• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Haunted Mansion Teaser - 2023

Salz01

New teaser for the Disney movie.

IMHO, it looks straight up trash. Owen Wilson looks bored, Rosario Dawson seems out of place, not sure wtf Danny Devito is doing.

Some of the sets look cool. That’s about it. Looks like a straight to Dplus addition but it’s coming to theaters.

Kadve

Sorry Owen. But you already starred in a crappy remake of a haunted house movie. And if you failed then i don't see how you will succeed now.

The_Haunting_film.jpg
oh0oduu7zp221.jpg

As if the Eddie Murphy movie wasn't bad enough that was released a couple of decades ago or so. This looks just as bad if not worse.

Why even bother?

Last edited:

RoboFu

One of the green rats
Could be fun but the haunted mansion ip really needs a charismatic lead to bring it up to a commercial level. Like even though pirates otc had pirates it still needed a Johnny depp to push into a top commercial level. Owen Wilson .. even if he was the lead doesn’t have that pull let alone lakeith stanfeild who I like but isn’t charismatic enough to carry a film like this.

Wow, I had completely forgotten that Guillermo Del Toro was trying to get this made like 10 years ago. Judging by the trailer, it seems he no longer has any involvement because it looks on par with the Eddie Murphy version.

Pejo

Disney just doesn't give a fuck anymore, do they?
I still believe that this recent round of remakes/live action fims are just ways for them to hold on to the IP so it never ever goes public domain. Disney is the #1 fucker of copyright laws in the US.

jason10mm

I still believe that this recent round of remakes/live action fims are just ways for them to hold on to the IP so it never ever goes public domain. Disney is the #1 fucker of copyright laws in the US.

I think you are correct about Disney locking down "their spin" on stuff, like the bits of The Little Mermaid that they invented versus stuff from the original story. I hope this means they are giving up on freezing the public domain entirely, just focusing on their content and largely stripping the other stuff out (Like the 2 recent jungle books or pinocchios).

Last edited:

MrMephistoX

As if the Eddie Murphy movie wasn't bad enough that was released a couple of decades ago or so. This looks just as bad if not worse.

Why even bother?
Haunted Mansion is at least campy and self serious AF to the point where now it’s actually so bad it’s turned the corner to being good kind of like Adam West’s Batman: I’ll watch anything with Terrance Stamp. This seems just bad.

Last edited:
Top Bottom