• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GameStop cancelling all in-store Resident Evil 4 Remake Collector's Edition pre-orders. Unable to fulfill them. Online orders still good.

demigod

The Resident Evil Remake CEs all look like shit and not worth $250 for a small ass figurine. It’s no wonder Capcom sure loves doing exclusives with Gamestop, the markup must be yuuuuuuuge.

Moses85

Fuck Capcom

349€ for this CE!?

Michael Jordan Lol GIF

Mr Reasonable

Completely Unreasonable
Who's buying this beautiful package?

Capcom's included items list includes "box"(!)

You mean they don't just throw the stuff at you loose and hope you catch them all without falling to the floor? Pretty generous. That's got to be a $1 value right there.

consoul

Why the online pre orders are ok, but the In Store ones are not? I don't get it.
They had arranged courier delivery of the online orders from the warehouse (at the customers expense), but had not arranged delivery of all these big-ass boxes to their retail stores.

They can't be fucked paying for that so they're just gonna cancel on all their in-store preorders.

jaysius

I feel bad for the suckers that think they need these editions, also ones that only bought at GS because they sunk credit into the place from criminally under valued trades.

Nautilus

They had arranged courier delivery of the online orders from the warehouse (at the customers expense), but had not arranged delivery of all these big-ass boxes to their retail stores.

They can't be fucked paying for that so they're just gonna cancel on all their in-store preorders.
What a mess.

Fbh

Lol, Gamestop is like "whatever you do please don't come to our store, if you've got to buy stuff from us please do it online"

Three

Probably just don't want to pay for delivery to local stores. Is there a delivery charge for the online one?

I'm just glad I was there for the whole GME thing and made like $2000 on it. Feel like I got all my money back from the stupid childhood years of "trading in" consoles and games back in the 90s. What a fucking dumbass I was.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Looks like it's not just the in-store purchases, "a portion" of online orders are also being canceled.

This is likely on the distributor or capcom

They do 5 billion in business annually no matter how much want them out of business they won't be
How is that GS fault when this is obviously on the distributor?

And it looks like a Gamestop issue, not a Capcom issue.

So, fuck gamestop, again.

Last edited:

SafeOrAlone

Banned
Worst collectibles (imo):

1. Funko Pops
2. Video game collector editions
3. Stamps

Shoutout to “Loot Crate”. Exceptions may apply.

Top Bottom