• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Christianity [OT] The Word became flesh and dwelt among us

There was a householder who had every possible thing,
be it son or slave or cattle or dog or pig or wheat
or barley or chaff or grass or castor oil or meat or acorn.

He was sensible and knew what each one’s food was.

He served children bread and meat.

He served slaves castor oil and meal.

He threw barley and chaff and grass to the cattle.

He threw bones to the dogs,
and to pigs he threw acorns and scraps of bread.

Compare the student of god.

If you are sensible, you understand the nature of learning.

Bodily forms will not deceive you,
since you will look at the condition of each person’s soul
and speak with that form.

There are many animals on earth in human form.

When you identify them,
then you throw acorns to swine,
barley and chaff and grass to cattle,
and bones to the dogs.

To slaves you will give only what is preliminary,
but to children you give what is complete.

Either someone will be in this world
or in the resurrection or in the middle place.

God forbid that I be found in the middle!
In this world there is good and evil.

Its good is not good, and evil not evil.

But there is evil after this world
that is truly evil—which is called the middle.

The middle is death.

While we are in this world it is best to acquire resurrection
for ourselves
so when we strip off the flesh we may rest
and not walk in the middle.

Many go astray on the way.

Dice

To slaves you will give only what is preliminary,
but to children you give what is complete.
This is esotericism. Pretty much the foundational attitude of every major heresy and cult that ever came about. The post after it is straight up gnosticism which is condemned in scripture.

Dice

Condemned by the Catholic Church.
Condemned by the first apostles Christ hand-picked himself. It is one of the earliest heresies the Church ever faced. If you are going to study these heresies, at least also study all the ways they were thoroughly refuted.

Dice

So the story goes. How’s it go? He who controls the past controls the future? 🙄
Yes. His name is Jesus. And he instituted a Church to carry on what he started.

Merely claiming association with the title of "Christ" devoid of any of its substance does not mean that you are Christian. That is like seeing a projected image of a platform and saying you stand on it, and that it was never meant to be a platform and is rather a cloud. That is what you are doing in not only contradicting those whom Christ appointed, but even yourself in the nebulous grab-bag of whatever random teachings you continue to advocate with no respect even to their own differing origins, presuppositions, principles, or conclusions. It is completely irrational and whatever you think it is that you are calling others to is, in actuality, impossible to follow because it does not contain a path to itself in order to even be an alternative.

Those who were first called Christians obeyed the tradition handed on by the apostolic succession.

This is what those apostles spoke in regard to Gnostics:
1 Timothy 6:20-21
O Timothy, guard what has been entrusted to you. Avoid profane babbling and the absurdities of so-called knowledge. By professing it, some people have deviated from the faith.
Grace be with all of you.

Titus 3:10-11
After a first and second warning, break off contact with a heretic, realizing that such a person is perverted and sinful and stands self-condemned.

2 John 1:9-11
Anyone who is so “progressive” as not to remain in the teaching of the Christ does not have God; whoever remains in the teaching has the Father and the Son. If anyone comes to you and does not bring this doctrine, do not receive him in your house or even greet him; for whoever greets him shares in his evil works.
That is how serious it was. Since it has been thoroughly refuted and condemned by the Church and most rightfully reject it, it is not the danger it once was, but it is still serious.

Last edited:
there is no proof that they were speaking of the Gnostics as in all the texts I’ve read it speaks of Christ as the Son of God. It doesn’t deviate from that. It seems they believe just as I do. That it was the spirit of Christ in a body born of Mary and that Christ and God did work through that body. If anything it’s the Catholics that bring false doctrine as you teach Christ is God. He’s not. He’s God’s son who does the will of God and was made heir to heaven by his Father.

Dice

there is no proof that they were speaking of the Gnostics
The 1 Timothy passage is explicitly referring to it by their own self-declared name for the movement in the Greek. It was translated into English as "knowledge" as a simplification for modern readers who will most-likely never encounter it outside of the occasional person such as yourself, but can otherwise access plenty of historical background to understand the reference. There is only "no proof" if you ignore all historical documents that dealt with the movement over three centuries, which apparently you do... except for the Gnostic ones.

You have self-identified with the heretical sect you ascribe to (while not even studying it enough to yet know what they concluded or how they arrived to it) and I will not argue with you under some false pretense that it is Christianity in any valid sense whatsoever. You have decided to willfully ignore anything that contradicts you, claiming that it is falsehood purely on the basis that you do not like it. You refuse to subject yourself to logical consistency even within your own claims, and until you learn at least that skill, you will have no capacity to acknowledge the relation of evidences to reality.

VAL0R

Banned
You put a Virgin Mary over a Virgin Jesus. I’m good.

Catholics honor and revere Mary, but fully recognize that she is merely a creature. However, Christ Jesus is God Almighty and God alone is worthy of what Catholics call "latria," or supreme worship. The God-Man Jesus is infinitely more worthy than Mary, or any other creature, of honor and glory.

It's sad how you all of all people rebuke us for supposedly exalting a creature to the status of Christ, when we acknowledge the divinity of Christ and you dishonor him by blasphemously claiming he is a mere contingent, created being.

Last edited:
Merely a creature? Would you call an ant or a rodent the mother of God? You guys are truly off your rocker. I really don’t believe the Catholic Church has the Holy Spirit. It has the spirit of Error. It is a false church that preaches doctrines of demons. The Church™️ Failed at conquering this land with its lies. Get over it.

Last edited:

VAL0R

Banned
Merely a creature? Would you call an ant or a rodent the mother of God? You guys are truly off your rocker. I really don’t believe the Catholic Church has the Holy Spirit. It has the spirit of Error. It is a false church that preaches doctrines of demons.

Theologians call angels and humans and all created beings "creatures," distinguishing them from the Creator. You talk way beyond your knowledge and you reveal your ignorance. Then you make absurd logical leaps amid your accusations. Would I call a rodent the mother of God? What kind of moronic question is that and how on earth does that follow from what I said? Responding to your first foolish comment was a waste of time that only lead to another, perhaps more foolish one. I'll just shake the dust off my feet for today and move along.

Airola

Merely a creature? Would you call an ant or a rodent the mother of God? You guys are truly off your rocker. I really don’t believe the Catholic Church has the Holy Spirit. It has the spirit of Error. It is a false church that preaches doctrines of demons. The Church™️ Failed at conquering this land with its lies. Get over it.

Here it clearly shows that again you don't know what you are talking about, yet make terrible assumptions based on things you don't understand.

You don't understand what people mean by "The Mother of God."

They don't mean there is some kind of a mother of all mothers who has given birth to God. They mean that she gave birth to God in this world. Quite like any mother can be said to be a mother of a soul. It wouldn't mean that they would have given birth to a soul in a spiritual sense but that through them a soul has appeared on this planet in a human vessel.

Mary is the mother of God in a sense that she gave birth to Jesus who is also seen as being a God. She delivered God to this physical world. God came to this world in a physical form through her. As she gave delivered him, in other words gave birth to him, she is the mother of God.

It's not as if without Mary God wouldn't exist. It's not that without Mary Jesus wouldn't have existed. But the fact is that she happened to give birth to Jesus. If Jesus is also God, then she gave birth to God in our physical reality.

Away with you, Satan.

You really can be quite an arrogant person to deal with.

Last edited:

Airola

Yeah I've been hearing loud and clear how you claim to be the one who understands the Holy Spirit and how others don't. If that isn't arrogance I don't know what is.

115965_triumphofchristianity_83.jpg

(Gustave Dore, Triumph of Christianity)

At this point we intend to make a few remarks concerning the arts and things whose authors we utterly detest in their very names. We know that the names of dead men are nothing, even as their images are nothing. But we are not unaware of the identity of those who are at work behind those displayed names and images, who exult in the homage paid to them and pretend to be divine, namely, the evil spirits, the demons.

We see then, also, that the arts are consecrated to the honor of those who appropriate the names of the inventors of those arts, and that they are not free from the taint of idolatry when their inventors for that very reason are considered gods.

Even more, as far as the arts are concerned, we ought to have gone further back and take exception to all further arguments, on the ground that the demons, from the very beginning looking out for themselves contrived, along with the other foul practices of idolatry, also those of the shows in order to turn man from the Lord and bind him to their glorification, and gave inspiration to men of genius in these particular arts.

For no one else but the demons would have contrived what was going to redound to their advantage, nor would they have produced the arts at that time through the agency of anyone except those very men in whose names and images and fables they accomplished the fraud of consecration which would work out to their advantage. To follow our plan, let us now begin the treatment of the contests (agones).

Dice

Continuing to quote Tertullian out of context from the work in which the words were contained in an attempt to prove your own views which are completely divergent from his own is only demonstrating your ignorance again and again.

Dice

You interpret something incredibly vaguely, and then conclude by that wide cast that it "fits" something you don't like, while ignoring all contradictions in the rest of reality, your own beliefs, and those of the author that such a wide view would result in. This shows that you do not understand how logic and rationality work. Furthermore, your purpose in quoting it in the first place is under the pretense of appealing to something more authoritative than yourself, yet in taking a stance that the authority is not held in the author's intended meaning but rather the words themselves, and not the most apparent meaning of the words in their given context but some twisted form, you are taking the position that the true meaning of the words being appealed to is a secret being disclosed by you.

The basis of this is a notion that apparently the Holy Spirit occasionally reveals truth through any random text written by anyone you like, and anyone can hear the Holy Spirit saying these things through them, but that all except you are suppressing it or being tricked by demons, to which you apparently consider yourself invulnerable given your attitude. This is de facto attempting to equate the authority of your word with the authority of the Holy Spirit, something for which you condemn the Church. Yet the Church has validity as the institution Christ established himself, proven by the miraculous works and holy leadership and steadfast teaching of the apostles, and does not see this authority as being at the command of any man's whim or personal interpretation, even the Pope. Meanwhile, you are an individual using such a claim to arrogantly stir up trouble and continually mischaracterize and slander others and their beliefs.

You use scripture to vaguely interpret that Christ is God even though Christ himself refers to himself as the Son and the scriptures that denote a clear Father/Son relationship far outweigh the vague. 🙄 You have Christ being baptized, the voice of the Father saying Christ is the Son and the Holy Spirit flapping around as a dove yet you’re still too misguided to understand the simple. I could write something and give credit to the Holy Spirit for that understanding and say it was inspired by God. The church you hold so much faith in is malnourished. Asking dead men to pray when you can ask the one who reigns forever for whatever you wish.

Last edited:

Dice

Yes, I see that you continue to beat that dead horse while ignoring every single resource provided to you by people here to understand why and how people know, from scripture, that Christ is God. I also see you continually ignoring the reports of all his immediate followers and the disciples they directly taught and approved of because instead of using reason to determine who was correct back then, you chose to simply affiliate outside of reason and block out all contradiction. Your avoidance is not sly and does not strengthen your position, but only your foolhardy confidence in it.

The horse is alive and well and no, I don’t need to rely on corrupt resources. Men don’t need a church to seek God. The church needs men to keep those coffers full. Something about needles and camels 🤷🏾‍♂️

Oh people accept it. People know in their hearts what’s true They’re just afraid to question The Church™️ Fear doesn’t come from God though. I continue posting in the thread because as I’ve said it’s the Christianity OT not the Catholic one.

Last edited:

Dice

Absolutely absurd. There is no point in being here if it is only ever going to be you repeating the same self-declared willfully ignorant nonsense on every page. You have made no case whatsoever to establish your trash as any Christianity at all.

😂 that’s hilarious. Does scripture not prove scripture?

Iron scepter
“A great sign appeared in heaven: a woman clothed with the sun, with the moon under her feet and a crown of twelve stars on her head. She was pregnant and cried out in pain as she was about to give birth. Then another sign appeared in heaven: an enormous red dragon with seven heads and ten horns and seven crowns on its heads. Its tail swept a third of the stars out of the sky and flung them to the earth. The dragon stood in front of the woman who was about to give birth, so that it might devour her child the moment he was born. She gave birth to a son, a male child, who “will rule all the nations with an iron scepter.” And her child was snatched up to God and to his throne.”

Revelation 12:1-5 NIV

“The One enthroned in heaven laughs; the Lord scoffs at them. He rebukes them in his anger and terrifies them in his wrath, saying, “I have installed my king on Zion, my holy mountain.” I will proclaim the LORD’s decree: He said to me, “You are my son; today I have become your father. Ask me, and I will make the nations your inheritance, the ends of the earth your possession. You will break them with a rod of iron; you will dash them to pieces like pottery.” Therefore, you kings, be wise; be warned, you rulers of the earth.”

Psalm 2:4-10 NIV

“To the one who is victorious and does my will to the end, I will give authority over the nations— that one ‘will rule them with an iron scepter and will dash them to pieces like pottery’ —just as I have received authority from my Father.”

Revelation 2:26-27 NIV

“I saw heaven standing open and there before me was a white horse, whose rider is called Faithful and True. With justice he judges and wages war. His eyes are like blazing fire, and on his head are many crowns. He has a name written on him that no one knows but he himself. He is dressed in a robe dipped in blood, and his name is the Word of God. The armies of heaven were following him, riding on white horses and dressed in fine linen, white and clean. Coming out of his mouth is a sharp sword with which to strike down the nations. “He will rule them with an iron scepter.” He treads the winepress of the fury of the wrath of God Almighty. On his robe and on his thigh he has this name written: king of kings and lord of lords.”

Revelation 19:11-16

“Jesus answered, “And why do you disobey God's command and follow your own teaching? For God said, ‘Respect your father and your mother,’ and ‘If you curse your father or your mother, you are to be put to death.’ But you teach that if people have something they could use to help their father or mother, but say, ‘This belongs to God,’ they do not need to honor their father. In this way you disregard God's command, in order to follow your own teaching. You hypocrites! How right Isaiah was when he prophesied about you! ‘These people, says God, honor me with their words, but their heart is really far away from me. It is no use for them to worship me, because they teach human rules as though they were my laws!’””

Matthew 15:3-9 GNTD

Dice

You claim to be going by scripture yet you quote select passages vague enough for you to misinterpret while ignoring every resource that shows where and how in scripture we learn Christ is God. You say they are “corrupted” without even looking at them or what in scripture they are there to show you. You thus do not regard scripture, but only what ways you can use some portions of it removed from context of the rest to make your personal claims. The cowardice of your avoidance and smokescreening is plain to see.

Uhhh, those sources are using their own interpretation. The scripture I just showed you interprets itself across more than a few passages save the last one which is a different matter, yet you still dont understand. I’ll ask plainly. Who gave Christ the scepter and who does Christ call the One who gave it to him?

Last edited:

Dice

How about you deal with what was presented to you pages ago in regard to Christ being God and maybe then I'll find a reason to trust that you won't again casually blow off any further answers.

Ephesians 4:11-16
And he gave some as apostles, others as prophets, others as evangelists, others as pastors and teachers, to equip the holy ones for the work of ministry, for building up the body of Christ, until we all attain to the unity of faith and knowledge of the Son of God, to mature manhood, to the extent of the full stature of Christ, so that we may no longer be infants, tossed by waves and swept along by every wind of teaching arising from human trickery, from their cunning in the interests of deceitful scheming. Rather, living the truth in love, we should grow in every way into him who is the head, Christ, from whom the whole body, joined and held together by every supporting ligament, with the proper functioning of each part, brings about the body’s growth and builds itself up in love.

1 Corinthians 12:14-21
Now the body is not a single part, but many. If a foot should say, “Because I am not a hand I do not belong to the body,” it does not for this reason belong any less to the body. Or if an ear should say, “Because I am not an eye I do not belong to the body,” it does not for this reason belong any less to the body. If the whole body were an eye, where would the hearing be? If the whole body were hearing, where would the sense of smell be? But as it is, God placed the parts, each one of them, in the body as he intended. If they were all one part, where would the body be? But as it is, there are many parts, yet one body. The eye cannot say to the hand, “I do not need you,” nor again the head to the feet, “I do not need you.”

1 Peter 5:1-8
Now as an elder myself and a witness of the sufferings of Christ, as well as one who shares in the glory to be revealed, I exhort the elders among you to tend the flock of God that is in your charge, exercising the oversight, not under compulsion but willingly, as God would have you do it—not for sordid gain but eagerly. Do not lord it over those in your charge, but be examples to the flock. And when the chief shepherd appears, you will win the crown of glory that never fades away. In the same way, you who are younger must accept the authority of the elders. And all of you must clothe yourselves with humility in your dealings with one another, for
“God opposes the proud,
but gives grace to the humble.”
Humble yourselves therefore under the mighty hand of God, so that he may exalt you in due time. Cast all your anxiety on him, because he cares for you. Discipline yourselves, keep alert. Like a roaring lion your adversary the devil prowls around, looking for someone to devour.

Hebrews 10:25
We should not stay away from our assembly, as is the custom of some, but encourage one another, and this all the more as you see the day drawing near.
Tell me, where are your leaders? The ones gifted, appointed, and trained to keep you in unity of faith with others, kept from being tossed about by false doctrine? Where are those other members you are united with, those whom you cannot say you do not need? Who is the one watching over you so Satan does not snatch you away? Whose authority you accept? What is the assembly you encourage and are encouraged by?

You give me scripture that says Christ is the Son of God and of course he’d be the head if he was given all authority by his Father so I’m not sure what you want me to do with that other than misinterpret it with doctrine that I don’t accept. The Holy Spirit is watching over me along with many angels and the one who’s authority I accept is Christ’s as he’s my King. My leaders are wisdom and understanding and the ones who I’m united with I’m united with in spirit that transcends this fallen world we dwell in.

Dice

1 John 2:18-19
Children, it is the last hour; and just as you heard that the antichrist was coming, so now many antichrists have appeared. Thus we know this is the last hour. They went out from us, but they were not really of our number; if they had been, they would have remained with us. Their desertion shows that none of them was of our number.
Goodbye.

That’s your people not mine. You don’t see me denying Christ as the Son of God🤷🏾‍♂️👋🏽

“Who is a liar but he who denies that Jesus is the Christ? He is antichrist who denies the Father and the Son. Whoever denies the Son does not have the Father either; he who acknowledges the Son has the Father also.”
‭‭I John‬ ‭2:22-23‬ ‭NKJV‬‬

My God has a Son. Yours doesn’t apparently since he’s one in the same.

Last edited:

Dice

Always have to throw in one last slander, huh? I doubt you've even been baptized.

You have proven incapable of doing anything but spout poison and misrepresentation of others in attempt to justify yourself in self-appointed arrogance. I'm blocking you and advise that everyone else to do so as well.

Goodbye.

Edit - To clarify against anyone possibly misunderstanding: One should forgive others for slanders and not judge them even for heresies, and also pray for them, yet at the same time, as scriptures I posted earlier show, we are told to stay away from such persistent troublemakers. That is all I am advocating.

Last edited:

appaws

Banned
This thread cannot move forward in discussion of any topics of interest or debate to orthodox Christians as long as every single post is diverted into a "discussion" of heretical nonsense.

I have never blocked anyone before, because I think anyone can contribute something of value, even the occasional non-believer who drops in gives us a chance to practice apologia. But this particular poster is so relentlessly obnoxious that it may be time.

The doctrine you follow is the heretical doctrine. I can point to scripture just fine when making my case, Catholicism can’t for any of its practices nor can it for explaining how Christ is God outside of misinterpreted scripture and forced views.

“For there is one God and one Mediator between God and men, the Man Christ Jesus, who gave Himself a ransom for all, to be testified in due time, for which I was appointed a preacher and an apostle—I am speaking the truth in Christ and not lying— a teacher of the Gentiles in faith and truth.”
‭‭I Timothy‬ ‭2:5-7‬ ‭NKJV‬‬

Is God a man? No.

Last edited:

Dice

The trouble isn’t even persistence but the total disregard of logic both conceptual and linguistic. If one is willing to make up hamfisted excuses for John 1:1 then there is no limit for them. You could bring up John 8:58, John 10:30, John 20:28, 1 Timothy 3:16, Hebrews 1:8-9, Titus 2:13, 2 Peter 1:1, etc, etc. But you know there will just be more monstrous distortions of grammatical rules to get around it and so you’d have to go to the original language which will be even more technical and if you can’t even follow English that is not going to help.

The fact is, if you see the entire OT where there is only the Lord God, then see Jesus is called Lord, that should be enough. There are dozens of other attributes named exclusive to God that are of Jesus, but if one turns around and says it is in reference to a unity of purpose but not of being, or those are truly only of God but they are being handed to some divine eternal being God made, there is no helping that person. They have decided to make differences without distinctions, and so they will consider a separation where it is convenient and consider a unity where it is convenient, throwing all logic, language, and marks of exclusivity under the bus.

And yes, it will always throw this thread under the bus as well. Even if we ignore it, the posts will be there for others. I do not think it is good to provide opportunities for such heretical broadcasts and I think that is why we are told to stay away. This is a forum, not a Christian church where discipline could be effected, so unfortunately it appears that the thread is ruined so long as he persists.

Last edited:
You ever notice LORD is capitalized in the Old Testament but lowercase in the new? God was all man had in the Old Testament. The uncapped Lord was used for Christ being the Sheppard as a lord is not a god. And thanks for not blocking me. Means something. I’ll say this. One of us is wrong. If I’m wrong I have no problem being corrected as I want to be led to God. I seek the kingdom in my heart as I’m sure you do as well. Perhaps understanding isn’t something you get overnight. This came to mind this morning. Would it be proper to have statues of Moses or Abraham? Or better yet why don’t we consider them saints? If the gospel is about Christ and Christ alone then what’s the need for anyone else? I could spread the gospel all day long but would never want to be remembered for anything but doing such nor would I want to be raised above the ones who I shared the gospel with as the gospel isn’t about me but Christ. Christ dwelt among us as a regular person. Even though he had the power of God and the heavens at his disposal, he still walked as one of us and never put himself above anyone.

I’d like to share one of my favorite passages from scripture

“This they said, testing Him, that they might have something of which to accuse Him. But Jesus stooped down and wrote on the ground with His finger, as though He did not hear. So when they continued asking Him, He raised Himself up and said to them, “He who is without sin among you, let him throw a stone at her first.” And again He stooped down and wrote on the ground. Then those who heard it, being convicted by their conscience, went out one by one, beginning with the oldest even to the last. And Jesus was left alone, and the woman standing in the midst.”
‭‭John‬ ‭8:6-9‬ ‭NKJV‬‬

Christ was God as in he is the grace of God. He is the Love of God. He is the patience of God. He is the truth of God. He is the light of God. He is all of the things His Father is and he walked in the will of His Father demonstrating all of those things perfectly when he was here. This is what he meant by because you’ve seen me you’ve seen the Father.

Last edited:

Bolivar687

Banned
The doctrine you follow is the heretical doctrine. I can point to scripture just fine when making my case, Catholicism can’t for any of its practices nor can it for explaining how Christ is God outside of misinterpreted scripture and forced views.

“For there is one God and one Mediator between God and men, the Man Christ Jesus, who gave Himself a ransom for all, to be testified in due time, for which I was appointed a preacher and an apostle—I am speaking the truth in Christ and not lying— a teacher of the Gentiles in faith and truth.”

‭‭I Timothy‬ ‭2:5-7‬ ‭NKJV‬‬

Is God a man? No.
Ang, this is bad faith - Paul clearly believed in Jesus' preincarnate divinity and this is not up for debate. You still have not been able to move past "the Word was God" or Jesus saying "I AM." You rely on quoting other passages also showing he was a person without ever explaining to us why you think these things are mutually exclusive. Your citations are not only coextensive with what the rest of scripture says but, taken together, is merely reciting what is the most widely accepted understanding of Christology - fully human, fully divine.

I'm reaching the point where I'm no longer sure you actually believe the things you're writing. When I see your name next to every other post page after page, sometimes up to four in a row, this looks like textbook thread derailing. We really need to move beyond these debates because you just aren't changing anyone's minds when your views are so far beyond mainstream Christianity and the academic scholarly consensus.

I may have missed it but I don't think you ever answered this question for us: are you a Black Hebrew Israelite?

Last edited:

J-Rod

Everyone who quotes the scripture about the adulterer and Jesus always conveniently leaves out the last part of it. Coincidentally, including it here wouldn’t help your argument.

Ehh actually it would.

“When Jesus had raised Himself up and saw no one but the woman, He said to her, “Woman, where are those accusers of yours? Has no one condemned you?” She said, “No one, Lord.” And Jesus said to her, “Neither do I condemn you; go and sin no more.” Then Jesus spoke to them again, saying, “I am the light of the world. He who follows Me shall not walk in darkness, but have the light of life.””
‭‭John‬ ‭8:10-12‬ ‭NKJV‬‬

Did I not also say he was the light of God?

Why would the son of God not also be divine? The crucifixion has no merit if just a man died. The Romans crucified 1000s of people for years.

I’m not saying he’s not divine, I’m saying he wasn’t God himself. He’s the Son of God. Isn’t that the whole gospel? The fact that God sent his son here? Ok here’s another question. We can all agree that Christ was here during creation. Who gave Moses the commandments? Was it God or was it Christ?

J-Rod

Was it God or was it Christ?

Both are one in the same.

1 John ch 5
“For there are three that bear record in heaven, the Father, the Word, and the Holy Ghost: and these three are one.

One God, three distinct persons. Christ makes up one part of the godhead along with the Father and the Holy Ghost.

Still don’t understand how that could be? Maybe you can ask him when you get there. All I know is the Bible clearly says it, and the Bible is my source for all Christian doctrine. You either believe it or you don’t.

Top Bottom