• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

For PC Gaming?

Do you play your pc on a tv with consoles or seperate station

• PC on TV along with Consoles

Votes: 42 39.6%
  • PC Seperate With own monitor

Votes: 50 47.2%
  • PC on Monitor along with consoles

Votes: 14 13.2%

• Total voters

RoboFu

One of the green rats
im about the blow the OPs mind.....

I play my same gaming pc on all of those across the local netwrok.

BossLackey

PC, Switch, PS5

Game on primary monitor (HDMI switch for consoles), browsing/movies/videos on secondary monitor.

Audio out from primary monitor into ground loop noise isolator into line-in on PC for consolidated audio regardless of what you're playing.

Hard to get better than that.

Denton

I have been PC TV gaming since 2013, first game I PCTV gamed was Bioshock Infinite.
But the PC is also connected to 15 years old 24" NEC AMVA monitor which still has great picture and works like a champ; I use it from time to time for some RTS like Command and Conquer or for watching netflix when eating something that cannot be eaten on a sofa.

NovaSe7en

Neo Member
ktFutAt.jpg

I play on a 77" LG C9. PC sits in a Silverstone case next to my consoles.

Last edited:

BlackTron

My desk is against the same wall as my TV stand allowing me to switch inputs between devices pretty easily, which I tend to do often. I use the monitor for mouse and 144hz, and to the TV for a couch and controller.

Sometimes if the TV is being used. I'll use my monitor to play a game I would have played on TV otherwise. I'm not sure which display has seen more Vampire Survivors. It also has exceptional input latency so some games I'd LIKE to pretend I am a kid with a controller on a couch I'll do monitor instead. I made this switch during a boss fight in The Messenger and it made the difference in a game with such tight timing. My TV has a game mode which feels very good, but I tried dual display with my monitor to test side by side. The monitor still blew it away in response time -by the time the character reached the apex of a straight jump on TV, they would be halfway back to the ground on the monitor. So the choice is a combination of game/genre and how comfy you want to be at that moment, lol.

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
I do both.

My workstation is on the living room, so I have my PC plugged both to a monitor and a TV, which imo is without a doubt the best possible setup, since I get the desktop to play FPS, CRPG, strategy, etc and the TV for action, adventure and overall comfier games.

That's for the PC. The PS4 and the Switch are also connected to the TV, but since it's 4K I'd guess the Switch would look like shit on there so I use it almost exclusively on handheld mode.

The older consoles are in the attic, connected to a CRT. Man I love videogames so fucking much it's unreal.

sachos

For guys saying they play their PC on the TV from their couch. Do you always use gamepad or you also use wireless m&kb? Also, do you set it up so it boots up directly to Steam Big Picture? I was thinking of doing that at some point.

GametimeUK

My PC is hooked up to an LGC9 and an Alienware Aw3423dwf. My consoles are hooked up to the same LG.

Last edited:

For guys saying they play their PC on the TV from their couch. Do you always use gamepad or you also use wireless m&kb? Also, do you set it up so it boots up directly to Steam Big Picture? I was thinking of doing that at some point.

I use DS4Windows in combination with a dualsense controller and boot normally.

I basically set up 3 modes for the Dualsense which you can switch between by using the PS button + Dpad Down, and which are indicated by the LED strip color.
White = Windows mode, Blue = Dualshock 4 mode, and Green = Xbox mode.

in Windows Mode the Dpad, Sticks, Triggers and buttons all function like an Xbox controller with Options being Start/Menu and Touchpad button being Back/View.
but the Touchpad itself will work as the mouse, the Mute button is Right Click and the Share button is Left Click.
I tried using the touch pad as left click and a corner click as right click but that just kills precision as this thing is not meant to be a PC touch pad.
with Left Click on Share you can move the mouse with precision and still left click easily and without accidentally moving the cursor doing so.

I also set up other shortcuts that are bound to holding the PS (home) button and pressing a dipad direction.

PS + Dpad Down = mode switch (like I already said)

PS + Dpad Up = ALT + Enter (so I can fullscreen or window anything quickly

PS + Dpad Left = Windows Button, so I can basically alt/tab out or do other stuff while a game is running

PS + Dpad Right = Win + P, which opens the video output menu on the right, so I can switch back to my PC monitor with the controller, or back to TV.
thankfully you can control that menu with the dpad of the controller so once you know where all the options are you can do it blindly

but once you switch it to Dualshock 4 mode it will literally behave and will be detected by the PC as a Dualshock 4... if you set it to Xbox mode it will be detected and work like an Xbox One/SX controller

Last edited:

Lasha

I have a little Bluetooth kbm that I use to navigate. I only play games requiring a gamepad when using my TV as a monitor.

Top Bottom