• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

For PC Gaming?

Do you play your pc on a tv with consoles or seperate station

• PC on TV along with Consoles

Votes: 42 39.6%
  • PC Seperate With own monitor

Votes: 50 47.2%
  • PC on Monitor along with consoles

Votes: 14 13.2%

• Total voters

Jigsaah

I am separate. I just don't have the setup or the proper TV to really make use of the 4090. I'm still on Samsung KS8000. Love this TV, but I know it's time for an upgrade.

Topher

I have a cable running to my LG C1 55" TV and another running to my 32" monitor on my desk. I play games on the TV when using a controller like with Hogwarts Legacy. Games like FPS that are better with keyboard and mouse, I play on my desk and monitor.

Mr Hyde

I have a separate monitor. I'm working on my PC as well as gaming, so it would be inconvenient to hook it up to my tv. My tv is also reserved for PS5 and Switch.

Rex_DX

I use a double monitor setup at my desk with a 30-foot hdmi cable routed to my tv for when I want the "console experience." VR headset takes up the remaining port on my GPU.

Previously I'd have used an HDMI splitter box to allow actual console gaming on the tv but with the ridiculously scarce availability of PS5s in my area and Xbox exclusives coming to PC I just plugged a Switch into my second port on the tv.

It works.

Play everything through the TV. See no reason to get a monitor, ultrawide aside, when already using a GSync compatible 4K 120Hz display

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Yes and also the other way around.

I have my PC connected to my 4K TV (LG C1 OLED 77-inch), and to a 36-inch ultrawide Samsung monitor.

But - I also have a 4K capture device on my PC connected to an HDMI switcher, so I can toggle my consoles output over to my monitor as well. For my Switch, I just use a second dock.

Vasto

My PC is connected to a Gigabyte 34 inch 1440p 144hz Ultra Wide in the bed room.

I am usually gaming on my PC while watching something on the TV.

Last edited:

SyberWolf

LG C2 42" for both my pc and consoles (on a deep desk).
sometimes i hook up my LG 27GN850 if i want to play competitive shooters.

Last edited:

Sentenza

I have a 55inches 4k Samsung TV for my console and two monitors plugged to my PC (a 1440p 27 inches IPS G-sync 165hz as the main one and a 75hz 1920x1080 VA as a side monitor).

The latter is one that takes 90% of my gaming time and the remaining 10% is on the Steam Deck.

The PS4 Pro is just for Youtube, Prime video and Netflix at this point (which would all be available on the Smart TV anyway, but using a controller is way more comfortable).

Last edited:

danklord

Display Port connects to the Alienware 3423dw monitor in the office, mostly for FPS and games that favor m+k
Use long HDMI 2.1 cables to connect to the splitter and feeds the C9 in the office and the s95b in the Living Room
PS5 is in the living room as well
Nreal glasses for Switch/Steam Deck elsewhere

Last edited:
PC and consoles on 82" (2.08 meter)

I sit in front of a PC monitor at work ALL DAY, when I get home I want my feet up in a recliner laying back. If I can't have my feet up when I play, I don't play.

MikeM

I use my pc on my 65 inch lgc1
Me Too Samesies GIF

I also have a 27” 1440p msi monitor that I never use for obvious reasons

I have my PC connected to both my Monitor and my TV.

I have a Dualsense set up with different modes where I can control my PC, set it to Dualshock mode and Xbox mode.

that way I have mouse control on the touch pad, have a shortcut for Alt+F4, a shortcut for the Windows button, a shortcut for switching screens between PC and TV

Last edited:
I have my Steam Deck hooked up via official Valve dock to a 40" LG TV (newish, don't know the model). What option does that fit into?

Like others have said, it depends on the genre. I can't get into first person shooters with controllers, or Steam touchpads: mouse, keyboard, a desk and monitor all the way.

Black_Stride

do not tempt fate do not contrain Wonder Woman's thighs do not do not
One display to rule them all.

I used to have a TV that did dual duty as a Monitor and TV for console gaming.
When I moved to a bigger place, ironically with a smaller room for my PC.
Got a big TV for the living room and a monitor for my everything room.....consoles and PC are all connected to the monitor now.

Kataploom

PC on TV, I work all day and the last thing I want is to keep sitting on my desk for any longer just to play something, but I have my own personal projects on my PC so even working on those from the couch is way more comfortable... I have a small table for work hours or if I want to play a competitive shooter as in a desktop though, but most of my gaming is from the couch using a controller on my PC

I don't have a console, but I use moonlight+ Nvidia Shield tv to stream PC games to my living room!

My PC is on the office few meters away.

Buggy Loop

I've used both. I prefer separate station now. Went from TV for many years when i lived in a small apartment during university. For COVID, i needed a place for work at home. Setup with a comfy ergonomic chair and then an ultrawide screen, amazing DAC/AMP with good headphones

You Are Amazing Love It GIF by Late Night with Seth Meyers

Last edited:

SHA

Separate, I play on a laptop ,haven't you noticed the difference? Monitors are different , the marketing is bs, consoles are made for tvs ,end of story.

Hohenheim

Consoles on TV/couch, PC in its own gaming room with monitor, gaming desk, chair etc.
Prefer the PC 80% of the time.

SHA

you don't make much sense
Pc+monitor is the perfect combination, lg is just an after thought, you can't seriously bridge the gap between them ,buy a large monitor to experience your pc the best possible way, lg is like the swiftech of water cooling, they always mess up with their new ideas ,just being different doesn't make them better.

Do you guys game on your PCs on a 4K Tv along with your consoles or do have a seperate monitor and station?

I played on my1080P tv before I finally upgraded. 1440P resolutions were handicapped by my cpu. 4K resolutions were handicapped by my gpu.

Edit: fixed

Last edited:

Pc+monitor is the perfect combination, lg is just an after thought, you can't seriously bridge the gap between them ,buy a large monitor to experience your pc the best possible way, lg is like the swiftech of water cooling, they always mess up with their new ideas ,just being different doesn't make them better.

why are you talking about LG now? wtf?
this reads like a broken chat bot from 5 years ago.

Three

Have a G9 ultrawide for my PC as I use it for coding and work as well. It's connected to a projector too but I prefer playing on the monitor for that 240hz goodness.

GHG

My PC has it's own LG CX OLED TV.

I will never fuck with monitors again.

Last edited:
Top Bottom