• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Front Mission 2 Remake (Switch) Coming June 12

Naked Lunch

I ready to dive into this series again from the start - and it seems FM2 never got a fully finished translation, officially or fanmade, in all these years until now.
Im most excited to play FM5 for the PS2 - but gotta start from the beginning.

_Ex_

723173.gif

Best SRPG series ever and this is the only entry I've not beaten yet.

I preordered the first remake. I'mma preorder this sumbitch too

manfestival

This is pretty awesome to see even as someone without a Switch. I love the front mission games and really like that they are giving them some attention after all of this time.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Anyone played Front Mission 1st Remake?
I did, and it's awesome. Extremely faithful remake of the original, right down to its archaic menu system, which turns a lot of people off. Almost no QoL improvements - just a fresh coat of paint and a widescreen resolution. Personally, I loved it. But a lot of people wished it was more like modern SRPGs and easier.

EDIT: for example, no partial EXP for failure, no shared EXP between all units, having to restart a level completely on failure, no ability to attack then move (just move followed by attack, only in that order), different difficulty modes, etc. Stuff like that which has become a staple of the genre in modern times and is nowhere to be seen in this release.

Last edited:

STARSBarry

I'll be picking that up

Anyone played Front Mission 1st Remake?

indeed I have, I cant compare it to the original as with many western fans its my first time playing it as my first game was Front Mission 3 (the first released outside Japan and the EU never got the DS release either) all I can say is it feels like an old game, lots of grinding for stats (at least I did). The thing is... this one from the trailer graphically and animation wise looks a hell of alot better, which makes sense because both remakes are developed by different teams.

hence why 1st looks like

preview-nTd.1024x576.jpeg

and 2nd looks like

front-mission-2-remake-2.large.jpg

the fluidity of 2 feels much closer from my admittedly rose tinted memories of 3, with the way the mechs move in combat etc rather than being quite static in the remake of 1. However its hard to judge considering how they are from different dev teams developed side by side.

Last edited:

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
indeed I have, I cant compare it to the original as with many western fans its my first time playing it as my first game was Front Mission 3 (the first released outside Japan and the EU never got the DS release either) all I can say is it feels like an old game, lots of grinding for stats (at least I did). The thing is... this one from the trailer graphically and animation wise looks a hell of alot better, which makes sense because both remakes are developed by different teams.

hence why 1st looks like

and 2nd looks like

the fluidity of 2 feels much closer from my admittedly rose tinted memories of 3, with the way the mechs move in combat etc rather than being quite static in the remake of 1. However its hard to judge considering how they are from different dev teams developed side by side.
Well, Front Mission 1 is a SNES game. That's probably the biggest factor here.

EDMIX

I am waiting for the physical edition of 1st and will do so for 2nd.

same.

hence why 1st looks like

and 2nd looks like

Thats good to know. I didn't have any time to play the remake of 1 and hope to buy both around the same time.

Top Bottom