• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

I miss Professor Layton

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
I know these games were basically crafted around the DS and 3DS's touch screen, but I miss these games. There are lots of modern puzzle/visual novels, but I don't feel like any of them quite capture the charm of Level 5's amazing characters and settings. The puzzles were fun and engaging. Getting / using hint coins was also a good mechanic. These came out when my kids were in grade school and high school, and I have a lot of fun memories of helping them progress through the games.

Is there anything modern out that kind of fills this niche? Or should I just stick to playing the same puzzles and adventures over again?

anthony2690

2480c7045639720e0e746d21ca43ec6e--jouer-true-gentleman.jpg

diffusionx

The primary reason I ended up getting a DS (long after they came out, but still) was an ad with one of the puzzles for Layton. Awesome games, love them, not sure they fit on any current console or even a phone. They’re just perfect for the DS/3DS.

I've got 2 Laytons for the 3DS. Yea would be neat to see a Switch version with more production value.

I recently played a Puzzle game on Gamepass that came out within the past 2 months or so. I can't remember the title. Alice shadow? Gears of Alice?, was alice even in the title?
You play as a little girl that can move in and out of the shadows to solve puzzles. Similar to the old Contrast game but with way way more puzzles.

Last edited:

Cyberpunkd

Yes, super excited as well. Layton has been with me for more than a decade now in important moments of my life. Great to see a new game is coming.

Alexios

Cores, shaders and BIOS oh my!
That layton teaser was in-engine yes? Or did it look like CG? Please in-engine cos that looked stupendous in the way ni no kuni did. And Steampunk derivatives are the best, like Sakura Wars setting.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Play-Asia lists the release date in Japan as June 30th, 2023. I wonder how accurate that might be

Top Bottom