• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

H3H3Productions |OT| Reppin' the Naysh \//\

RainForce

Banned
Just found out semi-regular guest Psychicpebbles is friends with Emily Youcis, aka the "Pistachio Girl" that got fired from her job as a nut vendor at Phillies games for being a white supremacist psychopath.

Incredibly disappointing and I don't know if I can look at the guy the same way. I wonder what Ethan thinks of it since Emily talks about Jewish conspiracies all the time and is a pretty vocal Holocaust denier.

Fat4all

Banned
YOU KNOW this one's real.

solid blowjob face

200_s.gif

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Maan, I know most prank videos are fake, but this one didn't even try.

Especially the "dad". "Yep, this random stranger is making out with my daughter. Just going to stand here."

Maximo

What the fuck looks more professional then the office they record in, already listen to alot of Podcasts but im interested. Seriously again what the hell looks better then 90% of Podasts and they arent on Patreon.
CzwB2__VQAEvgya.jpg

Aiii

So not worth it
this is probably gonna offend some you guys again https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T77frLL_bsg

Reasonable video. It is weird that women get triggered by the fact that men cannot close their legs to the point that every guy that even reasonably sits is offensive to them. There is some biology at work here too, of course. Like there is the guy that they show in the backseat of a car that has his knees next to the side of the seat ahead of him, which he has to do because else his knees are lodged into the back of the seat, it simply won't fit. If that is one of your examples, you know you're reaching.

I remember a woman on a planeride in front of me continously trying to put her seat back, into my knees, and failing and then looking back at me, annoyed. And then finally when I went to the bathroom she got her chance. I couldn't sit properly for the rest of the trip just so she could lie back. And I am sure she figured I was being an asshole. I am 1,86m lady, and airplanes have limited space. I cannot saw my legs off for you.

God, now I'm triggered, thanks Ethan, great moves.

That manspreading video is beyond stupid. Even by Buzzfeed standards.

Yeah there are so many more important issues affecting women than manspreading its more harmful to feminists to release a video like this than it helps. Buzzfeed don't care, they just want views.

Here's the thing.... in plenty of instances feminists use their anatomical differences to support their arguments. "WE have breasts, WE have periods, We have different needs." but in that video they conveniently completely diminish the complications that come with having a penis and 2 sensitive testicles between a mans legs that makes it a little more challenging for men to clinch their legs together like these Buzzfeed feminists so passive aggressively want men to do. I respect a woman's anatomical differences from men and the complications that come with it, but these feminists need to also respect a man's anatomical differences and its complications.

Sure some men (and women) can be super obnoxious and spread more than they need to, but I feel like I can defend manspreading without being labeled as a redpill sexist anti-feminist. (not that any of you guys have or would do that, but this is GAF so...)

Although I did laugh when that woman said "I have so many vivid memories as a child of my mom telling me to close my legs". She said it in a serious tone and probably had no idea why that could have a double meaning. Made me lol

Oreoleo

Here's the thing.... in plenty of instances feminists use their anatomical differences to support their arguments. "WE have breasts, WE have periods, We have different needs." but in that video they conveniently completely diminish the complications that come with having a penis and 2 sensitive testicles between a mans legs that makes it a little more challenging for men to clinch their legs together like these Buzzfeed feminists so passive aggressively want men to do. I respect a woman's anatomical differences from men and the complications that come with it, but these feminists need to also respect a man's anatomical differences and its complications.

The truly sad thing is they would handwave away this totally logical argument by calling it 'mansplaining.' You can't win with these people.

The truly sad thing is they would handwave away this totally logical argument by calling it 'mansplaining.' You can't win with these people.

I have yet to see an example in debate where the woman retorts with "You're mansplaining" and wins the argument. I've only seen that retort as a last ditch effort, when they've lost the argument and have nothing else to contribute. If I'm wrong I would love to see an example

I'd never heard of manspreading or mansplaining until the last couple of days. The more you know, I suppose. As far as I go, when I'm on a packed train or something I do my best to allow as much room as possible for the people around me but you can sure as shit be sure when there's plenty of room like there seems to be in a bunch of those examples on the buzzfeed vid im going manspread my life away.

kami_sama

I'd never heard of manspreading or mansplaining until the last couple of days. The more you know, I suppose. As far as I go, when I'm on a packed train or something I do my best to allow as much room as possible for the people around me but you can sure as shit be sure when there's plenty of room like there seems to be in a bunch of those examples on the buzzfeed vid im going manspread my life away.

That's the thing. If the train's packed and you make an effort to spread your legs, you're an asshole, nothing more, nothing less. Nothing to do with Mansplaining.

m23

It's hilarious that this is even that big of an issue. As someone who takes the bus and subway to work each day, there are many more problematic situations. People wearing back packs and not taking them off for one...that goes both for men and women.

I'm not exactly sure why, but I'm really excited for this Podcast/Talk Show.

Now if I could only get some more 'whats in the box' from Idubzzz as well...

jorma

is now taking requests
It's hilarious that this is even that big of an issue. As someone who takes the bus and subway to work each day, there are many more problematic situations. People wearing back packs and not taking them off for one...that goes both for men and women.

It's hilarious that it was made out to be a huge issue, yet in 7 days of trekking around the public transfer system they only really managed to find one dude that clearly overdid his manspreading. None of the rest were over the top or encroached their neighbours space.

y2dvd

It's not a big issue. It's a buzzfeed issue that they are trying to make a thing. Wide spreading is a thing, but most of those guys in the video weren't even taking up much space or actually facing away from their neighbors to give them more space.

Oreoleo

I have yet to see an example in debate where the woman retorts with "You're mansplaining" and wins the argument. I've only seen that retort as a last ditch effort, when they've lost the argument and have nothing else to contribute. If I'm wrong I would love to see an example

You misunderstand me. I don't mean to suggest it's a valid retort but rather that they would fall back on that to preserve their worldview and convince themselves that they are still right, despite all evidence to the contrary.

That's the thing. If the train's packed and you make an effort to spread your legs, you're an asshole, nothing more, nothing less. Nothing to do with Mansplaining.
There's a difference between making an effort to spread your legs and take up as much space as possible and.. just being comfortable in a not-particularly crowded subway/bus when it's not affecting anyone else. Which is what was largely happening in that Buzzfeed video.

Aiii

So not worth it
Err... this feels like Ethan is stretching for that faux outrage angle for views. He's smart enough to get what the video is getting at. It's not above reproach or being made fun of, especially considering how shit it is, but he's being really obtuse in responding to some of the valid points made.

Some of the valid points that state all white males as a whole should feel bad for? No, that video is stigmatising, generalising, bullshit. There is no excusing it. Ethan was right in that just because it isn't generalising a minority group that it is suddenly okay.

T.O.P

Banned
Err... this feels like Ethan is stretching for that faux outrage angle for views. He's smart enough to get what the video is getting at. It's not above reproach or being made fun of, especially considering how shit it is, but he's being really obtuse in responding to some of the valid points made.

source.gif

Top Bottom