• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gangs of Sherwood | Announcement Teaser

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

Play as Robin, Marian, Friar Tuck or Little John, four heroes with unique, fully customizable gameplay styles, and set out in search of riches to plunder so you can give them to the poor. From Sherwood Forest to the Sheriff's flying castle, the way forward is blocked by hordes of enemies. Combine the different heroes' combat styles to foil the tyrant's plans and fight performance-enhanced soldiers, formidable war machines and terrifying bosses that you meet as you advance.

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

Prepare to steal from the rich to give to the poor!

Discover the first gameplay footage of #GangsofSherwood. Coming this Fall on Playstation 5, Xbox Series X|S and PC.

Fight the armies of the Sheriff of Nottingham and lead the rebellion, solo or in co-op with up to 4 players. Play as one of the Merry Men, combine your attacks, and free the people in this futuristic dystopia inspired by the legend of Robin Hood.

Last edited:

ANDS

Thought gaf was racist. Now knows better, honorary gaffer 2022
Always good to compare two games from entirely different genres; totally honest take.

. . .game looks fine as another co-op hero shooter that you can play alone if you choose to.

Aion002

Feels like we’ve already seen this game, published by a well known publisher - and it bombed.

It’s a crowded market, and bigger licenses than Robin Hood are even struggling.
New single and up to 4 player coop game x gaas, multiplayer only competitive team-based game.

Can you spot the difference?

Yes You Can GIF by ION

Elder Legend

Yoir Aee Member
They should change the name to Gangs of Genericwood. Or Gangs of Shitwood. Based of what I've seen so far.

Last edited:

Kindela

Neo Member
Mmmm, linear game, my God how I miss those. It reminds me of the lotr action games, with a bit of Castlevania Lords of shadow. No open world, no side quests, just go forward and progress. Even though it really does seem like a mid 60 game, I would unironically play this over most of the games coming out recently.

Feels like we’ve already seen this game, published by a well known publisher - and it bombed.

It’s a crowded market, and bigger licenses than Robin Hood are even struggling.

Well that was a $30 game, so idk what kind of sales they expected and whether it “bombed” or not.

But it also launched with extremely bare bones content and a very broken character that took months to nerf.

Top Bottom