• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Crashmo/Fallblox |OT| Heart-Shaped Blox

GWX

I can't even pass Challenge 5-10 :( I've been stuck there for quite a long time, and I don't want to advance without nailing it! It's hard, tho...

NeoRausch

4-10 makes my braincells burst.

it doesn't even look complicated....

gonna stop for now. i'm always better when i only play a few levels and stop when i hit a wall and re try the next day.

it's definitly one of this games.

Wait what do u mean? Cos I'm gonna get the spot pass msg every day lol? Or cos I'm making crazy tricky new fallbloxes

yes. ;)

i've stopped getting the spotpass note after the sixth (?) time. thanks nintendo, you've shown me that your interwebs stuff works! :p

BowieZ

Banned
Rzm6J.jpg

BowieZ

Banned
Just downloaded this... oh god the tutorial levels are tricky I'm very afraid of the main puzzles
Actually, I've been stumped to a similar degree on many different levels including early tutorial ones.

Usually it needs time and a Eureka moment and you feel stupid for missing it.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
I love this game, but man, I had such an easier time with Pushmo. My mind just melts looking at some of the Crashmo puzzles.

matthwq

Banned
Just downloaded it. Had no idea it was on the store (thanks, Wii U, for stealing all of my time!!). I'm SUPER nervous about the difficulty. Totally hit a wall with Pushmo near the end, never actually completed that one.

rjc571

Banned
An hour or so of free time? lol

Thanks for making me feel better (bad day) :p

I've only played your Super Mushroom level, but I thought it was pretty brilliant. It also took me around half an hour to solve, so I'm kind of scared to try your other levels :p

zroid

Banned
The next SpotPass puzzle is up. It's called "Challenge W-1"

f11_NOA_EN_Challenge-W-1.JPG

oh haha, didn't even notice the Japanese version was posted in the OP already.

GWX

I can't even pass Challenge 5-10 :( I've been stuck there for quite a long time, and I don't want to advance without nailing it! It's hard, tho...

So, yeah, three days later...

I GOT YOU NOW, MOTHERFUCKER (puzzle solution ahead).

The fucking blue box. I spent almost two hours wandering around that crashmo and didn't think of using the fucking blue block. A day after the last time I tried it, bam, I picked up the game and solved that shit in 2 minutes. Fuck.

Yeah, it's crazy how sometimes the easiest solution will be there and you refuse or don't think of trying it because THIS IS CRASHMO and it can't be that simple... yet it is!

Added all your QR codes to the OT guys. Keep 'em coming!

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
Getting better at the game now, even though I didn't do any of the optional tutorials yet. I sort of had an 'oh snap' moment where everything just sort of clicked and I started blowing through puzzles. I had a similar experience with Pushmo, where it just took a while for my brain to adapt.

Since the Pushmo OT is kinda dead i might as well ask this here:

Is it possible that those star ratings are not ALWAYS indicative of the level's ACTUAL difficulty?

Meaning this: I easily finished the first couple worlds' 2 star and even 3 star levels in a matter of seconds/minutes without breaking a sweat, however all of a sudden from Level 4-1 onwards (the world after Murals 2 actually) i have only beaten 2 so far and they were both 2 STAR levels, and i was stuck like an HOUR almost with each WTF?

I mean is it me or are these actually super tricky for 2 star levels? They FEEL like 4 stars to me :(

Roto13

Since the Pushmo OT is kinda dead i might as well ask this here:

Is it possible that those star ratings are not ALWAYS indicative of the level's ACTUAL difficulty?

Meaning this: I easily finished the first couple worlds' 2 star and even 3 star levels in a matter of seconds/minutes without breaking a sweat, however all of a sudden from Level 4-1 onwards (the world after Murals 2 actually) i have only beaten 2 so far and they were both 2 STAR levels, and i was stuck like an HOUR almost with each WTF?

I mean is it me or are these actually super tricky for 2 star levels? They FEEL like 4 stars to me :(

The stars basically indicate how hard the puzzles are in relation to how far you are in the game.

Nemo

Will Eat Your Children
Holy crap, always thought this OT was for the previous game. So surprised to see a sequel to the best thing of the downloadable part, immediately bought. Can't wait

Dammit I'm terrible. I did all but the last two tutorial levels on my own, but sadly needed help on those. Now I can't do 1-1 or 1-2 without looking online. Ugh

JazzmanZ

Dammit I'm terrible. I did all but the last two tutorial levels on my own, but sadly needed help on those. Now I can't do 1-1 or 1-2 without looking online. Ugh

If you need help, do the Training stages by selecting Granpa Mallo at the main menu, the levels there will show you how to solve them, and some of the no brainer moments helped in the main levels.

The prototypes are interesting. Makes me feel Nintendo is looking at a larger adventure style game. They weren't good because of the camera but they'd make a fantastic game with the right set up.

Shaffield

The prototypes are interesting. Makes me feel Nintendo is looking at a larger adventure style game. They weren't good because of the camera but they'd make a fantastic game with the right set up.

oh my god, if Intelligent made some kind of Pushmo/Catherine/3D Dot Game hybrid I would shit my pants

jackal27

Banned
i'm working on a few actually, but they're just too easy right now
once i finish all my exams and stuff this week i'll have a lot more time to work on them

I feel you there... I wish I could play it more, but this game is hitting at a really rough time in my life, haha. SO much school work...

zroid

Banned
Rant time: It's really bothering me how so many reviews keep mentioning camera control as some sort of massive improvement to the Pushmo/Crashmo gameplay. As if not being able to rotate the sandbox was a detriment to Pushmo -- it just doesn't make any sense for that game. I'll give you zooming, but rotating? Bloody hell.

This thread needs more puzzles! I remember the Pushmo thread being amazing!

Making puzzles in Crashmo is a lot tougher than in Pushmo. :(

It was really easy to just throw together some 2D pixel art and tweak it slightly until the puzzle was solvable in Pushmo. Crashmo demands actual planning...

This one is a direct copy of a Pushmo I made, except that the Pushmo requiring some ladders to complete:

jp8EA.jpg

This one is almost more of a logistical problem (where do I put all the pieces?) than a puzzle, lol.

Top Bottom