Banned
Lot of people next door not believing the victims. Now, it seems, we should wait for the facts.

Selective outrage is the best kind of outrage.
I read the last page of the thread next door and the tide seems to be turning against her.

iconmaster

Banned
TIL: A an out-of-court confession alone is not enough to convict one of a crime. There has to be at least some evidence that the crime actually occurred.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Corpus_delicti

And I'm not sure I even take her confession seriously, because

Cardi's confession came as she was facing some criticism following her announcement of plans to write a book. "I am a rapper. I am a bitch that came from the streets that came to the industry," Cardi said. "I wasn't a Disney channel star. I wasn't a nun. I wasn't a saint."

This could just be self-promotional posturing.

Last edited:

Zog

Banned
TIL: A an out-of-court confession alone is not enough to convict one of a crime. There has to be at least some evidence that the crime actually occurred.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Corpus_delicti

And I'm not sure I even take her confession seriously, because

This could just be self-promotional posturing.
Imagine if Bill Cosby confessed to drugging women and then a woman came forward confirming this, would you be like 'eh, he's just doing self-promotion',

Last edited:

zeioIIDX

that bitch ugly as fuck
That's what I'm saying. Bet her nose weighs 2 lbs. I know that's mean but fuck it, I'm not down with some chick drugging and ganking a dude. Asking for sex or asking to come back to the hotel for a drink, in my book, is not enough to warrant getting drugged and having your shit robbed. Her justification was that some of these dudes (maybe all of them) had girlfriends and wives and they were trying to cheat so she thought she was giving them the middle finger by giving them some karma. Like she's Robin Hoodrat or some shit. Plus, there was a tweet I saw where a dude claimed to be someone she did this to and he alleged that he woke up with a used condom lying on the floor along with $850, an iPod Touch, and his expensive belt missing. If she was out there raping dudes after knocking them out, that's even more fucked up. Don't know whether that story/tweet was fake though.

Last edited:

AnotherOne

Good on her for coming clean and admitting... she's so brave it must've been so hard for her to keep it a secret for so long.. gurl power.

highrider

Banned
Yeah I mean it’s definitely a low life move. Hopefully she’s a better person now. I find her pretty likable in interviews, but her rap personae is pretty unappealing to me, although clearly it’s working for her. You can come from very humble circumstances in life, but that doesn’t mean you can’t rise above that.

Zog

Banned
Yeah I mean it’s definitely a low life move. Hopefully she’s a better person now. I find her pretty likable in interviews, but her rap personae is pretty unappealing to me, although clearly it’s working for her. You can come from very humble circumstances in life, but that doesn’t mean you can’t rise above that.
What she did is ok because it's in the past? Am I reading this wrong?

highrider

Banned
What she did is ok because it's in the past? Am I reading this wrong?

Not sure how you could possibly read it that way. I opened my statement by saying it was a low life thing to do. I am however saying that people are capable of doing far worse things and becoming better. Robert Downey Jr. was an incorrigible drug addict with all kinds of charges including carying weapons, in and out of jail and rehab. Look at him now. But then, I’m a reformed criminal myself.

Zog

Banned
Not sure how you could possibly read it that way. I opened my statement by saying it was a low life thing to do.

Here's why I read it that way:

Yeah I mean it’s definitely a low life move. Hopefully she’s a better person now.

To me this reads like 'Yeah, that was wrong but hopefully we can move on if she's better now'. What Bill Cosby did was a low life move too but I'll bet you aren't so forgiving.

Last edited:

Manus

But hey guys remember Louis C.K? Yeah his career needs to be over but not Cardi's, she's black and it's okay.

Last edited:

Helios

The most interesting thing about this (in general -- not this community in particular) is there seem to be many people who listen to her [genre of] music and don't turn their heads the same way when they hear things like this. It's coming from the same mouth...
I think the fact that drugging people is often being associated with rape is why people are so vocal about this. Her response to this also says that "the men I spoke about in my live were men that I dated that I was involved with men that were conscious willing and aware." which just comes off as bullshit.
I think the outrage if this was a man drugging females would also be much, much bigger.

Last edited:

highrider

Banned
Here's why I read it that way:

To me this reads like 'Yeah, that was wrong but hopefully we can move on if she's better now'. What Bill Cosby did was a low life move too but I'll bet you aren't so forgiving.

You’re looking pretty hard and casting aspersions that are not only wrong, but pretty stupid. I get that every response is pretty much, if a white guy said that it would be all over, and I’m not disputing that, and because I haven’t fallen in lock step with that I’m apparently some white night for ex-stripper/rappers. Calm down dude. Watch Vlad TV, it’s pretty much rappers taliking about all the criminal acts they used to do.

Last edited:

Wings 嫩翼翻せ

so it's not nice
I think the fact that drugging people is often being associated with rape is why people are so vocal about this. Her response to this also says that "the men I spoke about in my live were men that I dated that I was involved with men that were conscious willing and aware." which just comes off as bullshit.
I think the outrage if this was a man drugging females would also be much, much bigger.

Makes sense. I didn't think of it that much I guess.

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
She's got the double diversity pass, she'll probably win a bravery award.

Damn are yall mad that she isn't going to jail or something? The hell?

But hey guys remember Louis C.K? Yeah his career needs to be over but not Cardi's, she's black and it's okay.

OH! So this is a bunch on white dudes just mad that a woman of color is getting rich, but also admitted crimes in her past. Damn yall salty. :messenger_tears_of_joy::messenger_tears_of_joy::messenger_tears_of_joy:

Last edited:

LMJ

Well to be fair mckmas8808 mckmas8808 , she admitted to drugging, and theft...

If the shoe was on the other foot regardless of color(AKA a Male celeb) preeeety sure there would be a media circus here as of those crimes are pretty awful...

I would wager most poster's issue isn't the theft (who hasn't broken the law, but the other two crimes, her race shouldn't matter, she should be held accountable!

Quit feigning ignorance pal, you're smart enough to recognize this:messenger_grinning_sweat::messenger_grinning_sweat::messenger_grinning_sweat:

Last edited:

RedVIper

Banned

OH! So this is a bunch on white dudes just mad that a woman of color is getting rich, but also admitted crimes in her past. Damn yall salty. :messenger_tears_of_joy::messenger_tears_of_joy::messenger_tears_of_joy:

Yeah, that's the problem here, that's she is black. That's what everybody has a problem with.

Not that she says she drugged men and stole, that part is ok.

mckmas8808

Well to be fair mckmas8808 mckmas8808 , she admitted to drugging, raping, and theft...

If the shoe was on the other foot regardless of color(AKA a Male celeb) preeeety sure there would be a media circus here as two of those crimes are pretty awful...

I would wager most poster's issue isn't the theft (who hasn't broken the law, but the other two crimes, her race shouldn't matter, she should be held accountable!

Quit feigning ignorance pal, you're smart enough to recognize this:messenger_grinning_sweat::messenger_grinning_sweat::messenger_grinning_sweat:

I never saw where she said she "raped" them. Only drugged and robbed.

But my comments are more targeted at the ones saying that she's getting let off the hook because of some double bias (woman and black/brown). As if women of color don't get arrested or get hit on Twitter by people that others call the "PC crowd".

Yeah, that's the problem here, that's she is black. That's what everybody has a problem with.

Not that she says she drugged men and stole, that part is ok.

So at this point, what exactly do you want to happen?

Last edited:

LMJ

I never saw where she said she "raped" them. Only drugged and robbed.

But my comments are more targeted at the ones saying that she's getting let off the hook because of some double bias (woman and black/brown). As if women of color don't get arrested or get hit on Twitter by people that others call the "PC crowd".

So at this point, what exactly do you want to happen?

My fault I confused this with another story I was currently reading(changed my post) and while sex was still implied, she never admitted to rape, an important distinction.

Still I think the crimes are pretty awful, and again they do have a point if this were a Male celebrity it wouldn't be so quiet...hypocrisy in action...

As for what should happen? How about being held accountable to the same scrutiny by the media that a man would, no legal pursuit unless guys start coming forth, but she admitted she committed crimes, how about somthing besides hand waving by the press?

Again nobody here is asking for a lynch mob, but expressing their disgust, anger, bemusement, or in your case indifference to her actions...so what?

Last edited:

crowbrow

Banned
My fault I confused this with another story I was currently reading(changed my post) and while sex was still implied, she never admitted to rape, an important distinction.

Still I think the crimes are pretty awful, and again they do have a point if this were a Male celebrity it wouldn't be so quiet...hypocrisy in action...

As for what should happen? How about being held accountable to the same scrutiny by the media that a man would, no legal pursuit unless guys start coming forth, but she admitted she committed crimes, how about somthing besides hand waving by the press?

Again nobody here is asking for a lynch mob, but expressing their disgust, anger, bemusement, or in your case indifference to her actions...so what?
Well the guy who came forward saying he was her victim said that when he gained consciousness there was an used condom so I guess that could be considered rape if the guy had sex with her under the influence of drugs and he doesn't remember.

Tesseract

Banned
a real life black widow is pretty bad ass tbh, although she wasn't posing as a prostitute so it's pretty fucked up

mckmas8808

I've seen a number of people in media speaking about this. The gender dynamics are so dumb, that it's honestly hard for some people to process how they should feel about this. Like someone said earlier, some men won't come forward just to the embarrasment of being robbed by a lady. Then some other dudes may want to "brag" about it.

Plus many of those other dudes had like 10+ women saying something happened to them by the same guy. If 8 guys come out with their stories on Cardi, TMZ, CBS, NBC, and others will talk about it more.

ph33rknot

Banned
I originally said this... (but I honestly am not that invested, it is too comical).

How can they deny what that ratchet ass hoe admitted to herself?

Retardation, has to be.
was drunk
That's what I'm saying. Bet her nose weighs 2 lbs. I know that's mean but fuck it, I'm not down with some chick drugging and ganking a dude. Asking for sex or asking to come back to the hotel for a drink, in my book, is not enough to warrant getting drugged and having your shit robbed. Her justification was that some of these dudes (maybe all of them) had girlfriends and wives and they were trying to cheat so she thought she was giving them the middle finger by giving them some karma. Like she's Robin Hoodrat or some shit. Plus, there was a tweet I saw where a dude claimed to be someone she did this to and he alleged that he woke up with a used condom lying on the floor along with $850, an iPod Touch, and his expensive belt missing. If she was out there raping dudes after knocking them out, that's even more fucked up. Don't know whether that story/tweet was fake though.
don't care about hose

i ain't white but i believe people should be responsible for their actions

mckmas8808

i ain't white but i believe people should be responsible for their actions

She probably could be if someone came forward with actual evidence that she did this to them. But as for now, many people in entertainment have admitted to doing criminal stuff earlier in their lives. Usually, the statute of limitations keeps them safe from being charged with those crimes.

And her saying this on IG Live is such a stupid idea. Ranting about it in that way looks unprofessional and sloppy. She should have wrote about it in a book or talked about it in a chilled out interview to explain the situation and publically apologize for it and move on. The setting was terrible. She has to learn, she can't and shouldn't use Social Media for everything.

NickFire

She probably could be if someone came forward with actual evidence that she did this to them. But as for now, many people in entertainment have admitted to doing criminal stuff earlier in their lives. Usually, the statute of limitations keeps them safe from being charged with those crimes.

And her saying this on IG Live is such a stupid idea. Ranting about it in that way looks unprofessional and sloppy. She should have wrote about it in a book or talked about it in a chilled out interview to explain the situation and publically apologize for it and move on. The setting was terrible. She has to learn, she can't and shouldn't use Social Media for everything.
I like her as a performer, but I can certainly understand people being upset over what seems to be a double standard because she's a woman. If a male performer publicly stated that a few years ago he was taking people to a hotel and secretly drugging them, he'd most likely be dropped from his label and all endorsement deals in a split second. She went even further then drugged them, and admitted to robbing them after. That's pretty messed up.

I do not think her skin color has anything to do with the lack of consequences though.

Top Bottom