• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

EXCLUSIVE Final Fantasy XII scoop from Jump! First media and info of 2005!!!!

duckroll

:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

up369753kj.jpg

Maybe in 2006 we'll get another random new pic from the opening scenes. Man this game is soooooo never coming out. :D

Edit: Changed image location so this can stay on the archives FOREVER! :lol

At last! When Square failed to release a single new screenshot since May 2005, I knew they had something special planned. I wasn't disappointed - this has totally been the year-long wait! I hear rumors that Square is gearing up the hype machine and has plans to release another screenshot around October! Get out the drool cup! Already gotten! Droooool!

Geek

Ninny Prancer
You guys are being unrealistic.

It takes time to remove the fun, innovative battle system and retrofit the mind-numbingly boring turn based system from the previous games!

They can take their sweet time making this (and have). 'Cause if it's anything close to the shitfest that is FFX (jesus that game has not aged well AT ALL), then FF may truly be dead to me. Good thing is this game is looking stunning and by all accounts, I won't have to worry about pronouncing anything dead.

Gattsu25

Banned
This wait is killing me...sometimes I try to be pessimistic about games so as to never be dissappointed but now I'm seriously having doubts that the released game will be the same as what was seen...that is to say that I seriously believe that the game will be reverting back to the more standard FF style.

I had hoped that FFXI and then FFXII after it would bring in a new gameplay style...and I still hope that this is the case...but I'm not so sure anymore

duckroll

Ok finally some solid details about what's been happening in the FFXII development offices this past 12 months (*):

- Matsuno's perfectionalism made him drive his team like slaves in perfecting the CGI interaction for a FMV kiss between Ashe and her yet-unnamed husband (who dies before the game begins)

- E3 2005 will be the "Year of the Matsuno" as his team proclaims, featuring the first exclusive screening of a trailer featuring this new kiss scene. Unfortunately because of the time spent on this particular scene there will be no other new footage or playable code available at the show floor

- When asked when FFXII itself will be completed and release, Matsuno had this to say: "When a man and a woman get officially married in a ceremony, they kiss. It is something I felt needed the most personal touches to bring to life. Now ask yourself what a man and woman do to consumate this marriage now bonded by ceremony. That will require much more..... intimate touches from my team and I promise it will be worthwhile."

- When asked if FFXII is still scheduled for release on the PS2, Matsuno gave a less promising answer: "The ball is in Sony's court. If the PS3 is backwards compatible, then this game will definitely be on PS2 code. If not, we might have to make a 360 degree turn and consider other options."

(*) - might not be true

SantaC

duckroll said:
Ok finally some solid details about what's been happening in the FFXII development offices this past 12 months (*):

- Matsuno's perfectionalism made him drive his team like slaves in perfecting the CGI interaction for a FMV kiss between Ashe and her yet-unnamed husband (who dies before the game begins)

- E3 2005 will be the "Year of the Matsuno" as his team proclaims, featuring the first exclusive screening of a trailer featuring this new kiss scene. Unfortunately because of the time spent on this particular scene there will be no other new footage or playable code available at the show floor

- When asked when FFXII itself will be completed and release, Matsuno had this to say: "When a man and a woman get officially married in a ceremony, they kiss. It is something I felt needed the most personal touches to bring to life. Now ask yourself what a man and woman do to consumate this marriage now bonded by ceremony. That will require much more..... intimate touches from my team and I promise it will be worthwhile."

- When asked if FFXII is still scheduled for release on the PS2, Matsuno gave a less promising answer: "The ball is in Sony's court. If the PS3 is backwards compatible, then this game will definitely be on PS2 code. If not, we might have to make a 360 degree turn and consider other options."

(*) - might not be true

ok that's more like it duckroll ;)

StephaneC

duckroll said:

information from jump or from about what u think

RevenantKioku

PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS oh god i am drowning in them
Geek said:
You guys are being unrealistic.

It takes time to remove the fun, innovative battle system and retrofit the mind-numbingly boring turn based system from the previous games!

Whatchootalkinbout. Asides from the sphere grid breaking down later in the game, FFX's battle system was freaking awesome.

StephaneC said:
information from jump or from about what u think

This information is from Uso! Jump which comes out every other Thursday.

On the second page of the interview, Matsuno apologized for trying to take the series in a different direction and promised the "new" FFXII would be "more in line with what fans expect - no, demand." The Breath of Fire: Dragon Quarter team looked on in stony silence.

u_neek

duckroll said:
woohoo, teh SexXx!!11

duckroll said:
we might have to make a 360 degree turn and consider other options."

Haha, fuck you :lol

I dont know what you all are complaining about, I like the kiss :D

(Of course I would like more than just a kiss in the game.....alot more)

lexi

Banned
"The ball is in Sony's court. If the PS3 is backwards compatible, then this game will definitely be on PS2 code. If not, we might have to make a 360 degree turn and consider other options.

They're making a 360 degree turn, they're going full circle, going from black to white, it's a virgin, a new beginning.

JackFrost2012 said:
On the second page of the interview, Matsuno apologized for trying to take the series in a different direction and promised the "new" FFXII would be "more in line with what fans expect - no, demand."

Wow, talk about lame-a-ton.

neptunes

JackFrost2012 said:
On the second page of the interview, Matsuno apologized for trying to take the series in a different direction and promised the "new" FFXII would be "more in line with what fans expect - no, demand." The Breath of Fire: Dragon Quarter team looked on in stony silence.

Come again?

duckroll said:

WHAT??

Rahul

what the, i was going to post this like 6 hours ago but assumed everyone had already seen it
now duckroll gets all the credit! screw you, duckroll!

SantaC

"The ball is in Sony's court. If the PS3 is backwards compatible, then this game will definitely be on PS2 code. If not, we might have to make a 360 degree turn and consider other options."

uh ?

Bigfonzie

duckroll said:
"The ball is in Sony's court. If the PS3 is backwards compatible, then this game will definitely be on PS2 code. If not, we might have to make a 360 degree turn and consider other options."

And there gentlemen we have the answer.

PhatSaqs said:
That quote doesnt make sense. Why does it make a difference whether or not PS3 has BC?

The game will probably come out very late in PS2's life. PS3 might be out by then and Japanese gamers might ignore FFXII for PS3? Lol?

I think they want the game to be b/c with PS3.

SantaC

Doom_Bringer said:
The game will probably come out very late in PS2's life. PS3 might be out by then and Japanese gamers might ignore FFXII for PS3? Lol?

I really hope FFXII makes a x-mas launch in the US, but maybe I shouldn't be that optimistic.

PhatSaqs said:
That quote doesnt make sense. Why does it make a difference whether or not PS3 has BC?

DQVII was released in Japan after the PS2. Because of backwards compatibility, a lot of people bought PS2s instead of PSones to play it - the "system seller" for PS2 was a PSone game!

If FFXII takes much longer to come out, Matsuno could be facing a similar situation.

PhatSaqs

Banned
Doom_Bringer said:
So they port all of the basically finished code to 360 to express their unhapiness (or something like that...) :lol

SantaCruZer said:
I really hope FFXII makes a x-mas launch in the US, but maybe I shouldn't be that optimistic.

that’s impossible, maybe in Japan but not here. UNLESS they are recording/translating both the English and Japanese voices/text simultaneously.

Gattsu25

Banned
duckroll said:
I think more people should subscribe to Uso! Jump, that way there'll be less miscommunications. :lol

I think so, too...this E3 will be fun, if this is any indication...we need more *ahem* Uso! Jump stories, thou

Top Bottom