• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ILL - new trailer

SenjutsuSage

Halo TV Series Promoter - Live from: Reach
All these damn horror games!!!!!!!!!

7b9888ca-2a9a-4b77-a824-603b28bc305e_text.gif

Yeaaaah this is just a techo demo, from a bunch of Russians ? I think they just keep posting these and their patreon to get attention so they can actually make the game seen in these footages. This is not real gameplay and purely cinematics as to how they envision their product

DavidGzz

I'm confused, Is it the graphics or the gameplay that appear fake to you? I remember seeing this game before and the oddest thing to me was that the shotgun is facing left when he fires it in front of him.

Cause it blows the socks off Callisto Protocol when it comes to hit animations and body deformation. There is a glitchiness to Callisto where you can tell it's a game. This looks way too smooth.

Tomi

What is the reason behind all this horror games in development lately?
This is starting to be too much

Eiknarf

'Gameplay'. It's a camera animation made in UE Sequencer. But it looks disturbing, no doubt.
Yeah that’s what I just discovered

Hey guys, pardon my ignorance, but why can’t developers make something like the ILL footage we see ?

Can’t they make the character models and render em in 3D? Can’t they build the environments to look like that? Can’t they make the hit animations look like they do in those shotgun blasts?

Those three things are what’re making us all LOVE the prospect of this being a game!!

It’s like a “better, less stiff, naturally fluid movement” version of Resident Evil

So why can’t the team behind resident evil make a game that looks and moves and feels like ILL? They have the resources and money- I’m confused (again, pardon my ignorance)

Yeah that’s what I just discovered

Hey guys, pardon my ignorance, but why can’t developers make something like the ILL footage we see ?

Can’t they make the character models and render em in 3D? Can’t they build the environments to look like that? Can’t they make the hit animations look like they do in those shotgun blasts?

Those three things are what’re making us all LOVE the prospect of this being a game!!

It’s like a “better, less stiff, naturally fluid movement” version of Resident Evil

So why can’t the team behind resident evil make a game that looks and moves and feels like ILL? They have the resources and money- I’m confused (again, pardon my ignorance)
because clearly Ill is all pre rendered and not gameplay....

But my question is, why can’t real gameplay be like that? Why don’t we have any games that look and play like this from the big developers?
well I'm not a tech wizard but it has to do with the graphic engines they use and most graphic engine they use is based on older graphic engine ps3/ps4 etc I'm pretty sure if they build something from ground up on Ps5 it would be doable

Top Bottom