• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guitar Hero Live |OT| Not a Band Game

Does anyone else have problems with the trophy for all sets in live mode completed as "awesome"? All sets show "awesome" for me, but the trophy doesn't pop. Will try to play all songs awesome and see if that helps...

yep, I know what your issue is

You have to replay that set with Fallout Boy song on regular difficulty. When you play it during the very start of the game (the first set you play), it's set to easy. So you probably got "awesome" on it but not on regular difficulty.

Oynox

Does the daily reward actually increase? Though it says that it gets more every day, only the first tier is highlighted everyday I start GHTV.

More game regarding:

Which are the best guitar upgrades in your opinion? I upgraded the points per note first, then multiplicator speed and max multiplier. I left out Hero Power since I rarely use it.

I have the feeling that the max multiplier upgrade is really, really worth it. Alone the 5x gives me quite a boost over others, even if I am doing bad.

By the way, which difficulty did you choose? Advanced is quite challenging to me, however, normal is way too easy. For me difficulty in GH is always strange. Normal, or middle is too easy, but one level up, it is really challenging.

http://theherofeed.com/6072/guitar-hero-tv-adds-new-premium-shows/

New Premium Shows:

"Legendary Headliners"

Fall Out Boy - Sugar, We're Going Down
Blink-182 - First Date
Paramore - Monster

"Pop Goes GHTV"

American Authors – Believer
The 1975 – Chocolate
George Ezra – Budapest

New Catalog Songs:

Survivor - Eye of The Tiger
Queen - We Are The Champions
The Strokes - Reptilia
Foster The People - Don't Stop (Color on the Walls)
Disturbed - Stricken
Interpol - All the Rage Back Home

If you played the previous Premium Shows, your scores do carry over to the leaderboard.
Avenged Sevenfold's Premium Show still has another day to go.

MORE PARAMORE AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
Whenever I get Guitar Hero Live, sooooo much Paramore is gonna get got! Can't wait for it and I'm glad TV is being updated!

Smarty86

yep, I know what your issue is

You have to replay that set with Fallout Boy song on regular difficulty. When you play it during the very start of the game (the first set you play), it's set to easy. So you probably got "awesome" on it but not on regular difficulty.

Played the few remaining songs with awesome status, but the problem was apparently not the set with fallout boy since i only replayed 3 other sets and the trophy popped. But maybe you are still right and i switched to easy in another set, didn't check that. Thanks anyway.

I guess that's how GHTV will work for updates then. Six songs in the Premium Shows and then after 10 days or whatever they get added to the rotation.

finally getting the hang of normal, I'm guessing it bombed pretty bad on wiiu. even getting 90% notes on casual (30k'Ish) puts you in top 5000

FrsDvl

So for those who care, the Weezer performance recorded for Guitar Hero, will be streamed in full tonight at 8PM local time on iHeartRadio

So hopefully this means it'll drop on GHTV soon as well.

I'm very interested in this game. I mainly play Rock Band and have an extensive library of songs on it but I don't know if I want another Rock Band game that doesn't change the formula. I'm leaning towards GH but I have a few questions:

1. Does the game give you less tokens as you play the game? Become complicated?
2. New music added has to have a music video right? A song that has no music video can't be in the game?
3. How good is the online connectivity on GHTV? Disconnecting issues?

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Are the guitars multi platform? I'm thinking of getting a second one but wanting to know if I can get it on whatever is cheapest.
No. Well apparently the guitars are, but the adapters are not so unless they sell those separately, you're kind of stuck.

I'm very interested in this game. I mainly play Rock Band and have an extensive library of songs on it but I don't know if I want another Rock Band game that doesn't change the formula. I'm leaning towards GH but I have a few questions:

1. Does the game give you less tokens as you play the game? Become complicated?
2. New music added has to have a music video right? A song that has no music video can't be in the game?
3. How good is the online connectivity on GHTV? Disconnecting issues?
The new guitar is interesting enough to make the game more fun for me to play, especially since a lot of songs aren't available in RB4 yet.

You seem to get 3 tokens per level, but I think there are only 20 levels? So I don't know what happens when you hit the cap.

No idea.

And you do seem to need a good connection for GH TV. It also takes over a gig of bandwidth an hour.

https://blog.activision.com/communi.../guitar-hero-live-all-access-weekend-november

Free all-access to the song catalog this weekend. Also details on the new premium shows we knew about.

Artists for new songs confirmed too: Iggy Pop, Judas Priest, Bully, Leon Bridges, Biffy Clyro, Weezer, Rival Sons, St. Vincent, Alice in Chains, System of a Down, Bring Me The Horizon

This is the kind of stuff Activision needs to do regularly that shows why GHTV can be a fantastic system. I've already enjoyed the heck out of it, I'll really enjoy being able to cruise through and practice some stuff this weekend for free.

FrsDvl

https://blog.activision.com/communi.../guitar-hero-live-all-access-weekend-november

Free all-access to the song catalog this weekend. Also details on the new premium shows we knew about.

Artists for new songs confirmed too: Iggy Pop, Judas Priest, Bully, Leon Bridges, Biffy Clyro, Weezer, Rival Sons, St. Vincent, Alice in Chains, System of a Down, Bring Me The Horizon
Fucking rad! Gonna level up to 20 this weekend and get some more trophies. I love this game.

DagsJT

Picked this up earlier after getting RB4 last night and I've got to say I like the tracks in GHL a lot more. Also I can't get my wife off the guitar, she's really enjoying the TV mode and currently on a pop run. I can see this working well and a lot better than I initially expected.

Damn..and here I thought I would be on Black Ops 3 all weekend, lol.

Awesome news. Good opportunity to work on that 1000 note streak trophy.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Pretty sure that won't work. You'll have to earn three stars after the premium show becomes available, it won't count what you did before.
Oh crap, really? That's lame. :/
Then at some point you're really paying to play those shows. Well, unless you grind and never upgrade your guitar.

Yeah, but the whole point of making everyone cap at a pretty low level is kinda scummy then.
Gotta get you to buy hero cash somehow.

Do you still get coins?

Yes, but I still don't have all the upgrades, so I'm not going to waste them on anything else. I mean I don't need to play a certain song at any time so in the end I'm fine with it. But it looks like they try to force you into microtransactions in the "end game" (which is totally the wrong term, they could just raise the cap to infinity like PvZ etc.), when there's not much left to do except going for highscores in individual songs.
That's a little meh.

There was a title update today on PS4 with a vague promise of bug fixes. Hopefully that includes the daily login coin bonus.

Yes, but I still don't have all the upgrades, so I'm not going to waste them on anything else. I mean I don't need to play a certain song at any time so in the end I'm fine with it. But it looks like they try to force you into microtransactions in the "end game" (which is totally the wrong term, they could just raise the cap to infinity like PvZ etc.), when there's not much left to do except going for highscores in individual songs.
That's a little meh.
Or playing for the fun of it. Sometimes I wish there was no upgrade path at all.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Or playing for the fun of it. Sometimes I wish there was no upgrade path at all.
At least the coins you get seems to be based purely on performance rather than on score or rank. But yeah, it's hard to buy songs when the guitar upgrades are so expensive. Heck, you don't even know if your score is good or not until you get all 4 upgrades. And even then you need to buy the highway power ups anyway.

Oynox

I hope those "free weekends" become something similar to double XP weekends for shooters and alike. That would be awesome.

deoee

Free Weekend = super greato
AU7Amsc.gif

Top Bottom