• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fantasy Football Discussion Thread - 2017 Season

VoxPop

Freeman, Demarco and Coleman (freeman) handcuff

That's a great trade for you. That's a solid RB core (you can just play WR at the flex if you dont wanna play Coleman) and you get a nice upgrade at TE. Pats RB sets have always been a shitshow fantasywise so losing Gill despite his great game 1 isn't the worst thing.

Jamison Crowder still listed as Questionable, damn. Hope we get some clarification by tomorrow, or else I'm going to have to put in Devin Funchess (yeah I'm pretty weak on WRs).

UberTag

You're tripping. Gronk can win you a week. Bennett not really doing that. There's a reason why Gronk was going on the second round and Bennett in like round 10. I'd do that trade.
I'm not denying there was a reason why Gronk was going in the 2nd.
A reason based on his historic ability to contribute as a fantasy asset.
I've owned him before myself.

I'm just saying that outside of a 4-game stretch last October, Gronk has been rather pedestrian through his last 4 games in addition to getting himself hurt. I would personally value Jordan Reed right now although he, likewise, has a proclivity to getting hurt. You want NEITHER guy if you want someone that can contribute to your team for a full 15-game fantasy season. Bennett can do that... and may well excel with Rodgers throwing to him on a regular basis. His issue will be whether the Packers have too many mouths to feed... Cobb regression notwithstanding.

That said, I think I'd make that trade myself. If only 'cause Gillislee is liable to ride the bench most of the time when you've got DeMarco Murray and the Falcons RBs to trot out there with established every-week roles. But I'd almost want to see what else I could get for him first. You know someone else's starting RB is going to go down for the season this Sunday.

Jamison Crowder still listed as Questionable, damn. Hope we get some clarification by tomorrow, or else I'm going to have to put in Devin Funchess (yeah I'm pretty weak on WRs).
Don't sweat Crowder's status. Redskins list their guys as Questionable all the time only to trot them out on Sunday. They're more conservative with their game day statuses than any other team in the league.

DCX

DCX
Need advice. I have Micheal Thomas and Brandin Cooks spear heading my WR corps. I need advice for wr3.

I have Kevin White vs ATL
Tyrell Williams vs Den
Or Marvin Jones Jr vs Ari

I'm leaning toward Kevin White but all three teams have great secondary play.

DCX

Need advice. I have Micheal Thomas and Brandin Cooks spear heading my WR corps. I need advice for wr3.

Tyrell Williams vs Den

DCX
One had Pip
Another has Fatford
And another has 40m dollar back up in Glennon

I would pick Williams personally since all their matchups aren't great.,

Cappa

Banned

Tyrell Williams vs Den

DCX
Marvin Jones

UberTag

Tyrell Williams vs Den

DCX
My initial vibe was to back up your inclination to roll out White given his utilization last season before he went down where he was just peppered with targets... but that was with a different QB in Cutler. Same offensive coordinator in Loggains, though.

I'm not so sure it'll be the same type of situation with Glennon throwing him the ball, however.

The Broncos were the toughest team in the league against WRs last year so I'm not considering Tyrell due to the matchup. It's between White and Jones and I would really trust your instincts on this one as I think it's a wash between the two of them.

I'm going to lean Jones because we haven't seen White score TDs at this level yet. Jones definitely has even with his habit of disappearing in the 2nd half of last season. He may well do the same thing this year so I would lean on him early and then explore sell high opportunities.

Joe

What's that site that imports your teams and shows real-time point scoring?

I used it last year but forgot what it was.

It showed a real-time stream of all scoring plays across the league and highlighted my players and my opponents players.

duxstar

Someone make me feel better and tell me they wouldve started sammy watkins over tyreek hill last thursday.

Im already in the hole since my opponent had Kareem hunt but i feel like id have a chance if i had left hill in. I just knew the rams d was bad and figured the patriots would shutdown the top 2 weapons on the chiefs.

DerekNYC

Should I roll with Corey Davis today in the assumption Odell misses? Or drop somebody for Brandon Coleman so I can give Odell a chance?

Milabrega

Now able to put Mike Williams on IR.

In PPR, who should I use my bench spot to stash, Matt Breida, Latavius Murray, Marvin Jones, or Giovani Bernard.

jamsy

GAF, should I pick up Zay Jones?

I have McFadden whom I'm not sure I want to keep anymore. I also have Chris Carson, who may or may not play anytime soon.

FTF

With Luck out today (and prob for a while, ugh) I keep going back and forth between playing Hilton or Watkins today. Sticking with Hilton atm.

I should probably trade Gillislee while trade value is high huh?

I'd def throw out some trade feelers, yeah.

Now able to put Mike Williams on IR.

In PPR, who should I use my bench spot to stash, Matt Breida, Latavius Murray, Marvin Jones, or Giovani Bernard.

Breida is going to be the workhorse when Hyde inevitably goes down and he's more talented than the other 3 options.

ZoronMaro

I can't decide between Panthers or Rams D/ST

Panthers are supposed to be better and their against the lower ranked team, but Rams are against a team that is missing Luck...

I feel like even if I knew more about the teams it'd still be a gamble, but I'm pretty much going off stats alone.

natjjohn

I watched the video of the David Johnson injury. Really couldnt see anything but guessing 'it's bad since don't think he even returned to the sideline. Disappointing

Tall4Life

I have Kareem Hunt in my friends league and I thought I was good, but my opponent had AB and the Pitt defense and both went off. I am in actual danger of blowing this

UberTag

I have Kareem Hunt in my friends league and I thought I was good, but my opponent had AB and the Pitt defense and both went off. I am in actual danger of blowing this
Never think a lead in fantasy can't be blown.
I lost a league championship game with a monster lead when the #1 QB in football that season managed to find a way to score negative points for me in a game despite not being injured.

Wasn't sure if I should sit or start OBJ this week. Decided to bench him in favor of Golloday. Me thinks that was the smart choice.

jfkgoblue

So I'm going to win by 100+ this week(Hunt+Ryan+Rams defense), but I am really concerned about David Johnson's injury going forward.

Top Bottom