• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guilty Gear Strive coming to Xbox game pass March 7th

anthony2690

IMG-20230303-095842269.jpg

£29.98 if you want to buy to own.

I hope my fellow Xbox/game pass players give the game a real chance, it's a great little fighting game.

It has crossplay with playstation and pc users too, so it should be fairly healthy online.

My personal gripes with the game are:
No Johnny
No Slayer
Terrible lobby system.

March has turned out to be an excellent game pass month for me personally between this and wo long. :)

Last edited:

Lasha

Gorgeous graphics, tight gameplay, excellent netplay, and cross play. GGST is a great entry into 2D fighters. The best matches are found in the park outside of the tower ranking system though. Don't be afraid to challenge randos and run long sets to learn.

STARSBarry

IMG-20230303-095842269.jpg

£29.98 if you want to buy to own.

I hope my fellow Xbox/game pass players give the game a real chance, it's a great little fighting game.

It has crossplay with playstation and pc users too, so it should be fairly healthy online.

My personal gripes with the game are:
No Johnny
No Slayer
Terrible lobby system.

March has turned out to be an excellent game pass month for me personally between this and wo long. :)

I can't wait to see the popularity poles in future games for characters they want added... suspect the old favorite will have dropped off like a stone for future releases...

anthony2690

I can't wait to see the popularity poles in future games for characters they want added... suspect the old favorite will have dropped off like a stone for future releases...
Do they still do them polls for UK/USA/JAPAN?

I hope Johnny & Slayer return, I'd also personally like to see A.B.A return too.

& Hopefully Zappa is forever forgotten 😁

Hoppa

Great game! Also want to see Slayer, I could’ve sworn he and Jam were leaked as DLC a while ago ? Might have been fake

STARSBarry

Do they still do them polls for UK/USA/JAPAN?

I hope Johnny & Slayer return, I'd also personally like to see A.B.A return too.

& Hopefully Zappa is forever forgotten 😁

They seem to do it at the release of every new game based on the launch roster vs what people want to see in the season passes.

I would assume the first 3 or so characters are already set, but they do seem to effect later releases

However it will be intresting to see how...

dfdlXdv.jpg

Giraffe neck does in future from now...

I assume they purposely hold back Baiken these days to sell Season Passes because they have to know by now how popular she is with literally everyone.

G83SP0g.gif

Last edited:

anthony2690

They seem to do it at the release of every new game based on the launch roster vs what people want to see in the season passes.

I would assume the first 3 or so characters are already set, but they do seem to effect later releases

However it will be intresting to see how...

dfdlXdv.jpg

Giraffe neck does in future from now...

I assume they purposely hold back Baiken these days to sell Season Passes because they have to know by now how popular she is with literally everyone.

G83SP0g.gif
It's funny though, Baiken is popular in these polls but no one plays her online. (Well going off xrd)

Same with Dizzy.

Then again with strive being a much simpler game to pick up and play, maybe there is more Baiken's online now?

Also any chance you have the strive poll results?

STARSBarry

It's funny though, Baiken is popular in these polls but no one plays her online. (Well going off xrd)

Same with Dizzy.

Then again with strive being a much simpler game to pick up and play, maybe there is more Baiken's online now?

Also any chance you have the strive poll results?
Release it was

4Mj1lP1.jpg

After season pass 1 it was

6fCE8CV.jpg

Intresting fact with Bridget release is that it brought the largest increase in twitch viewership and the largest increase in players for a character release, but only gathered from Steam DB (which is what all the journalists used at the time to declare Bridget the greatest addition to the game) this was however only 800 players higher than Baiken who if you look at the twitch chart...

hPlGiYA.jpg

Despite this being a huge event with all eyes on it, didn't really translate into players... it also turned into lowest returning amount afterwards, people didn't come back essentially afterwards.

Sure this will be a big bump from gamepass though.

Last time these where crunched for players are quite low as it was found more people play online on PC than console, might even those numbers on gamepass.

Last edited:

anthony2690

Release it was

4Mj1lP1.jpg

After season pass 1 it was

6fCE8CV.jpg

Intresting fact with Bridget release is that it brought the largest increase in twitch viewership and the largest increase in players for a character release, but only gathered from Steam DB (which is what all the journalists used at the time to declare Bridget the greatest addition to the game) this was however only 800 players higher than Baiken who if you look at the twitch chart...

hPlGiYA.jpg

Despite this being a huge event with all eyes on it, didn't really translate into players... it also turned into lowest returning amount afterwards, people didn't come back essentially afterwards.

Sure this will be a big bump from gamepass though.

[/URL]

Last time these where crunched for players are quite low as it was found more people play online on PC than console, might even those numbers on gamepass.
Oh wow, I'm surprised a lot of of regions want Slayer, Johnny and A.B.A back too (genuinely surprised by A.B.A) hopefully they come back to strive :)

I assume the game is still very active online right? Looking forward to diving in :)

I would imagine majority of the player base is PS4? I could be wrong though.

STARSBarry

Oh wow, I'm surprised a lot of of regions want Slayer, Johnny and A.B.A back too (genuinely surprised by A.B.A) hopefully they come back to strive :)

I assume the game is still very active online right? Looking forward to diving in :)

I would imagine majority of the player base is PS4? I could be wrong though.

Last time it was checked (end of season 1 before season 2) it was actually around 55% Steam 45% PlayStation (both PS4/PS5 combined)

It's now crossplay so you have full access to the userbase, so your looking at around 10k total at its peaks (new characters) and around 3-4k total at its lows. Its best to come in with the Xbox surge to make sure you have a fun time online.

Last edited:

anthony2690

Last time it was checked (end of season 1 before season 2) it was actually around 55% Steam 45% PlayStation (both PS4/PS5 combined)

It's now crossplay so you have full access to the userbase, so your looking at around 10k total at its peaks (new characters) and around 3-4k total at its lows. Its best to come in with the Xbox surge to make sure you have a fun time online.
I'm jumping into strive with Xbox, my first go with the game was with the network test on Xbox a couple weeks ago.

I'm looking forward too it :)

& I'm surprised at the split tbh.

RickMasters

Oooooooh...... a lot of people gonna rage quit!....I hope it has cross platform play... when it comes to whoopin ass on fighting games im like phil spencer....I think everybody should get their ass kicked by me on fighting games, regardless of where and what they play on...why limit the ass whoopin to just xbox users? all of you can get a good serving of ass whoopin equally and all be happy about it. why should just xbox owners get the privelage of losing to me? everybody can get whooped the same way. Im not prejudice.

And while im here...I claim hereby claim the throne of king of fighting game players on the GAF, for myself.

RickMasters

You gonna be lickin all over my yo-yo
Nah...Ill make high light footage out of you...Ill make share button worthy footage out of the both of you. And deep down you both know it too. Be honest.

jeez..... all this fighting game talk.....got me in the mood now! ..gonna go play the beta and practice. If I run into any of you guys, dont take it personally...I beat everybody that badly. We cool tho! :messenger_sunglasses:

reksveks

Downloading it now. Browsed the store page and daaaaaayummmmmm they want $50 for each season pass???!!!
Yeah, seems like a US store issue. In the UK locale, I think it's 30 gbp for the base game, then roughly 20 gbp per season pass.

Weirdly the US bundles do match roughly the UK prices. 79.99 usd for the game and season one and two.

anthony2690

Looked at the dlc + extra content stuff and said fuck it, used my street fighter 6 preorder funds and got the £57 ultimate edition.

Just means I need to get my street fighter 6 preorder funds back in my account before June.

A little annoying, as I thought Xbox took the funds when you preorder games, I guess this has since changed as I'm able to freely spend the funds XD

Last edited:

H4ze

I suck at fighting games but I'll give it a try on GP. Always wanted to test a GG game, can't wit to get beaten into rage

Nah...Ill make high light footage out of you...Ill make share button worthy footage out of the both of you. And deep down you both know it too. Be honest.

jeez..... all this fighting game talk.....got me in the mood now! ..gonna go play the beta and practice. If I run into any of you guys, dont take it personally...I beat everybody that badly. We cool tho! :messenger_sunglasses:
Lol. Just taking shit. I don't know how to play that game. Bridget is my character for now though.

splattered

Yeah definitely buying ultimate edition... no way i would buy base game for $40 and then season passes for $54 each haha what is that mess? Dead or Alive territory...

A.Romero

I was hyped for this and it was released last night on my territory so I installed a played for a bit (not a lot of time lately).

I have a pretty capable PC but I noticed some stutter when starting fights. For example the tutorial battle between Kye and Sol starts with a shot of a white bird flying and it always stutters there. There is also some screen tearing. Anyone else seeing this?

I'm playing on a 1600k, 32ram, 3070 RTX set up on a C1 screen (G-sync).

Other than that the game is great as it always is with GG.

Boots_the_God

Neo Member
I was hyped for this and it was released last night on my territory so I installed a played for a bit (not a lot of time lately).

I have a pretty capable PC but I noticed some stutter when starting fights. For example the tutorial battle between Kye and Sol starts with a shot of a white bird flying and it always stutters there. There is also some screen tearing. Anyone else seeing this?

I'm playing on a 1600k, 32ram, 3070 RTX set up on a C1 screen (G-sync).

Other than that the game is great as it always is with GG.
It’s had that stutter issue on the bird loading screen (and sometimes the character select screen) since launch.

A.Romero

It’s had that stutter issue on the bird loading screen (and sometimes the character select screen) since launch.

I see. Thanks for the info.

I also noticed tearing during the story mode.

Not game breaking at all, just seemed weird given that it is not supposed to be that demanding.

Orbital2060

Looked at the dlc + extra content stuff and said fuck it, used my street fighter 6 preorder funds and got the £57 ultimate edition.

Just means I need to get my street fighter 6 preorder funds back in my account before June.

A little annoying, as I thought Xbox took the funds when you preorder games, I guess this has since changed as I'm able to freely spend the funds XD

Unless it has changed recently, pre orders on xbox are charged 10 days before release.

Last edited:

STARSBarry

Eh DNF Duel was cool, but kinda came and went. The support for that title was really bad lol.

Yeah, I had a ton of fun but it just came out with what it had and that was that. I am super happy that Granblue Fantasy Versus is getting a second chance though.

Last edited:

Celcius

°Temp. member
Make sure you guys play through the story mode too, it’s excellent. Sometimes I go back and play though the Xrd story mode too in Sign and Revelator.

KXVXII9X

I'm so ready! Played the crossplay test thing and loved it. I am not great at fighting games and been playing them forever and get frustrated. This seems like the best balance between beginner friendly while still being complex enough. It is one of the best animated fighting games out there and it really makes it fun to play through. The art direction is really strong. The only other Guilty Gear game I played was Xrd, which I really liked, but I really love the changes Strive made. I hope the next games have even more single player content.

Arsic

Yeah, I had a ton of fun but it just came out with what it had and that was that. I am super happy that Granblue Fantasy Versus is getting a second chance though.
Granblue got dealt dirty with Covid and no roll back netcode.

It had the best roster and mechanics of all the “easy to get into” fighters we’ve been getting the past few years.

Fingers crossed this sequel does well because I’m there day one, but the truth is street fighter 6 is going to eat every other fighters lunch for a long while…

Maybe it is just me, but when I played the beta it felt like I was air dashing with a parachute on. This definitely does not feel as fun as XX. Also, I am not content with the roster or redesigns.

P.S. Street Fighter 6 does not look promising enough aesthetically and mechanics-wise to scratch the same itch as anime fighters.

Last edited:
Maybe it is just me, but when I played the beta it felt like I was air dashing with a parachute on. This definitely does not feel as fun as XX. Also, I am not content with the roster or redesigns.

P.S. Street Fighter 6 does not look promising enough aesthetically and mechanics-wise to scratch the same itch as anime fighters.

Sf6 looks incredible aesthetically

Batiman

There’s no traditional SP mode here. You just watch anime cut scenes in engine for a few hours.
Was so disappointed with this. I heard the story mode was great from someone here and bought the game on PS4. I kept waiting and waiting for the gameplay in the story mode only to find out on google there isn’t any…

Last edited:
Top Bottom