• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COD Warzone - Pacific |OT?| It's Free to Play, and it's Spectacular!

This game is such a crock of shit.

crashes, anti cheat doesn’t work, horrible map.

just because it’s free doesn’t mean it should be allowed to be such a mess.

my teammate downed a player today and the game wouldn’t let him melee or shoot the player to finish him. Boy got up and killed him. He sent me the video. Was incredible.

don’t even get me started on Krampus

carlosrox

Banned
Me and a buddy were playing against some freak of nature who was able to kill both of us in split seconds and then when I finally hit the turd in the back with a stun he starts bunny hopping away and before I can get the kill he disconnects.

What a total fucking loser.

I've seen a lot of losers who disconnect while they're downed so you can't get the kill. How pathetic do you have to be to do that shit?

Ps. I cannot stand slide spamming/canceling. Can they patch that shit out? It's so fucking lame and you look like an idiot while doing it. I don't touch that shit with a 10 foot pole cuz im not a complete tryhard who needs to play like all the Streamers who use every inch to their advantage to play better. Fuck slide spamming and slide canceling. Always gotta be some lame gimmick people abuse in multi-player games isn't there?

Last edited:

carlosrox

Banned
Edited together a lengthy video of most of a Plunder round. I'm so happy they did exactly what I asked for and increased the money limit making the majority of rounds significantly longer than they were before. This problem was pretty bad even in Verdansk but it seemed much worse the first few weeks of Pacific. Now rounds are 20-30 minutes the vast majority of the time.

There's a bit of shit talking from yours truly as I won't deny some players do get under my skin when they play in ways I find annoying. So there may be a few "dork", "pussy", and "bitch" thrown in there ;) I personally find EOD and guys who knife you as soon as you're down to be annoying, and the latter feels try hard to me.

This isn't the most amazing gameplay or round, but I think it gives a small taste how hectic it can be sometimes. And this is nothing, just getting warmed up. I've had some rounds a lot crazier than this but editing with my editing software is a pain in the ass and takes more time then I'd like, plus I'm no video editor.

For the most part I've got the game running at 60fps like 95% of the time, however it does dip as low as 45fps in certain areas with lots of water or dust effects. There's a moment or two where the video skips but that's just due to the recording and not my PC performance itself. You can see when the slowdown is legitimate and when it's just video recording software acting up cuz I have the FPS counter at the top left. I don't think it dips much in this video at all. It's mostly a problem in areas with water or certain sections of the mine where I believe there's a lot of dust/smoke stuff going on. Otherwise my FPS is good around the 60 mark with minor dips.

Again, this isn't supposed to be some mind blowing video, I'll post better stuff another time, when/if I get time, but for now I just wanted to share some of the action and beauty of this game. I never take things for granted and I can't even imagine what I'd think of this game if I saw it after Goldeneye, or Medal of Honor Allied Assault or something.

Loooooove this game/map. Verdansk seems so damn simple compared to Caldera. It's still crazy to me how large and varied this map is. There's still tons I haven't seen yet. Still learning! I cannot wait for future changes.

20cent

Love Plunder games, that's the only mode I play, even better since it's trio squads again.

Too bad that many players still don't get the concept and keep camping with sniper or respawning in same area for endless gunfights...
or maybe that's why I'm so good in this mode, while they're busy shooting I land in a quiet area and open every single crates around.

carlosrox

Banned
respawning in same area for endless gunfights...

That's the funnest way to play though! And you can get lots of money that way anyway!

You can theoretically win by just hunting for chests but for me I like to get into those endless battles!

Plunder for me is much less about winning and more just being able to play and fight as much as I can in 20-30 mins.

My favorite type of Plunder round is when there's just guys dropping everywhere and things are going crazy. We enjoy patrolling an area and holding it down for as long as we can. Pushing squads holding down an area until we Wipe them is also tons of fun. Once the area cools down a lot or we get bored/need to find something else to do we move on to another area. Sometimes it's fun to also collect Bounties and travel the map in a car or chopper but that's also a risky way to get Wiped and I just prefer living a long life with lots of kills.

Last edited:

carlosrox

Banned
These fucking morons set Plunder back to 1m so we are back to like 5 min rounds. Fuck off, who wants to play these dinky little rounds?

Top Bottom