• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

It's tax time (in the US)

Scotracer

Neo Member
I always owe money and a lot of it too.

Fucking stupid taxes.

Surely that is the best way to do it? You're not giving the government a free loan? I'm British so probably wrong since like 90% of people never need to file taxes.

Last edited:

LordCBH

I still don’t have my fuckin W2 cause the company that handles that fucked ours up, and won’t give us a time frame for a fix. They probably don’t give a shit since we switched to a new system this year either. Probably sitting there like “y’all ain’t our customers anymore so why should we care?”

RiccochetJ

I still don’t have my fuckin W2 cause the company that handles that fucked ours up, and won’t give us a time frame for a fix. They probably don’t give a shit since we switched to a new system this year either. Probably sitting there like “y’all ain’t our customers anymore so why should we care?”
You can let the IRS know and they will contact the company on your behalf. Nothing like getting a nudge from the IRS.

LordCBH

You can let the IRS know and they will contact the company on your behalf. Nothing like getting a nudge from the IRS.

Best believe I’m gonna be doing that. Thanks!!

Lasha

I owe every year. It's better that way.

Always hated waiting anxiously for the government to give me my money back. I like to hold onto my own money throughout the year, possibly invest it, etc.

The revenue service where I live has no withholding at all. Everybody owes at tax day. Taxpayers are given the choice of paying the tax as a lump sum or as a series of 12 interest free payments. The system makes so much more sense than the mess caused by withholding.

I always wonder what percentage of people that get a refund understand the government isn't paying them, the refund is their change.(IE if you go to McDonalds and your food cost $15 and you give them $20 McDonalds isn't paying you $5 to eat their food.)

Basically none going by the tech threads for stuff releasing around now. People are shit with money. The median american only has like 4k liquid for a reason.

GeekyDad

22c0a296a8e38b06fa80b0bfea086633.jpg

Top Bottom