• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

City of Heroes roll call.

Well I may return to Pinnicle for a little I'll come back when the SG is up.

I like victory cause it has less lag then Pinnicle...A LOT less, I haven't grouped with anyone from here...talked to a few and they seemed cool but WTF is with people on Victory...a lot of know it alls that know nothing.

One guy quit the team cause no one wanted to go lvl up with them, Ya know instead of running to Ms Liberty in AP from PP and coming back he was the only healer and just left after threatening that if we don't go and do what he wants we'll be stuck with out a healer. The tank then left then everyone left cause of no tank or helaer...ya know instead of finding new members.

One guy kept telling the group they sucked and he was gettign no XP. Suggested we follow him and he got us lost in PP, then brought us to lower lvl enemies that we were fighting. He took the lead again to being us to hydras and tell us were all gonna die..over and over and over.

No one..I mean NO ONE wants to do indoor missions, just run around PP and kill skulls. No Boom Town Nothing "too hard"

Last night was fun, my friend was leading his first group, he asked me what he should get...I told him since I was loging REALLY soon try for another blaster. Another guy told me I was a Fire blaster and there was a 83 BAGILLION (yes BAgillion) of them so who cares. Funny he was a cat guy, there are more cat characters on Victory then Hulk Clones. He claimed he wasn't a cat eventhough he looked like Tigra From Tundercats, and implied I was cause I put what I saw as a monkey tail on on My character....and I'll keep it as a monkey tail till I can be a monkey in this game..damn it. Oh then I hear he went on to complain and pick aprat my friend for what he was doing wrong with his character.

Sking weaker people is a forigen concept.

The best was the group was healing/reviving/getting more people. The Helaer says "BRB" which some how ment go and get those hydras, then everyone got pissed at him for being AFK cause they were dead.

I mean I had some bad teams on Pinnicle but when you add the know it alls and whiners it kinda makes it much worse. Maybe I had a long string of bad groups...we'll see.

MrCheez

President/Creative Director of Grumpyface Studios
Hm... hopefully just bad luck? I have actually run into nothing but fairly cool people. All MMOs are filled to the brim with idiots and pricks... can be hard to avoid sometimes.

Anyway, my friends and I took all day yesterday trying to think of a Super Group name. We couldn't come up with anything, and by 3am we all wanted to go to bed... but not before having the SG done! So someone suggested "Team Love", and wa la! Our Super Group was born. =)

Here is us before, registering our SG...

teamlovebefore.jpg

From left to right: The Old Master, The Cockney Reject, Obo, and The CEO Of DOOOM.

And here is us after with our snazzy new costumes...

teamloveafter.jpg

Our team motto is: "We touch you anywhere". ;)

SyNapSe

Holy shit! LOL Your supergroup outfits should be striking fear into gang members, and zombies all throughout Paragon City! <snickers>

MrCheez

Ahaha

Now to think of some new team catch phrases. Stuff like "Feel the Love!" while we beat on the baddies. ;)

Acosta

hahahaha, you are original, that is sure.

Ok, I don't want to be leader or anything, but I will create the SG if you want.

But would like to know who is going to join and if Megatons it's the name you want.

We could call ourselves "The Xdudes of the Cell Revolution" as well ;)

MrCheez said:
Hm... hopefully just bad luck? I have actually run into nothing but fairly cool people. All MMOs are filled to the brim with idiots and pricks... can be hard to avoid sometimes.

Anyway, my friends and I took all day yesterday trying to think of a Super Group name. We couldn't come up with anything, and by 3am we all wanted to go to bed... but not before having the SG done! So someone suggested "Team Love", and wa la! Our Super Group was born. =)

Here is us before, registering our SG...

teamlovebefore.jpg

From left to right: The Old Master, The Cockney Reject, Obo, and The CEO Of DOOOM.

And here is us after with our snazzy new costumes...

teamloveafter.jpg

Our team motto is: "We touch you anywhere". ;)

LOL....

Yeah I'm hoping it's bad luck

Razoric

Banned
New content patch is currently in testing!

Additions To The The Training Room Test Server: 6/15

Welcome to City of Heroes First Feature Update!

You’ve faced and defeated Hellions, Skulls, the 5th Column, the Circle of Thorns and many, many other villains. You’ve gone from novice hero to a full-fledged scourge of evildoers. The streets of Paragon City are safer, its citizens able to pursue their lives without the overwhelming specter of crime hovering over their heads. You’ve earned a job well done and the thanks of a grateful city…but that was yesterday. Today, new threats are upon you. Today, you have to bind up your wounds, strengthen your powers and take a heroic leap—

Through the Looking Glass

Be prepared for new zones, new missions and other exciting additions. Be prepared to experience the next level of super-powered gameplay.

Through the Looking Glass Update & Patch 2.20040610.0 Notes:

2 New City Zones:

•Peregrine Island – This zone, north of Talos Island, is home to the secretive Portal Corporation. The company’s tight-lipped attitude has recently led to concerns that their fledgling technology has somehow rendered the island dimensionally unstable.

• Rikti Crash Site – In this zone, the Rikti War still rages. Join the battle and keep Earth safe from the alien invaders.

New twists to missions:

• 5th Column Prison – When you’re defeated in certain equipped 5th Column bases, you will have more to deal with than a hospital bill. The Column has learned how to override the city’s emergency teleportation network, and they have no intention of letting you go free.

• Circle of Thorns Crystal Prison – Like the 5th Column, if you are defeated in selected lairs, the Circle of Thorns will have a big surprise in store for you.

• Circle of Thorns Gate Room – The Circle has found a new method of protecting its dark secrets: the Gate Room. This room summons forth hordes of Circle Behemoths to threaten any invaders.

• Circle of Thorns Orichalchum Crystals – Magic can bring power, or magic can bring pain. These crystals have become infused with the Circle’s dark magic, and heroes will often find themselves surprised by the results.

• Tech Danger Lab – Technology can be somewhat unreliable. The only way to find out what the Tech Danger Lab holds is to experiment and observe the results.

Outdoor Mission Maps:

• The villains of Paragon City have taken the fight to the streets. Battle your foes in instanced outdoor missions within the city itself, or journey to bizarre alternate worlds and spread justice throughout the multiverse.

Contact\Mission\Story Arc Content For levels 40-50:

• The sick amusements of the Carnival of Shadows have turned deadly. Learn the source of their powers on your quest to save a single soul.

• Expose the darkness in Countess Crey’s closets and bring her secrets to light at last.

• Begin to plumb the depths of the mysterious Malta Group, with a little help from a pair of super spies.

• Nemesis: How far will the Prussian Prince of Automatons go in his bid to conquer America? Find out, and put an end to his evil plans.

• As with many new technologies, Portal Corporation’s advances involve great risks. Venture to alternate realities to keep Paragon City safe from the many hazards of the multiverse.

• Is there any hope for peace between the Rikti and Earth? Not if you don’t keep your eye on the factions that have begun to splinter Rikti society.

• The Praetorian supervillains may well be the greatest threat your fair city has ever faced. Take the battle to their home dimension to keep Paragon City safe.

Trial Room:

• Sewer Trial Room – Deep within the sewer system, something is growing. Characters between levels 38 and 40 must battle the Hydra to keep it contained – but be sure to come prepared for a long, hard fight.

Tailor:

• Now your costume can change and evolve with your hero. At 3 locations within Paragon City, you can update your outfit – for a price.

• At levels 20, 30 and 40, you can earn extra costume slots by performing tasks for Icon’s tailors. Now you can customize your look on a daily basis!

Trials:

•"The Hive" - The villains in The Hive (Hamidon, et al.) are now level 50, rather than level 40. The rewards have also been adjusted accordingly.

Balance Changes:

• Decreased the difficulty of higher level foes. Foes 4 and 5 levels higher than you are now easier. Foes 6 and 7 levels higher than you are slightly easier, but still very difficult.

• Fixed a bug that made some powers buff/heal less in an AoE if it hit a villain target (like Transfusion, Siphon Power, or Twilight Grasp) that was higher level. These powers will now buff/heal based on the casters level.

• Fixed a bug that was causing Scrapper/Regeneration/Resilience to drain a tiny bit of END every 10 seconds.

• Fixed Short Help description for Claws/Focus. It used to say it was a Melee AoE, but it is actually a Ranged Targeted power. Power did not change, only description was corrected.

• Fixed Short Help description for Storm Summoning/O2 Boost. It used to say it was a Ranged AoE, but it is actually a Ranged Targeted Ally power. Power did not change, only description was corrected.

• Fixed Short Help and long description for Energy Blast/Explosive Blast. Actual damage is Moderate, but description said it was Minor. Power did not change, only description was corrected.

• Fixed O2 Boost and Clear Mind Resistance to Sleep (it would awaken slept Allies, but it gave no resistance).

• Burn now also protects the caster from Sleep and Hold effects.

• Fixed inconsistency in the short and long help of Energy Blast/Explosive Blast (power did not change).

• Provoke now accepts Accuracy Enhancements.

• Added a Critical Hit (small % change to do double damage) to ALL Scrapper Primary attack powers. Existing scrapper powers that already had critical hit damage have a higher success chance than other powers.

• Added Resistance to Hold and Knockback to Moment of Glory (technically, this is a bug fix).

• Decreased the Accuracy BONUS of higher level villains when attacking lower level Heroes. This change effectively improved Defensive powers (buffs and Defense armors). There was a discrepancy that made Resist Damage powers more effective against higher level foes than Defense powers. This change does not change any power directly, but allows Defense powers to be more effective against higher level foes. They should be equally effective as Resist Damage powers. This change does slightly reduce a higher level Heroes ability to hit lower level villains, but it should be hardly noticed since High level Heroes are significantly more powerful than lower level villains and will still hardly miss anyway.

• Fixed a bug that allowed Slow (Slow Recharge Time) powers to increase a target's recharge time to infinity. Maximum debuff to recharge time is now 4 times normal recharge (this applies to villains and Heroes).

• Fixed a bug that allowed Debuff Damage powers to debuff a target’s damage to zero. A target’s damage can not be debuffed below 10% of its normal damage (this applies to villains and Heroes).

• There is now a MAX damage resistance of 90% for all (standard) damage types. No combination of powers or enhancements can bring your damage resistance beyond 90%. Any damage resistance beyond 90% will go towards damage resistance protection (it will protect you from getting your damage resistance debuffed).

• Increased Max possible Resistance to Speed Running, Flying and Swimming to 100% (villains and Heroes).

• Fixed Collision/Selection box of many larger villains.

Physics:

• The jump code was slightly changed to better reflect reality, to be modified by powers better, and to provide overall better gameplay.

Networking:

• Added networking code that handles client stalls better and should reduce disconnects for users with poor network connections.

New Slash Commands:

• nojumprepeat - Disables jump auto-repeat

• whereami - Tells the name of the shard/map you are on

• costume_change, cc - Change current costume

Known Issues for this Patch:

• Villains can attack through prison doors and enter your cell.

• Error when flying very fast and switching to Hover.

• Players who logged out in the Outbreak zone may find themselves in the Rikti Crash Site when they log back in.

• Ghost Falcon's mission does not load the map properly.

• After deleting a character, the keyboard does not work when you log in.

• Hydra tentacles run onto rocks and ledges.

• Able to change costumes when timer is at 15 seconds.

• When Tailoring, pressing "Reset" turns skin color to top left choice.

• Auto Turret has a Mek Man robot on it.

• Vehicles in Rikti Crash Site uses the Mek Men model.

• Dark Servant power (Player and NPC) looks like a Mek Man model.

• Malta Gunslinger animation is missing a weapon.

• Group buffs and targeted buffs show the hero’s name incorrectly in the chat window.

:(

I've been Blaster hunted...

WARNING DO NOT! DO NOT! TEAM WITH SKYYY!!

I was just in a 2 person team...I found it kinda fishy for some reason he kept telling me to hove faster and kept TPing me out of danger. Showed me the top of PP forrest, this should have been my clue. It got kinda annoying that he kept Tping me as I was about to kill a boss mob. So he aggros 2 huge mobs and Tp's me in the middle. Seriously...WTF is people's problem in victory?

PvP NON consentually needs to be in there...or the devs have to do something. It's not safe to be a blaster anymore. I read stories of high level players making teams of blasters at much lower levels. Leading them into the middle of PP where they would meet up with other non blasters teams who would aggro higer level mobs anmd train them on the blasters.

One other was people leading Devouring Earths to wear blasters were resting, after the blasters were ass raped the boradcast that "if your a blaster this is what will happen to you"

But I still haven't given up hope....even though my experieces the last few days are making baby jesus cry.

RAZ! GET OUT!!

I'm off to the Test Server!! For A little...well very little.

FYI you can copy your exsisting character to the test server

http://boards.cityofheroes.com/showflat.php?Cat=&Number=661540&page=0&view=collapsed&sb=5&o=&fpart=1

I like the Idea of the Prisons.....

Sorry I have devloped ADD and BI Polaurarity....I think

Well, I haven't had time to play much since I got the game, but I'm level 4 now. I have the first three primary fire powers and the first secondary ice power. I don't see too many ice secondary powers that will be helpful to me until build up...

JackFrost2012 said:
Why are people so opposed to blasters? Do they think they're too powerful or what?

Well form reading the boards people SAY scrappers suck and have always sucked ( I find them fun) Tahnkers were all powerfull and much hated, they got "nerfed". that leaves blasters they do great damage without being in any danger of melee attacs. So now it seems that people want blasters nerfed. It's all really stupid....REALLY Stupid. It seems a lot of people on the boards (15% of the people who play post on the boards...someone actually figured it out) find that blasters are over powered.

Like I said really stupid we're, for the most part, play WITH each other not against who cares if one guy is more powerful then another? It's not like Street Fighter or Quake where the more powerful person would excell in the game. I made a joke post where I pointed out we're super heros...if you loks at super heros there not all equal. Spiderman is differnt the Gokuh who is differnt from the Hulk who is differnt form Professor X. They all have thier strengths and their weaknesses.

Anywho I did find a good group in Steel Canyon, I was suprised when the group dwindeld down to 3 from 8, we stuck together. Lots of fun.

Acosta

Seriously, I hadn't problems like that, people has been mostly very nice and helpful, but it's true that given my hour, I don'y play always at the same hour that the momentos with more people.

I have now Recall Friend that it's incredibly helpful. Yesterady I created a group (with only controllers and defenders, because everyone was that ). We did a little of haunting in PP and there we discussed about going for Hydras. We had a nice chat about our possibilities and keep on (unfortunately I had to go).

I think that features update is gonna rock. I finally made it to level 18 and got my provoke ability. I was running around Skyway City tonight looking for Lost for a mission, and I came across some Rikti. They were at level 36, so I got the fuck out of there, but it was cool, cause I never saw them before. I also like the new mob in Steel Canyon, "The Family" Gangters in the old style zoot-suits from the 30's.

In regards to that previous post about getting on bad teams, I agree. I got on one team and all they did was run into missions and like purposely die to get Debt. I am sorry, but I dont like to have debt. Its hard enough to level up as it is. I am glad that I found a good group, and anytime I log in, I am instantly on a team that knows what they are doing.

Oh well. Cant wait for that features update.

Razoric

Banned
Did anyone make the SG yet? I was going to last night but I got too caught up in trying to level. I'm up to 11 now. :D

Acosta

Do it yourself, I will join (but only one thing, I´m not going to change my clothes, I put some work in creating my character :) )

Razoric

Banned
Gaijin To Ronin said:
Do it yourself, I will join (but only one thing, I´m not going to change my clothes, I put some work in creating my character :) )

Your outfit doesnt actually change, just the color scheme... and you can switch back at anytime. I think if/when we all group up it would be cool if we all turned on our SG outfit. :D

Tabs

Sorry I haven't been around lately, busy and all. So, we've decided on Victory. I can create a character tonight and have it up around 10 by this weekend. The question is, what do we need in the group? I'll fill in wherever needed, I've had experience with all the archetypes.

Trav said:
Sorry I haven't been around lately, busy and all. So, we've decided on Victory. I can create a character tonight and have it up around 10 by this weekend. The question is, what do we need in the group? I'll fill in wherever needed, I've had experience with all the archetypes.

Razoric - Controller
Amun (DJ Demon J) - Defender
MrCheeze - Controller

We need 1 more defender, 3 blasters, 2 tankers, 1 scrapper. A nice 10 person supergroup.

Tabs

Ah, glancing through this thread I though we had more than 3 right now :) A real life friend of mine and I are definitely in. So, looks like we need to fill in a lot. We definitely need some firepower in the short term, so I'll make either a blaster or a scrapper (likely an AoE blaster fire or ice). It'll be a while before we need a tank, otherwise I would have done that. My friend will probably do an Empathy Defender if he doesn't make a damage dealer.

I added everyone here to my friends list. Also Doc_Holliday form the old borads plays on victory...I forgoty his name again but we usally play at the same time so he's down for the SG.

Anyway...

Last night I got into the test server and played for a little. I made a test server character and didn't get out of th tutoral. One of the know bugs is if you create a character and log out in "outbreak" when you log in your in the Ritki Crash zone.

It was pretty cool. It's looks like a war zone. I got killed by an aliens who took 1270.95 hp in one hit..he was lvl 45.

As far as the costume thing goes. When you hit lvl 20 a new costume with a copy of your current costume slot opens, you do a mission for the tailor(freedom Corps except in GC) and then you can change the look of your costume. The bigger the change the more expensive. Expensive as in 30K per change to change the color and something like 300K to add ears or a tail. This is hearsay so I dunno ow true it is. The next slot opens at 30 and then 40.

I'm gonna try and keep my character around lvl 18 - 20 (If I get there) to make sure I don't pass any TF's or Tailor missions.

I really wanna try the expanded out door missions and the jail.

Acosta

Razoric - Controller
Amun (DJ Demon J) - Defender
MrCheeze - Controller

Hey, what about me? :)

Gaijin To Ronin Controller (Level 12)

I will add all to my friend lis. I have taken some pictures of Bomb City that I want to show to illustrate something about this game, will put later.

AeroGod

I reopened my account. Im on Victory.

I have 2 characters

Baron Templar -- Lvl 10 Tanker

Hurricane Cindy -- Lvl 3 Defender

Ive added you all to my friends list :D

I dunno I hope not. It still has a lot of bugs.

LAst night was fun had an awsome group and I hit lvl 12.

I also just made the bride from Kill bill. I know it's been done before on Coh but the ones I saw were like 4 ft tall and Big tittied.

Did they fix the n
'not being able to hit andythign 2 lvls above you, last night I hadno problems with hitting anything lvl 14.

I tried to fight a sorcerer in Steel...damn got my ass wooped. I'd like the costume options to be like that. They only gave us one thing that he has the stupid hat but nothing good to go with it.

aparisi2274 said:
I think the Features Update is out. I seem to be Downloading it now.

Woot!

You win the prize!

Hello Heroes!

The "Through the Looking Glass" (Features Update #1) Content is now available for download prior to being released on the live servers. So give yourself a head start!

The download will begin after you exit your play session rather than prior to entering the game, and is purely optional – you can cancel at anytime.

It’s important to note that you won’t be able to see or experience the "Through The Looking Glass" content until it has been officially released on the live servers, but receiving it ahead of time will allow you to play right away (once the content is available), instead of waiting for a large patch to download.

Remember – you can cancel the download at anytime. Your progress will be saved and you can resume downloading the content the next time you’re done playing City of Heroes.

Please visit our Features Update Page to get the full details on what's included in "Through the Looking Glass!"

wierd when I quit the game it opend it's self up again and started dling the update

YAY!

I just read it...so it's there but not there at the same time...:(

Better then the tentitve "Coming Soon"

So, supposedly there was some sort of Pool Party tonight on CoH. At least there was one on the VIRTUE Server. I was told about it by a friend on there, and she said it was listed on the boards on www.coh.com Anyway, here is a pic I took. My character is in the little pond. I never saw so many people in one place. Also, I heard there was a 600k Influence door prize. I also read that when the new features update hits, you can organize raves and shit. I think that is cool as hell.

poolparty.jpg

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
oh man...as I get bored of FFXI, COH looks cool...might grab it tomorrow. In a $$$ spending mood :D

Tabs

Ok, I finally got myself set up on Victory today. I made a couple of damage dealers that I'll have to pick from.

De-Frag: Ice/Devices Blaster (I'll likely be playing this one) &
Pollux: Spines/Regen Scrapper

I'll be on tomorrow, and I added you guys to my friends list. I'll find out my friend's new character name tomorrow and let you know.

woo hoo...about to hit 14 and be able to fly..yay! so hows the SG going?

Ok I hit lvl 14 flying is awsome! I put a 15 DO Endurance reducer on it and it's all cool

An interesting side note. I was recently the subject of blaster hunting, I was told to report the people, I did and basically according to the email I got if nothing was done as a result of my report then noting wrong was done. so it's ok to TP people into the middle of one or more aggro mobs and leave. Good to know.

Ryu

I've noticed that the Victory server carries the most hostile people who play this game. The atmosphere is very different there then on the Freedom server. How odd.

MrCheez

Man, sorry that you guys are having bad luck with the players on this server. =( I've been meeting friendly people... Send Obo a tell for some good old-fashioned friendly grouping. 8) Level 15 Gravity/Empathy Controller.

BTW, got Super Speed. Soooo fast and soooo fun!

ZOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM

MrCheez

Okay I skimmed through the thread and put together a nice big list of all the GAers on Victory (did I miss anyone?):

GA Name - Hero Name - Class (Primary/Secondary)
------------------------------------------------------------

DJ Demon J - Amun - Defender (Storm/Dark)
Gaijin To Ronin - Gaijin To Ronin - Controller (Storm/?)
GLok - Fire Child - Blaster (?/?)
Great Wasabi Man - Great WasabiMan - Blaster (Fire/Fire)
Lonestar - The Dark Forever - Scrapper (?/?)
Lonestar - Redcoat - Controller (?/?)
Lyte Edge - Kogasu - ? (?/?)
MaximusPSO - NaturalDisaster - Blaster (?/?)
MrCheez - Obo - Controller (Gravity/Empathy)
MrCheez - Obor - Tanker (Invul/Super Strength))
MrPing1000 - Edinburgh - Tanker (Invul/Super Strength)
Razoric - Razoric - Controller (Illusion/Storm)
Trav - Defrag - Blaster (Ice/Devices)
Trav - Pollux - Scrapper (Spines/Regen)
Whitechocolatespaceegg - Baron Templar - Tanker (Invulnerability/Super Strength)
Whicetchocolatespaceegg - Hurricane Cindy - Defender (Storm/Electric)

Let's start grouping people! My friends have been wanting to tackle a Task Force and we need help. 8)

MrCheez

Oh, I almost forgot!

So I'm walking around City Hall, doing normal robot things, when suddenly three girls in bikinis circle me and start doing the praise emote. They started going "mmmm sexy Obo" and "we love you Obo!" After the initial shock and awe wore off I replied with: "OMG all my dreams have come true!"

OboWorship.jpg

I love this game.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
I now have The Dark Forever (scrapper) and Redcoat (controller) on Victory. Seems pretty cool, and surprisingly high speed for a "MMORPG"

AeroGod

I only just got lvl 6, i dont know how much help id be for a task force.

Unless someone sidekicks me that is. Ill be on later tonight probably. Id like to try this out possibly

MrCheez BTW Baron Templar is a Invulnerability/Super Strength Tanker and Hurricane Cindy is a Storm Summoning/Electric Blast Defender. So you can edit that to your list.

Tabs

Ok, I was on quite a bit yesterday but only saw Razoric in the morning. I took Pollux up to 6 and De-Frag is level 8. I see we have a new list of people on Victory. I'll add everyone today.

And Razoric, wait until you get to 18, Phantom Army is very awesome. I have it on my main over on Freedom.

Razoric

Banned
Trav said:
Ok, I was on quite a bit yesterday but only saw Razoric in the morning. I took Pollux up to 6 and De-Frag is level 8. I see we have a new list of people on Victory. I'll add everyone today.

And Razoric, wait until you get to 18, Phantom Army is very awesome. I have it on my main over on Freedom.

Yeah I can't wait to get that. Right now I'm level 12 and my leveling has slowed to a crawl. Hydras just aren't cutting it. Any suggestions for a new hunting ground?

Tabs

Personally, I like to get a group of 2, 3, or 4 and do door missions, but at level 12, you should be able to level in Boomtown.

Trav said:
Personally, I like to get a group of 2, 3, or 4 and do door missions, but at level 12, you should be able to level in Boomtown.

Say what? I'm level 11 with my Energy/Energy Blaster on Pinnacle, and I'll be damned if I can level at all in Steel Canyon, let alone Boomtown! I can't wait until the patch when they bring the difficulty of enemies back to a more reasonable range.

borghe

Loves the Greater Toronto Area
well, I certainly don't know about energy/energy blaster (only took one in beta to around 9 or so), but with my ice/energy tanker I can easily solo in steel canyone at 11 and now 12.. as for Boomtown, yeah... soloing is definitely tough there even at 12 for me.. I could do it, but I better not get more than 2 yellows in a gang or I will probably died (died yesterday solo against 3 yellows and 3 whites).

Egg Shen on Justice is up to 16 now, though I rarely play him at this point.. He is turning into a group only character (Illusion/Storm Controller) and I only group with my few friends that also play. Mister Chill has been getting more of my time.. he is the Ice/Energy Tanker and almost at 13.... fun in both solo and a group....

I am a level 16 blaster/science. Named DarthMungkei on the Champion server. I find that skyway is pretty good for leveling. Lots of level 15 guys. Boomtown is pretty tough if you are only level 12. The clockworks in there are 18 and higher.

borghe

Loves the Greater Toronto Area
only in the northern section.. in the southern section by the entrance mobs are 11-15....

I should know.. I just cleared out a "kill 10 clockwork in boomtown" mission I was given at 11.. I said to myself "You've got to be kidding me... :("

MrCheez

Uh oh... I'm starting to get bored of the game =( Maybe I'm just burning myself out on it? Things have gotten really repetitive (as I feared they would).

Perhaps I just need a break. =/

firex

Would I hate this game if I'm not too fond of level grinding for the sake of level grinding and don't really like grouping? I've thought about getting it for the free month and playing around a bit, but every review I read of it sounds like all you do is kill things under the guise of quests.

Granted, that's half of what I do in WOW, but for some reason it's a lot of fun because it seems to involve more than just finding guys that give good exp and camping them.

firex said:
Granted, that's half of what I do in WOW, but for some reason it's a lot of fun because it seems to involve more than just finding guys that give good exp and camping them.

"For some reason it's a lot of fun" applies to every game. Either you like a game or you don't. Some people love the self-flagellation that is FFXI, others prefer the simplicity of CoH. Different strokes for different folks.

firex

Yeah, but do I just like log in, get a quest, kill guys and that's how you level up in the game? Or do you go do diferent quests and get exp from them? I mean realistically, a lot of WOW's quests involve killing guys - but the payoff from completing them gives an incentive, and there's more than just killing to gain levels.

Is it like that in COH or is it more like NCSoft's other games like both Lineage games?

Top Bottom