• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ITT: Post a pic of how you feel

22•22

Doesnt need recognition
PYkuwb3.jpg
Season 5 Hug GIF by The Office

if-work-hard-go-above-and-beyond-never-use-sick-or-vacation-days-company-will-notice-and-appreciate

Found out I was significantly underpaid compared to other engineers at my level in the same company and got a mid-year raise of $15k to bring me into the lowest range. Had my annual review today where I received exceeded expectations on every metric, but the annual raise was tiny because I had a large salary bump mid-year. Basically, I'm getting fucked on the annual raise this year because I found out that I was previously getting fucked and the company had to fix things retroactively. Anyway, I was prepared for some bullshit so I negotiated a higher raise with the boss. He seems like a good guy (only been here 6 months) and thought I made some solid points; he'll get back to me after consulting with the higher-ups. Hope he's not just dangling a carrot.

I know I need some perspective given the state of the economy, just feels kind shitty that I busted my ass for the last year and outperformed a good majority of my coworkers yet I'm being paid like the lowest of them.

22•22

Doesnt need recognition
if-work-hard-go-above-and-beyond-never-use-sick-or-vacation-days-company-will-notice-and-appreciate

Found out I was significantly underpaid compared to other engineers at my level in the same company and got a mid-year raise of $15k to bring me into the lowest range. Had my annual review today where I received exceeded expectations on every metric, but the annual raise was tiny because I had a large salary bump mid-year. Basically, I'm getting fucked on the annual raise this year because I found out that I was previously getting fucked and the company had to fix things retroactively. Anyway, I was prepared for some bullshit so I negotiated a higher raise with the boss. He seems like a good guy (only been here 6 months) and thought I made some solid points; he'll get back to me after consulting with the higher-ups. Hope he's not just dangling a carrot.

I know I need some perspective given the state of the economy, just feels kind shitty that I busted my ass for the last year and outperformed a good majority of my coworkers yet I'm being paid like the lowest of them.

Hope the best for you man.. really..

Maiden Voyage

Gold™ Member

Get out of there. They k ow they can use & abuse you and will continue to do so. Don’t disclose your previous income to new potential employers. Ask for more.

Get out of there. They k ow they can use & abuse you and will continue to do so. Don’t disclose your previous income to new potential employers. Ask for more.
I'm considering it. Waiting to hear back from my boss before investing any time in a job search. While my skill set is in high demand, the interview process in my field + level (software engineering) is pretty tedious and not something I'm willing to jump into again without good reason.

Even so, the pay is pretty good at this job (above average). I've had experience getting fucked around in a previous job to so I don't plan to stand for this a shit a second time around.

Last edited:

22•22

Doesnt need recognition
no.

Had to put my cat down last night after he was diagnosed with a brain tumor. I woke up thinking I heard him walking into the bedroom and spent way to long waiting for him to jump up for pets.

Shit man. I'm so so sorry. Trust me. My thought go out to you. I have some years left, hopefully. But not a day goes by thinking what if...

Much much love and support friend... FUCK.

Edit I can't man. I'm so sorry. My cat is like... I'm so sorry...

Last edited:
Top Bottom