• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo 5: Release date announcement incoming! THE FINAL COUNTDOWN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
My God, this is really happening!

Hanmik

amar212 said:
No-no, it WILL BE confirmed for Feb 30 2013 after delay of officialy announced Nov 28 2102.

I will make a not in my calendar then.. do you have one with 30 february 2013 in it..?

and btw.. that Black Ops reference Amar.. Well done.. clap clap.

saladine1

saladine1

SolidSnakex said:
Nope, you could hear that the Motul Civic has upgraded engine sounds also in that SSR7 video.
Are you sure the Civic isn't a premium?
When I listed to the difference between GT4 and 5 version I was astounded. The GT5 version of the Vtec bro sound was much,much better then the previous attempt.
Anyway, if you are correct, then all I can say is at last, GT has been perfected in my eyes and ears!

saladine1 said:
Are you sure the Civic isn't a premium?
When I listed to the difference between GT4 and 5 version I was astounded. The GT5 version of the Vtec bro sound was much,much better then the previous attempt.
Anyway, if you are correct, then all I can say is at last, GT has been perfected in my eyes and ears!

I'm pretty certain that it's not a premium car. But you can hear the difference hear

GT4 Motul Civic
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TbuuBQ9US8o

GT5 Motul Civic
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UktcwU2yDQc

Credit to risuku13 from GTplanet.

saladine1

Definately a big difference.
I swear, give me Pole Position graphics but have awesome sound effects and i'll be the happiest person in da worldz!

amar212

SolidSnakex said:
The November 2nd delay was announced around 6 hours from the current time.

Solid, is it polite to ask you about your GT5 releated data-collection?

What do you do, C/P everything, make notes, bookmarks, store links, organize?

Can you share an insight, thanx.

onken

I'd translate it as "it's looks as though the release date will be announced soon". Though "soon" means exactly that. 5 minutes or 5 days, impossible to define.

51S2tfcM5FL.jpg

I like this.

amar212 said:
Solid, is it polite to ask you about your GT5 releated data-collection?

What do you do, C/P everything, make notes, bookmarks, store links, organize?

Can you share an insight, thanx.

I don't have any GT5 bookmarks actually. I just keep two windows to GT.com Japan and GT.com US open all the time. :p The rest of the info I just memorize.

Ashes

SolidSnakex said:
I don't have any GT5 bookmarks actually. I just keep two windows to GT.com Japan and GT.com US open all the time. :p The rest of the info I just memorize.

You sir are a notch short of a genius. Although, Einstein always said, to never reveal your sources. :p

UFRA

Promptly

–adjective
1. done, performed, delivered, etc., at once or without delay: a prompt reply.
2. ready in action; quick to act as occasion demands.
3. quick or alert: prompt to take offense.
4. punctual.

UFRA said:
Promptly

–adjective
4. punctual.

He actually didn't say promptly, that's just one of the online translations that says that. This is his actual response

"It looks like the release date is about to be announced.

http://www.andriasang.com/e/blog/2010/11/12/yamauchi_release_date_announcement/

Big-ass Ramp

hella bullets that's true
UFRA said:
Promptly

–adjective
4. punctual.

yeah, but after being wrung through the translation process, I wouldn't put too much stock on exact meanings of words. Promptly is this case probably is closer to "soon."

BAW

Banned
Pardon me if this has been answered before but, is there an instant way to determine if a car is premium from the buy / selecting screens? I plan to do a premium-only romp through GT5.

UFRA

Ah that's right, I forgot it was a translation.

Hmm, so we're pretty much still getting cockteased at this point since it's yet another "soon" type of comment. (which, coming from Sony/PD can mean 5 hours or 5 weeks)

I just can't take this emotional rollercoaster anymore!!

BAW said:
Pardon me if this has been answered before but, is there an instant way to determine if a car is premium from the buy / selecting screens? I plan to do a premium-only romp through GT5.

If you go into the Car Dealership all cars there will be Premium. The Standard cars are found in the Used Car section.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom