• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Clarkson's Farm

Fools idol

one of the many good things about this show is how it highlights how utterly stupid our government regulation and red tape on farmers is in the UK.

Considering we are such a wealthy and established nation, we sure make life hard for our already hard working farmers.

I still make the effort once a week to drive out to our local farm shop to buy raw butter, milk and cheese from them, as well as grass fed meats. It's all fully organic produce, which is super rare to find here now, miles better for you than mass produced GMO fed supermarket farmed meat and eggs. Those poor fuckin animals dont see the light of day in their lives, and the only food they are fed on is chemically riddled.

There is often a debate if organic and grass fed animal products are worth the money and let me tell you, once you taste the difference yourself, you will never go back. It's a bar of quality that you can't untaste. Not to mention the living conditions of the cows and chickens and pigs I can see wandering around the field by the farm too.

Last edited:

Lord Panda

The Sea is Always Right
There's Paulo in Japan, but then again that's full of clickbait and worst of all sounds like he thinks the viewers are all five-year-olds with the overdone and exaggerated enthusiasm.

He makes great content but the fake and over-the-top enthusiasm almost kills it all. Wish he would ease up on the cordial and/or cocaine. And not sure why he resorts to clickbait titles in some of his videos, when his channel is pretty successful.

Tams

He makes great content but the fake and over-the-top enthusiasm almost kills it all. Wish he would ease up on the cordial and/or cocaine. And not sure why he resorts to clickbait titles in some of his videos, when his channel is pretty successful.

I think part of the problem is his audience. There are a lot of people who like Japan who really aren't mature at all, and there's this great naivety with some of them (and I think Japan doesn't mind or even pushes a bit).

Bitmap Frogs

Mr. Community
First season was incredibly entertaining and felt like some genuine moments and reactions. Will happily watch season 2.

As a note, and I believe I mentioned this in another thread, this show proves there’s room for reality tv to expand beyond the stale and codified format that plagues television these days.

Px7WVF3.gif

Marvel14

I don't know if you like Top Gear/Grand Tour show or presenters. But one of them has made a genuinely great Farming show on Amazon Prime. Clarkson's Farm is a fish out of water show that is genuine and fun and unique. All the people on the show are amazing characters. Gerald and Caleb are real standouts with Charlie being the deliverer of real news. If you have Prime subscription do yourself a favor and watch it.

Watch Clarkson's Farm – Season 1 | Prime Video (amazon.com)

19573180-c783-11eb-8fae-3fa6354db244

It's a pity he's an arrogant, entitled, racist self serving scumbag...he's got natural talent in front of the camera.

FunkMiller

It's a pity he's an arrogant, entitled, racist self serving scumbag...he's got natural talent in front of the camera.

Alternatively… he’s an old man, used to the journalistic standards of a bygone age, who probably should have given more thought to his editorials than he did. A crime that in latter days may have required an apology and a promise to do better, but in these febrile times, requires his immediate cancellation, and hyperbolic denunciations like yours.

He’s also done more to highlight the plight of farmers, and the difficulties surrounding one of the most important industries in existence, than any other fucker… oh… and also highlighted the importance of maintaining our environment.

But old man evil for dumb words he said.

Marvel14

Alternatively… he’s an old man, used to the journalistic standards of a bygone age, who probably should have given more thought to his editorials than he did. A crime that in latter days may have required an apology and a promise to do better, but in these febrile times, requires his immediate cancellation, and hyperbolic denunciations like yours.

He’s also done more to highlight the plight of farmers, and the difficulties surrounding one of the most important industries in existence, than any other fucker… oh… and also highlighted the importance of maintaining our environment.

Yeah no...you're clearly not that familiar. It isn't just dumb words he said in a newspaper editorial once. It's a pattern of behaviour including assaulting people. If you did a bit of research you'd know.

Last edited:

Dr.D00p

Just because Resetera is full of nutcases looking to label everyone who looks at them the wrong way a scumbag worthy of their cancellation parade , doesn't mean that scumbags don't exist.

Get some fucking perspective, why don't you.

Putin is a fucking scumbag, responsible for murdering hundreds of people a day.

Clarkson is a TV personality who you can choose not to listen too or watch.

FunkMiller

Yeah no...you're clearly not that familiar. It isn't just dumb words he said in a newspaper editorial once. It's a pattern of behaviour including assaulting people. If you did a bit of research you'd know.

Yes. As stated, he’s done and said some stupid stuff (though lamping Piers Morgan should really have resulted in a knighthood).

But your vitriol towards him is vastly overblown, given the things he has said… and apologised for. And you conveniently disregard everything positive he has done during his career in your denunciation.

Marvel14

Yes. As stated, he’s done and said some stupid stuff (though lamping Piers Morgan should really have resulted in a knighthood).

But your vitriol towards him is vastly overblown, given the things he has said… and apologised for. And you conveniently disregard everything positive he has done during his career in your denunciation.

Well at least you're partially walking back your first characterization.

Thats a spot of progress. Now go back and re read my original post and you'll see that I recognise that he's a very talented presenter.

So the one "conveniently disregarding anything positive" is you.

FunkMiller

Well at least you're partially walking back your first characterization.

Thats a spot of progress. Now go back and re read my original post and you'll see that I recognise that he's a very talented presenter.

So the one "conveniently disregarding anything positive" is you.

You described him as 'an arrogant, entitled, racist self serving scumbag'.

The point is your overblown hyperbole.

winjer

Just because Resetera is full of nutcases looking to label everyone who looks at them the wrong way a scumbag worthy of their cancellation parade , doesn't mean that scumbags don't exist.

That a lot of angst you got going there.
The way you speak, you make it look like Clackson is the reincarnation of Hitler.
But the reality, is that Clackson has always been the oddball, never pandering to the political correct crowd. That's why he was always targeted by the extreme left, even during the 90´s, during the old, old Top Gear.
Yes, he got fired from the BBC for hitting a producer. Of which he admitted, took him to the hospital and apologized.
The same BBC that for years protected Jimmy Saville, despite knowing about his deviances.

And you pretend like Markle is some kind of endangered species, when in reality she is nothing more than a gold digger, that is constantly playing the race card.
And the funny thing is that she is the color of many woman in Portugal and Spain. But still, she pretends like she came from the depths of Africa.
But the woke crowd is so eager to find victims, that they eat up every non-sense she says.

Marvel14

You described him as 'an arrogant, entitled, racist self serving scumbag'.

The point is your overblown hyperbole.
Which part is overblown? Apparently according to your fellow travellers you can only characterise someone as a scumbag if they're Hitler or Putin. I respectfully disagree.

Marvel14

That a lot of angst you got going there.
The way you speak, you make it look like Clackson is the reincarnation of Hitler.
But the reality, is that Clackson has always been the oddball, never pandering to the political correct crowd. That's why he was always targeted by the extreme left, even during the 90´s, during the old, old Top Gear.
Yes, he got fired from the BBC for hitting a producer. Of which he admitted, took him to the hospital and apologized.
The same BBC that for years protected Jimmy Saville, despite knowing about his deviances.

And you pretend like Markle is some kind of endangered species, when in reality she is nothing more than a gold digger, that is constantly playing the race card.
And the funny thing is that she is the color of many woman in Portugal and Spain. But still, she pretends like she came from the depths of Africa.
But the woke crowd is so eager to find victims, that they eat up every non-sense she says.
You've written more in a single post on this then I have in 3. Not a lot of angst, just calling a spade a spade. I would think anyone with influence who writes for The Sun is a scumbag. The Sun blamed football fans for their own deaths in 1989 and have never fully apologised even when the evidence proved otherwise. The treatment of Meghan Markle is just another example of a newspaper that sells hate, intolerance and nativism. I will call it out till the cows come home. BTW I never brought her up.

Last edited:

Marvel14

Get some fucking perspective, why don't you.

Putin is a fucking scumbag, responsible for murdering hundreds of people a day.

Clarkson is a TV personality who you can choose not to listen too or watch.
You can also choose not to read or respond to an opinion you disagree with if it stirs that much inside you.

And no..you don't need to be a murderous world leader to be a scumbag.

winjer

You've written more in a single post on this then I have in 3. Not a lot of angst, just calling a spade a spade. I would think anyone with influence who writes for The Sun is a scumbag. The Sun blamed football fans for their own deaths in 1989 and have never fully apologised even when the evidence proved otherwise. The treatment of Meghan Markle is just another example of a newspaper that sells hate, intolerance and nativism. I will call it out till the cows come home. BTW I never brought her up.

You have already decided your hate towards a person that tells jokes and stupid shit.
And you are so deep into the white knight mentality, you can't even realize how dumb it is to be defending a woman that married into wealth.
And let's remember that this wealth came from exploiting people across the globe. Let us remember that the Royal family was one of the biggest actors in the Atlantic slave trade.
But she is well content on spending this money, while crying that everyone else is a racist.
The reality is that she is just an opportunistic hypocrite. And you are so deep into the woke mentality, you can't even see what it.

Marvel14

I've personally met him and spoke to him

I'm affraid you're wrong there.
I'm sure he's lovely to speak to - you can tell by the way he talks on TV that you could sit down and have a very enjoyable cuppa talking cars or farms. Plenty of people with nasty intolerant and hateful views can be. One doesn't negate the other.

Last edited:

Marvel14

You have already decided your hate towards a person that tells jokes and stupid shit.
And you are so deep into the white knight mentality, you can't even realize how dumb it is to be defending a woman that married into wealth.
And let's remember that this wealth came from exploiting people across the globe. Let us remember that the Royal family was one of the biggest actors in the Atlantic slave trade.
But she is well content on spending this money, while crying that everyone else is a racist.
The reality is that she is just an opportunistic hypocrite. And you are so deep into the woke mentality, you can't even see what it.
Are you lot OK? It seems I've brought out that the anti Meghan brigade. I never mentioned her.

winjer

Are you lot OK? It seems I've brought out that the anti Meghan brigade. I never mentioned her.

Now you are lying.
So here the post you made, referring to an article talking about the Mehgan Scandal.

And here you are talking about how the Sun was mean to Meghan.

The treatment of Meghan Markle is just another example of a newspaper that sells hate, intolerance and nativism. I will call it out till the cows come home. BTW I never brought her up.

Marvel14

I mentioned Meghan in response to someone else on here who brought her up in response to my original post which didn't mention her at all.

And the article I cited was to explain that he's a scumbag for more than his anti-Meghan editorial.

I am not lying.
Now you are lying.
So here the post you made, referring to an article talking about the Mehgan Scandal.

And here you are talking about how the Sun was mean to Meghan.

winjer

I mentioned Meghan in response to someone else on here who brought her up in response to my original post which didn't mention her at all.

And the article I cited was to explain that he's a scumbag for more than his anti-Meghan editorial.

I am not lying.

Or course you would say it's everyone else's fault.
Everyone else is a scumbag. Just not you, because you are a paramount of righteousness.

Tams

Marvel14 Marvel14 , I know the quote block doesn't work for edits, but please have some etiquette and try to only keep double posts to a couple if you forget to quote someone.

If you really want to, you can still quote block something and mention someone in an edit.

Top Bottom