• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

June 2013 NPD (U.S. Hardware) Predictions - Closes July 15

Krakn3Dfx

Have a friend who finally bought a PS3 because of TLOU. Not any kind of metric, but suddenly I'm getting calls all of the time asking about PS4 exclusives and whether or not he should try them.

donny2112

Have a friend who finally bought a PS3 because of TLOU. Not any kind of metric, but suddenly I'm getting calls all of the time asking about PS4 exclusives and whether or not he should try them.

Late gen arrivers have a lot to choose from that's for sure.

~44.5 hours left to predict for June's NPD hardware results. :)

So PS3 outsold X360 in mini America (UK)

http://www.mcvuk.com/news/read/ps3-topples-xbox-360-in-june/0118601

PS3 was the best selling console, The Last of Us the No.1 game, while Sony was the most successful publisher.

For the first time in years, more PS3 titles were sold last month than on any other platform. PS3 had a software market share (by value) of over 40 per cent, says GfK Chart-Track.

I wonder if USA reacted similarly to TLoU

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
Pachter's predictions:

360 = 130K
3DS = 145K
PS3 = 105K
PSV = 20K
WIU = 38K

No EEDAR this month.

I hope last time I said he was wrong (3DS XL's debut month), it wasn't that far off (he predicted something like 155k, 3DS sold 178k that month), but this time I'm pretty sure in saying that...he doesn't even read what said by executives themselves XD

I hope last time I said he was wrong (3DS XL's debut month), it wasn't that far off (he predicted something like 155k, 3DS sold 178k that month), but this time I'm pretty sure in saying that...he doesn't even read what said by executives themselves XD

I'm surprised as you are that he missed the details from NCL's analyst briefing. I'm pretty sure a 145K 3DS prediction is impossibly low.

But given how poorly the consoles have been performing at USA retail, I totally understand why he'd want to lowball everything.

donny2112

[KRILLIN] 32K

Had to look it up. Okay, but please don't do it again. Would have to give you a 0 unit prediction for Wii U, in that case (not that it would probably be way far off from the final result in units).

NeoGAF Aggregate Predictions - Jun-2013

1. 3DS - 205K
2. 360 - 147K
3. PS3 - 127K
4. WIU - 42K
5. PSV - 22K

BlackJace

Had to look it up. Okay, but please don't do it again. Would have to give you a 0 unit prediction for Wii U, in that case (not that it would probably be way far off from the final result in units).

NeoGAF Aggregate Predictions - Jun-2013

1. 3DS - 205K
2. 360 - 147K
3. PS3 - 127K
4. WIU - 42K
5. PSV - 22K

He's been at that joke forever. No one laughs :/

MarkusRJR

Expecting no Wii U numbers from Nintendo, and most of their PR to talk about Animal Crossing and 3DS. Hopefully creamsugar or John Harker will give some insight on the sales clusterfuck that is the Wii U.

Top Bottom