• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GTA V NG |OT| You forget a thousand things every day, make sure Chicago is one of 'em

Floridian

Do it all in first-person mode, so you only have to click the left stick in to sprint. If your stamina is at 100%, you won't run out. It's stupid easy.

Almost everyone will pass you on the bike lap, then you will easily pass everyone else back up on the sprinting section. By a huge margin.

It's stupid easy, it just takes some time. All I did was basically hold the left stick forward and click it in once in a while and got first place easy in about 28 minutes.

It absolutely does not matter that you will drop to like 6th place or whatever during the biking section. You will smoke everyone in the run. They all have to stop and catch their breath once in a while.

I'll try that method then when I get to it.

Try leaving the dead-zone at zero and acceleration at max, it's the aiming sensitivity that you wanna change. Try setting your aiming sensitivity to one third of the bar, or maybe even less. If that still doesn't feel right then keep turning it down a little bit by bit until it feels right. You definitely wanna keep the dead-zone at zero, though.
I found the opposite for Acceleration and Sensitivity. I put Acceleration to almost the lowest at 2 so that the initial split half-second of movement is decreased. This allows finer and more precise small movements. Then, I turned up my Sensitivity from a previous 0 to 5, and this helps speed up the overall aiming movement. This combination means the very first initial movement is a little slower so you can make feather movements to get headshots, but it very quickly accelerates after that so that you can still switch targets at a decent speed.

That was a huge problem last gen without the Acceleration options... if you decreased Sensitivity for more precise aiming, then it was so hard to switch targets. So decreased acceleration helps so much with this. I like it set to 2 but don't go lower because 1 or 0 will drastically change the acceleration from like a split second to 2-3 second.

Also, it affect camera speed, too. So just like I had to turn up my aiming sensitivity from 0 to 5, I change my camera sensitivity from 7 all the way to 13. With Acceleration 2, I found I could still move my camera or aim from 1 side of the screen to the other as fast as before, but instead of doing it at a linear speed, it's slow for the first split second and then quickly accelerates.

Deadzone to 0 of course.

This corpse wearing a 1920s/30s gangster outfit can be found...

In the abandoned mine which was previously un-enterable on 360/PS3. You find the mine near the second off road race, the ones with the SUVs. THere is a bridge that you cross, a small one, in that race... if you look to the left of that bridge, very near the road, you'll see a mine entrance with wooden blocks. Shoot or blow up the blocks and you can go in. The mine is very long but there's nothing in it except for that corpse near the very front, and beside the corpse is a film real with "RICHARDS MAJESTIC" on it. I think this has to match up to the Leonora Johnson murder mystery because the heir to the Richard's Majestic studio was one of the suspects.
First time I found it, I didn't know it was there. I had heard about it but I thought it was in the quarry, so when I did find it there, I didn't know what to expect. I had assumed it was related to the quarry so I was expecting more of an industrial theme inside. So when I saw what was actually in it, the whole exploration of it became way more creepy.

It's pretty cool how when you set of an explosion inside, so much dust falls from the ceiling. Really makes me wish the game had more interiors. Same with that Eye in the Sky mission where you can explore inside that Mission Row police HQ if you start the mission with T instead of F.

Uhhh... Are you fucking kidding me. The only reason I wanted this was to finish my ps3 versions game because I was about done with it. I've been holding off finishing it because I wanted to finish it on PS4. You cant transfer single player?! Who fucking cares about your useless online character. I'm not replaying all that shit...

What a waste. Why did multiple people say you can transfer sp to me... Fuckers.

Dabanton

Uhhh... Are you fucking kidding me. The only reason I wanted this was to finish my ps3 versions game because I was about done with it. I've been holding off finishing it because I wanted to finish it on PS4. You cant transfer single player?! Who fucking cares about your useless online character. I'm not replaying all that shit...

What a waste. Why did multiple people say you can transfer sp to me... Fuckers.

Lol who was telling you that? R* clearly said only MP progress would be transferred over to the next gen versions. You really should have checked.

Lol who was telling you that? R* clearly said only MP progress would be transferred over to the next gen versions. You really should have checked.
I didnt think I would have to check because I heard it so often. I constantly heard, "i'm almost done with sp, but I'll wait for the ps4 version to finish it!". I didn't think that meant start the whole thing over... I remember even Giant Bomb talking about it.

And they kept saying "your progress can be transfered over!" Making a big deal about it. Who cares about your online progression...

Lol. I mean come on, this hyperbole at the best. R* is famous for making one of the best licenced soundtracks (GTA VC and GTA SA) and GTA V is no different. At first I thought that radio selection in V was bad but man, was I wrong. In previous GTAs I always lisened to 2-3 radio stations, now I'm switching from one station to other, and I found new bands/artists and generes I love now. Expand your horizons and don't be scared of trying something different. (Radio Mirror Park is awesome! Yes, I'm hipster)
I have tried something different, and I dislike all of it.
No idea why there isn't a classical station

I didnt think I would have to check because I heard it so often. I constantly heard, "i'm almost done with sp, but I'll wait for the ps4 version to finish it!". I didn't think that meant start the whole thing over... I remember even Giant Bomb talking about it.

And they kept saying "your progress can be transfered over!" Making a big deal about it. Who cares about your online progression...

The majority of people. :p

J4g3r

Anyone encounter Cheevo/trophy glitches? I finished all rampages but did not get the trophy for it.

A bit late to the reply, but I encountered this issue with quite a few trophies.

Playing offline fixed it for me, just replay one of the missions required for the trophy offline and it'll pop.

Raptor

Played more and Im not feeling the game :( instead of enjoying I was only thinking of TLOU lol.

I should give it more time anyway, Im still really early in the game and I dont have guns yet.

DukeBobby

Played more and Im not feeling the game :( instead of enjoying I was only thinking of TLOU lol.

I should give it more time anyway, Im still really early in the game and I dont have guns yet.

You get a gun in, like, the third mission.

Are you still playing as Franklin?

brau

Like poster above me, after probably 70 hours on 360 version, found a random event that I had never found previously... Up in Paleto bay, wandering around with Franklin in that park/beachy area up at the top of the map, I see two red dots and find a couple guys with a woman tied up with guns. I cap them, they have some cash on them, and then I have to free her and give her a lift back to town... and she ends up being a tie-in to GTAIV.

There's also been a few other random encounters that I don't remember. I wish that there were more interesting encounters in the city... it seems like almost all of them are just "Thief stole my wallet," where out in the country, you have some hilarious ones... Like the guy who is late for his wedding, this girl, the guy who crashes his car who needs a lift to the airport, the crew member who crashes her car, etc.

Still, in both versions, never ran into the Packy random event.

Oh, also finally found this last night...

LQnOxIe.jpg

uuZIPPD.jpg

In the abandoned mine which was previously un-enterable on 360/PS3. You find the mine near the second off road race, the ones with the SUVs. THere is a bridge that you cross, a small one, in that race... if you look to the left of that bridge, very near the road, you'll see a mine entrance with wooden blocks. Shoot or blow up the blocks and you can go in. The mine is very long but there's nothing in it except for that corpse near the very front, and beside the corpse is a film real with "RICHARDS MAJESTIC" on it. I think this has to match up to the Leonora Johnson murder mystery because the heir to the Richard's Majestic studio was one of the suspects.

He looks like Stubs the zombie.

Stubbs-The-Zombie-psd71058.png

antitrop

You really need at least 5 hours to form a proper first impression. Probably more like 10, even.

Raptor

You get a gun in, like, the third mission.

Are you still playing as Franklin?

I just got to play as Michael and beated up Simeon.

You really need at least 5 hours to form a proper first impression. Probably more like 10, even.

This is what I Was thinking, maybe give a proper ten hours and go from there if Im not feeling it then is not for me, I remember RDR clicked imediatly for me.

Try leaving the dead-zone at zero and acceleration at max, it's the aiming sensitivity that you wanna change. Try setting your aiming sensitivity to one third of the bar, or maybe even less. If that still doesn't feel right then keep turning it down a little bit by bit until it feels right.

You definitely wanna keep the dead-zone at zero, though.

I had the camera deadzone all the way down and it caused the camera to move slightly while my hands were off the sticks. (XB1). I had to tweak it and put the deadzone setting up a tiny bit to get it to stop. Could just be my controller though. On PS4 I don't have a problem at all.

Now I can't decide if I should finish it on PS3 or just forget about the game entirely and sell it. I really don't want to play through 60 missions again... Also all the side crap I did. Blah. Would it really be that hard to transfer sp data?

Scoot2005

Banned
So I did the nuclear waste management job and I don't see any of the money that I should have been getting. Is this a bug or will it pop up later?

Now I can't decide if I should finish it on PS3 or just forget about the game entirely and sell it. I really don't want to play through 60 missions again... Also all the side crap I did. Blah. Would it really be that hard to transfer sp data?
Play the fucking game again dude, jesus its not that big of a deal, most people in this thread have been loving their second playthrough with the new graphics.

Who the hell buys a 60 dollar game JUST to complete the final missions? What a waste.

BashNasty

I would say that many people had no interest in transferring single player progress. I'm sure it would be easy to do, but R* clearly wants players to fully experience the more vibrant, highly improved world. A big part of that is experiencing the story again. If I had been given the option to transfer my multi hundred hour single player save, I would have declined.

Horohoro

Like poster above me, after probably 70 hours on 360 version, found a random event that I had never found previously... Up in Paleto bay, wandering around with Franklin in that park/beachy area up at the top of the map, I see two red dots and find a couple guys with a woman tied up with guns. I cap them, they have some cash on them, and then I have to free her and give her a lift back to town... and she ends up being a tie-in to GTAIV.

There's also been a few other random encounters that I don't remember. I wish that there were more interesting encounters in the city... it seems like almost all of them are just "Thief stole my wallet," where out in the country, you have some hilarious ones... Like the guy who is late for his wedding, this girl, the guy who crashes his car who needs a lift to the airport, the crew member who crashes her car, etc.

Still, in both versions, never ran into the Packy random event.

Oh, also finally found this last night...

LQnOxIe.jpg

uuZIPPD.jpg

Heh I was gonna ask if it was Jimmy Hoffa or something lol.... then I read the spoiler...

Floridian

Do it all in first-person mode, so you only have to click the left stick in to sprint. If your stamina is at 100%, you won't run out. It's stupid easy.

Almost everyone will pass you on the bike lap, then you will easily pass everyone else back up on the sprinting section. By a huge margin.

It's stupid easy, it just takes some time. All I did was basically hold the left stick forward and click it in once in a while and got first place easy in about 28 minutes.

It absolutely does not matter that you will drop to like 6th place or whatever during the biking section. You will smoke everyone in the run. They all have to stop and catch their breath once in a while.

Yo thanks for the advice, it worked. Finished 1st at 26:40, and it made the swimming part a helluva lot easier.

shiba5

Yo thanks for the advice, it worked. Finished 1st at 26:40, and it made the swimming part a helluva lot easier.

Same. It was so easy this time. The game sure does cheat during the bike part. I left them so far behind during the swim, and the next thing I know they not only catch up but keep passing me.

Stoof

Does anyone know why GTA starts with a new game every time it loads for me? I have to manually pick the save I'm playing on each time and it's just a little annoying.

I really love the conversations between Lamar and Franklin :D Hilarious ^^
especially after lamar down... go out to the great plain beyond where little squaw bitches want him to nut on their face aaaaall day

and he's wearing socks with slide sandals on a bike lol too good

antitrop

Same. It was so easy this time. The game sure does cheat during the bike part. I left them so far behind during the swim, and the next thing I know they not only catch up but keep passing me.

Ya, I thought I was doing something wrong during the biking part and had to look up a discussion on the triathlon on GameFAQs and I found that it's normal to fall behind there.

todahawk

The snow looks pretty bad imo :\

ya know, i thought it looked a lot better after i did the boneyard survival. it kinda stormed and had the wind and snow blowing while we were shooting up the rednecks. then the choppers came. snow crunching under feet, snow peeking through the falling snow as the sun came up. it looked good out there.

NotBacon

What? Just play it again. Isn't the reason you buy a game, to play? Amazing graphics, new missions, crazy draw distance, FIRST FUCKING PERSON mode, etc.

Oh and give Online a shot. I thought it was dumb and confusing at first, then I hit about level 10 and holy shit.

SJRB

Jeez the lighting on the snow is amazing.

This once again reinforces my wishes for the next GTA going for a winter setting, similar to Mafia 2. So good.

Anyone got any ideas?

I haven't played GTAV online for about a week.

Today I try, and press square to go online and get a message that I should play the prologue first, and it dumps me back to single player but at the right point in single player progression.

So then I quit and try again, this time I get the message about character transfer .. a previous account at rockstar social blah de blah, and it shows me my old account from PS3 GTA5 with no money and low level. Do I want to transfer it or start new?

so I just quit again.

What do I do here, and what went wrong?

Rockstar social club site shows my complete character, stats, etc etc.

But from the game perspective, I've never played online before on the PS4, so it is offering to transfer my ps3 account over or start a new one..

Play the fucking game again dude, jesus its not that big of a deal, most people in this thread have been loving their second playthrough with the new graphics.

Who the hell buys a 60 dollar game JUST to complete the final missions? What a waste.
Eh, you guys are right. I'm playing it again. Kind of nice going through it all again.

Just hope I dont get burnt out before the end.

yeah it's pretty gorgeous. love the examples below.

should be no ads... i quickly turned them off

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tc1iFiW7QbY

also on this one skip to 6:30

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=crz4omQSCU0

it makes some of the story scenes pretty cool when the story itself involves a 'fire' and you get this awesome big grass fire

technically grass fire spread last gen too but there was a lot less grass and the effect often seems spotty and random (even though it wasn't) cuz it sort of skipped over flat grass textures and in general there was far less grass. it looks and spreads much more smoothly now.

Top Bottom