• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Do you ever wish you could upvote other people's upvotes?

kanjobazooie

Mouse Ball Fetishist
Sometimes I get the urge to like people's likes.
490a16c371c3a0810aa1d97025b1b602.jpg

22•22

Doesnt need recognition
The minimum way to express our feelings towards a post is already very limited. And even then from within that small section people use those reactions sincerely or sarcastically or ... plain weird...

I rather do me (pun intended after second thought) than like a reaction from someone else. Their reaction maybe sarcastic of whatever.

Empathy or love.

Laughing or a sarcastic laugh emoji

Who knows?

Last edited:

diffusionx

Upvote/downvote on Reddit is just a way to engineer and enforce a top-down consensus. It is a disaster for actually having a conversation.

Last edited:

22•22

Doesnt need recognition
The minimum way to express our feelings towards a post is already very limited. And even then from within that small section people use those reactions sincerely or sarcastically or ... plain weird...

I rather do me (pun intended after second thought) than like a reaction from someone else. Their reaction maybe sarcastic of whatever.

Empathy or love.

Laughing or a sarcastic laugh emoji

Who knows?

Prime example.

2 sympathies.

Why?

Robot Wtf GIF

nush

Upvote/downvote on Reddit is just a way to engineer and enforce a top-down consensus. It is a disaster for actually having a conversation.

I saw that system implemented on a long running forum when that functionality was added to the software and it destroyed the tone of conversation overnight as well as creating a whole load of drama. It took them years to admit it was wrong and remove it but the damage was already done.

Top Bottom