• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Do you think GTA 6 will get a PC version at launch

German Hops

Absolutely..

trust-me-mens-t-shirt.jpg

Gaiff

Nah.

1. Release it on PS5/SX. GTA 6 is so huge that many PC players will simply bite the bullet and get it for console

2. Wait 12-18 months and release a much enhanced PC version. PC players who got suckered into buying the console version will double-dip for the PC version. You'll even have some console players who also own gaming PCs who will get it for PC.

3. If the consoles get Pro versions, they will release a free upgrade for them, rekindling sales and interest for those who missed out

3. Re-release an improved PC version for the for PS6/New Xbox

Pakoe

Nah.

1. Release it on PS5/SX. GTA 6 is so huge that many PC players will simply bite the bullet and get it for console

2. Wait 12-18 months and release a much enhanced PC version. PC players who got suckered into buying the console version will double-dip for the PC version. You'll even have some console players who also own gaming PCs who will get it for PC.

3. If the consoles get Pro versions, they will release a free upgrade for them, rekindling sales and interest for those who missed out

3. Re-release an improved PC version for the for PS6/New Xbox
Probably this.

Gamezone

If it does, it's probably Rockstar Store exclusive for a long time, unless Epic or Valve really pushes trough some kinda deal. But who knows. When GTA 4 and GTA 5 released, we still had to deal with "Is PC gaming dead?" threads daily.

Last edited:

Sybrix

No way.

GTA VI will be the reason i get a PS5.

Then ill get GTA VI on PC a year and a half later when it launches.

GTA V went though PS3/Xbox One, PS4/Xbox One X/ PS5 and PC launches, made Rockstar a lot of money, they will do the same for GTA VI.

Not a snowballs chance in hell.

It'll come out about a year later if we're lucky. GTA V released in September 2013 and PC didn't get a version until April/May 2015 (can't remember exact month).

Don't care about GTA
And you clicked a thread about GTA?

EPIC exclusive.
The way Epic is bleeding money on that store it'll probably be shut down before GTA VI comes out .

Last edited:

ahtlas7

They bet on the long run so I’m guessing double and triple dip will feed their decision to hold PC back at launch.

YCoCg

This is Rockstar Games, of course not, PC will be second or third release, maybe even double exclusive if they do an Epic deal again to have a one to three month exclusive window.

Stuart360

No as i think they do it the way they do to maximize sales through possible double, and triple, dipping.
Release the console version, then 1-2 years later release an upgraded PC version, and hopefully snag some double dippers from gamers that game on both PC and console. Then release a 'next gen' version of the next wave on consoles, and hopefully get a bunch of tripple dippers.

Its a bit cheesy really but gamers will do it.

poppabk

This will be the first multiplayer GAAS focused GTA so all bets are off. Milking game sales may not be worth the loss in 6-12 months of microtransactions, battle pass revenue etc.

mortal

Why even ask when you know that it's extremely unlikely?

T2 / R* have historically capitalized on double dipping. What makes you think they'll just stop for GTA VI? lol

Fbh

On the one hand they've historically waited for the PC release and benefited from double dippers.
On the other hand GTA is now primarily an online GAAS, so maybe they'll benefit more from getting as many people as possible to play and buy microtransactions from day 1.
The question is: are double dippers going to make them more money than X months of microtransactions from PC only players?

My guess would be it will still launch on consoles first but the PC version will come around 6 months later instead of a year and half later like GTAV.

Last edited:

Itchy Tickles

Neo Member
We never know, but history kinda points 1 way. That being said, and not quite the same, but didn't the trilogy remaster release same day on PC?

Hope it does release day 1 and isn't a mess technically or gameplay / story wise.

Denton

Rockstar and Take2 is uniquely cunty when it comes to GTA and RDR on PC, always pretending PC does not exist only to announce it later.

I fully expect them to continue their cunty behaviour because for 20 years, they have been practicing it.

Top Bottom