• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Come 2to buttocks. i welcom thee

Status
Not open for further replies.
You do have to wonder what MS long term strategy is with the XBone at that price point. And by that I mean being able to reduce it in the face of much cheaper competition as time goes on.

I think a Kinectless SKU is and always was a reality, as there's no way they can chop off a big chunk of the price with Kinect in there and be able to sell at the price of the PS4 without costly sacrifices. Or did they think Sony was going to do another PS3 and sell it even higher or as high as them?

I read CBOAT's post as "Microsoft will evaluate the post-launch sales to see if they have to have a Kinect-less SKU out April/May to compete with PS4" so post launch if the One is sold out and still selling like it cures cancer, MS will skip the Kinectless SKU.

c0de

I don't think what I said is so crazy.

Of course not ;)

They can use demos based in PC hardware or the previous DevKits.

Of course they could. But I think this time they will actually also show the hardware the games are played on.

If the hardware an OS features of Xone are not ready then there is no crazy in guesses about MS not using the final Xbone hardware to demo their games at Gamescom.

I think in some way the hardware is ready. Did you see the shot from the MS guy in his living-room?

What I understand from CBOAT post was that the old Xbone dev and demo machines were faster than the final version to be launched for the public but that differece will be fixed with latter software updates/optimizations like happens with every other machine.

Not sure if he meant this but yes, issues, if they are software, will get fixed.

These thuthfacts hints to a downgrade in games quality and OS features in a near term that MS didn't want to show to the public, the no stream point, while they shows the demos using old devkits, PCs or hadware that is stronger than the actual/final one.

I can't read that.

You do have to wonder what MS long term strategy is with the XBone at that price point. And by that I mean being able to reduce it in the face of much cheaper competition as time goes on.

I think a Kinectless SKU is and always was a reality, as there's no way they can chop off a big chunk of the price with Kinect in there and be able to sell at the price of the PS4 without costly sacrifices. Or did they think Sony was going to do another PS3 and sell it even higher or as high as them?

I'm pretty sure they weren't originally planning to release a Kinectless Xbox one. Just like they weren't planning to release it without the DRM. But then 399 and no DRM for PS4 happened. Add the presumably horrible preorder numbers and bad press they pretty much had to redo everything. And now they very likely will bring a >399 Xbox with out the Kinect next year.

maverick40

Seriously at this point is there any chance that it won't be significantly outsold by the PS4? the (now even more gimped) selective launch alone will be the No.1 reason for that...and that's excluding the negative image that follows the Xbone.

Anecdotal evidence here but I went into Gamestop Ireland yesterday to preorder my PS4. She said sure no problem but Sony Ireland have said that all of the day 1 PS4's have sold and I would be lucky to get it before christmas. She then asked would I like to preorder the Xbox one instead. I said no but asked how is it doing, she laughed and said Microsoft have made a big mistake with this thing. Apparantly it is doing abysmal in preorders in Ireland. Which like the UK would have been predominately 360 territory.

Alucrid

Banned
Ugh. I don't care if he does this to somehow "hide who he is" or whatever, but fuck, at least make it readable.

Someone don't go from (random post from his history)
"Mark rain needs to take his moneys frmo gears and make a tunnel to china because Bill Gates is goint ot kill him and share ihs spleen with Shan Kim like the herpes tentacles in The DArkrness."

To
"fy yoi thgouhte poelw er mad about abyoneta going sequeleggy to WeeeeYEWW youl be soemwaht nuhapy babout waht MS i money hateing w/Platfinim/. other jpnj dvs inplay to but KMAIYATown IS ONLY o1 I am solid onon. game NOT for nortamser uior Euroep, btway which maek sno nsense byt hwathever."

unless he just knows that the mods don't give a shit how unreadable his posts are because he's usually correct about the info he posts.

I mean seriously.. /rant over

It's not really that hard to make sense of, not to mention that by now probably fifty people have posted their 'translations.'

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
It's not really that hard to make sense of, not to mention that by now probably fifty people have posted their 'translations.'

Yeah no kidding let alone on the first page.

Seriously folks who complain and dont pay attention to the fact that there are multiple translations throughout the thread and as said on the first page need to be slapped in the head.

Zok310

I'm pretty sure they weren't originally planning to release a Kinectless Xbox one. Just like they weren't planning to release it without the DRM. But then 399 and no DRM for PS4 happened. Add the presumably horrible preorder numbers and bad press they pretty much had to redo everything. And now they very likely will bring a >399 Xbox with out the Kinect next year.

Can they really afford to drop all the way to $399 just by removing Kinect; is it even worth it when they are pretty much gureented to get all major 3rd party games on the XBO regardless of how bad the PS4 outsells them?

And what happens when Sony and Nintendo drops price next holiday perhaps, basically nullifying the $399 price point, won't MS end up in the same situation as they are in now with price of competition.
I don't see a Kinect less sku and I really don't see the reason for a $399 price point 6 months after launch regardless of the sales ratio. I think they will stick with the $499 price until 2015, and sacrifice market share for the first year and a half.
Copy what Sony did with the PS3 and just ride it out. It's a 6-10 year battle no need to go nuts in the first year throwing away all that money for market share on a brand that is very established ww.

Oppo

I think it would be easier to find leaks by just visiting neogaf, because everything ends up here anyway. :p It's not like this info won't spread after it is posted here, so why even try to hide it?

Stop whining about CBOAT. S/he is a gift.

The first dozen pages of the thread are filled with translations. I'm sure you can avail yourself.

Anecdotal evidence here but I went into Gamestop Ireland yesterday to preorder my PS4. She said sure no problem but Sony Ireland have said that all of the day 1 PS4's have sold and I would be lucky to get it before christmas. She then asked would I like to preorder the Xbox one instead. I said no but asked how is it doing, she laughed and said Microsoft have made a big mistake with this thing. Apparantly it is doing abysmal in preorders in Ireland. Which like the UK would have been predominately 360 territory.
Damn. My friend's uncle who also works at Gamestop said pretty much the same thing!

Can they really afford to drop all the way to $399 just by removing Kinect; is it even worth it when they are pretty much gureented to get all major 3rd party games on the XBO regardless of how bad the PS4 outsells them?

And what happens when Sony and Nintendo drops price next holiday perhaps, basically nullifying the $399 price point, won't MS end up in the same situation as they are in now with price of competition.
I don't see a Kinect less sku and I really don't see the reason for a $399 price point 6 months after launch regardless of the sales ratio. I think they will stick with the $499 price until 2015, and sacrifice market share for the first year and a half.
Copy what Sony did with the PS3 and just ride it out. It's a 6-10 year battle no need to go nuts in the first year throwing away all that money for market share on a brand that is very established ww.

I definitely think they can afford to drop it to 399 or lower. Microsoft has a lot of money and they'll do whatever they have to to make sure the Xbox One succeeds.

Abominuz

Banned

Problem if you dont sell consoles you wont have 6 -10 years.
Desperate times, desperate measures.
They need to do something if consoles aint selling and therefore no dev wants to make games for it.

Ugh. I don't care if he does this to somehow "hide who he is" or whatever, but fuck, at least make it readable.

Some people say cboat does it to hide who he is. Others say its so websites don't use her as a source

I choose to believe cboat types like that as a big fuck you to any poster who rather obsess over grammar and correct "could care less" rather than look at what a post actually says. Its one big troll - the poster who acts like the biggest idiot is actually the one with the most knowledge. Cboat has a dream, one day posters will be judged not by their spelling but by the content of their messages. I believe in that dream! #teamcboat

mrklaw

MrArseFace

if they drop their price and keep kinect, they have extra hardware and so Sony should be able to respond and cut even more - keeping the differential.

If MS drop kinect, then the two machines should be fairly similar in cost - PS4 with more expensive RAM, Xbox slightly more expensive APU. So pricing could be much more on par with PS4, and MS would have the ability to stay close to PS4 pricing (or even undercut them)

The Flash

Banned

3c9.gif

*sigh*

Well at least the writer had enough sense not to quote Cboat's original post or mention him directly. That would be dumb.

Skeff

Damn. My friend's uncle who also works at Gamestop said pretty much the same thing!

Luckily the less anecdotal numbers we have for a large UK retailer for 1 region also backs this up. As well as all the online listings such as amazon best sellers, on amazon ps4@#3 xb1@#30.

Ran rp

CBOAT said:
friend I am a good lookiin guy who believe in Jesus and would not LIE TO YOU

7gb dvd dual layer is a --***lock***--, the earth swallow my buttocks whole if I'm lying..!Id say more but they're taracking my ip now

So we know he's a good lookiin guy.

If the PS4 outsells the Xbox One by a significant enough margin, (it is up to MS what they consider "significant enough") simply in search of more profit they will drop the bundled Kinect and thus the price of the console. And the Kinect is pretty darn expensive (just look at the current gen prices, the new one is much more advanced, even the PS Camera is 60$), after it would be gone there should be no hardware based reason why the Xbox would cost more.

After removing the Kinect, the consoles should cost about the same amount to manufacture and MS is way richer than Sony, which should guarantee that the One would always cost the same amount or less in the future.

Abominuz

Banned
Luckily the less anecdotal numbers we have for a large UK retailer for 1 region also backs this up. As well as all the online listings such as amazon best sellers, on amazon ps4@#3 xb1@#30.

The same for retailers in the Netherlands.
1:5 ratio, ps4 is doing good business.

Withnail

Some people say cboat does it to hide who he is. Others say its so websites don't use her as a source

I choose to believe cboat types like that as a big fuck you to any poster who rather obsess over grammar and correct "could care less" rather than look at what a post actually says. Its one big troll - the poster who acts like the biggest idiot is actually the one with the most knowledge. Cboat has a dream, one day posters will be judged not by their spelling but by the content of their messages. I believe in that dream! #teamcboat

Sorry I stopped reading at the first missing apostrophe.

Xyber

Yeah no kidding let alone on the first page.

Seriously folks who complain and dont pay attention to the fact that there are multiple translations throughout the thread and as said on the first page need to be slapped in the head.

Stop whining about CBOAT. S/he is a gift.

The first dozen pages of the thread are filled with translations. I'm sure you can avail yourself.

I shouldn't need to read a damn "translation" of the first post. :p Earlier threads by cboat I had no problems with, since they were readable. But it just gets worse for every new thread it seems like.

I just automatically read that first part in Jeremy Clarksons voice for when he introduces The Stig.

And I agree that posters should be judged by the content and not the spelling. But this is just taking it too far. I just want old cboat back, the one I could understand.

Didn't he make his posts more unreadable because he didn't want search engines to pick up on them?

There is an official reason for it I believe.

I believe the official reason is to keep news sites from citing him as a source of rumors. There's a lot of blanks to fill in, and room for interpretation. Basically, just enough plausible deniability to remain somewhat safe, despite leaking info.

No_Style

Not sure what's funnier.. That the games are running on PCs, or that the PCs are running Windows 7...

This isn't a valid point of criticism. For all we know, their dev units were built on Windows 7 and they didn't want to introduce unnecessary risks by installing development builds on a different OS.

I know people love to rag on MS for silliness like this but this isn't a valid one.

This isn't a valid point of criticism. For all we know, their dev units were built on Windows 7 and they didn't want to introduce unnecessary risks by installing development builds on a different OS.

I know people love to rag on MS for silliness like this but this isn't a valid one.

Except that, as you may know, DirectX 11.1+ are Windows 8+ exclusive, despite working on Windows 7 for Xbone presentations..

I shouldn't need to read a damn "translation" of the first post. :p Earlier threads by cboat I had no problems with, since they were readable. But it just gets worse for every new thread it seems like.

I just automatically read that first part in Jeremy Clarksons voice for when he introduces The Stig.

And I agree that posters should be judged by the content and not the spelling. But this is just taking it too far. I just want old cboat back, the one I could understand.

Myabe yuo jsut hvae a pbleorm wtih sieneg wrds in chkuns lkie msot ploepes biarns can?

DigitalDevilSummoner

zero cognitive reasoning abilities

The thing is that the PS3 had the power advantage, games were getting better and better and even that didn't help that much until the slim PS3. The Xbone does not have that power edge, their only angle is to lower the price.
For the sake of appearances I do expect MS to say they sold out in their limited market but I doubt that number would measure favourably against the PS4s sold.

Was at Smythes here in Ireland, got a look at their preorder numbers (at that store). XB1 was about 20% of what PS4 was. FWIW.

BadWolf

I wouldn't want to give that much of an advantage to Sony personally.

They made a huge comeback after a disastrous start last generation, imagine what would happen if they were given an excellent one all the way to 2015 in the new generation.

Just woke up, first candidate for dumbest thing I've read all day.

Zornack

Just curious, why are people believing this post?

CBOAT has been leaking insider information for years. He's leaked 360 specs, EA working on a XB1 exclusive game, a gif of Remember Me months before it came out, that the XB1 was having yield issues and that there would be issues in some European countries, that Dead Rising 3 was in development as an XB1 exclusive, that Mirror's Edge 2 was in development, that Dead Space 3 would have co-op, and a ton of other stuff.

If you go around pretending to have insider information on GAF and stuff you say turns out false, you're banned. CBOAT is something like 90% correct in what he says.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom