• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kbar strikes back: OFFICIAL GAF ESPN FOOTBALL 2k5 Xbox league! sign up inside!!

jedimike

I don't know who the first alternate is but I've decided to give up my spot. I am totally enjoying the game, but don't want to make the 16 game commitment and then have to bow out midway through. Fall is a better time for me, so hopefully I can make the 2nd league.

btw, I had the Vikings.

Maverick

Um, well I will take the Falcons.

That is if you're going to give shadow the Vikings.

Whatever, just sign me up bitches.

Bog

Junior Ace
Not only are the leagues down for me, but it says it can't validate my rosters? What the fuck is wrong with this game?

Malleymal

You now belong to FMT.
jedimike said:
I don't know who the first alternate is but I've decided to give up my spot. I am totally enjoying the game, but don't want to make the 16 game commitment and then have to bow out midway through. Fall is a better time for me, so hopefully I can make the 2nd league.

btw, I had the Vikings.

I applaud this man...

Fifty

Bog said:
Not only are the leagues down for me, but it says it can't validate my rosters? What the fuck is wrong with this game?

The servers are obviously not stable yet. I went on today and everything was fine. 100% so, for me. But I don't think I'm out of the woods yet :) Whenever my rosters won't validate, I resolve it by trying to create a game (you can't create it unless your rosters are validated) so basically I try to do that 5-500 times until it works :) Then I know that my rosters are ok. Hasn't happened that often, but that's how I fight the menace!

hgplayer1

wait a sec. is the official season available for sign up? Im signed into the gaquick tourney but thats the only one that im aware of.

by the way, where the hell is everyone? we still need 6 people? ugh

Fifty

FrenchMovieTheme said:
the league is created! i was going to just PM everyone, but under administrator options i can boot anyone out at any time.

*IF YOU DIDNT SIGN UP DONT JOIN THE LEAGUE. why waste my time and yours having me kick you out? also, sign up as the team you picked please.

name: gaming age
password: madden

enjoy ladies!

Press the black button (on the league list) to enter the name, if you can't find it.

yes hg, the official season is up. i posted the name/pw above, but here it is again:

name: gaming age
pw: madden

you may have to search for it under leagues (push black button to activate the search feature) but its there

hgplayer1

oops! i must have missed it. all these threads are starting to look the same :lol

thanks!

ok Im signed in. someting like 20 teams left to be filled.

I wish the web site was up.

Fifty

It sure is. We need to fill that one quickly :) That's the whole point..

"gaquick"

pass "gaf"

But more importantly, everyone sign up for FMT's league!! We don't need it filled tonight, but if you're reading this you should have signed up (assuming you're on the list)

Gunstar77

GAF Madden 2006 Season 1 NFC Champ
Fifty said:
It sure is. We need to fill that one quickly :) That's the whole point..

"gaquick"

pass "gaf"

But more importantly, everyone sign up for FMT's league!! We don't need it filled tonight, but if you're reading this you should have signed up (assuming you're on the list)

We need 4 more for the Tourney and 19 more for the Season.

Mofo

jedimike said:

btw, I had the Vikings.

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE

Let me in - the Vikes are my team! I'm good to go guys - I want some league action!

BTW - Gametag: RickMofoMears

Guileless

Temp Banned for Remedial Purposes
I'm getting back into town tomorrow night and will sign into the league. Can't wait to draw the shades, crank up the AC, turn on the Xbox, and play Steve-O.

mofo, there are a few dudes in front of you as reserves. also, shadow took the vikings (he was the falcons, maverick took the falcons as he was first reserve). talk to him about it dude. i'm sure some of these people wont show up though, so you'll probably get picked up (hopefully)

Mofo

FrenchMovieTheme said:
mofo, there are a few dudes in front of you as reserves. also, shadow took the vikings (he was the falcons, maverick took the falcons as he was first reserve). talk to him about it dude. i'm sure some of these people wont show up though, so you'll probably get picked up (hopefully)

That's cool - I just saw the Vikes up for grabs and got overly excited. Just keep me on the list - I'll play no matter what team I get... well, as long as it's not the Pac.

SickBoy

Hey folks, chances are I can't sign up until middle-late next week at the earliest -- it's the least of my worries with a move fast approaching.

If that's a problem let me know. Also, do I need a Live account to do it?

-SB

Fifty

AztecaGX said:
Can I get in on the gaquick tourny? I'll take the Raiders.

I guess so. My goal was to fill it so that it could start tomorrow... We kinda went away from the initial signup list, but there will always be more tournaments.

suikodan

I try to play online but I cannot join a game because the default roster couldn't be validated. WTF? What can I do to resolve this?

Thaks

hgplayer1

SickBoy said:
Hey folks, chances are I can't sign up until middle-late next week at the earliest -- it's the least of my worries with a move fast approaching.

If that's a problem let me know. Also, do I need a Live account to do it?

-SB

um..........what?

answer = yes

AztecaGX

I guess so. My goal was to fill it so that it could start tomorrow... We kinda went away from the initial signup list, but there will always be more tournaments.

I'll sign in as soon as the servers are up.

hgplayer1

the tourney is now active. schedules up and people already playing. I seem to be having trouble connecting to my first opponent. ugh

Meier

Btw dudes, I think I'm gonna drop out of the league. I know 20 bucks is cheap but NCAA will keep me busy until Madden (and probably beyond). I might buy this down the line but not right now.

well dudes we all knew it was coming, the dreaded "Super running back" type problem for 2k5. most of you have experienced the ridiculousness of running qb's. here are some prime examples from various games i've played:

* Brad Johnson ran for a 30 yard play on me in a game last night
* Ken Dorsey out-ran Ray lewis
* Kyle Boller had nearly 100 yards rushing, with probably an 18 yard average
* Jay fiedler not only ripped off a 20 yard run on me, but ran over my DB in the process
* Dante Culpepper scrambled 10 yards back, outran my entire defense to the other side of the field, COULD have had a pretty good chunk of yards even after all that running, and hit moss in stride up the sideline.

so, let me reiterate these points for the league:

- This is a sim league. I'm trying not to be a dick about this, i know everyone has their own playstyle and that's fine. but, for this league imparticular, i think most everyone would agree that we want it to be "realistic".

- I realize everyone wants to win, and that's fine. But win legit. It doesn't take much skill to run make vick 20 games in a game and rack up 200+ yards. I guarantee anyone in the league can do it. But how about we don't do that, and just play some real football?

- I don't feel the need to put a "limit" or anything like that and say "well you can only QB run this amount of times" because you never know what situations will come up. But if we look at your stat page, and you are averaging 15 yards a run with your qb, or you're running 7+ times a game with him, or you have 80 yards, or whatever, then we're going to have something to say about that.

if anyone has objections please speak up. i know running QB's CAN be stopped, but it's no fun to play defense that way.

this is the only really bad issue that has popped up so far, so if you guys know of any other cheese play, bring it up and we'll decide what to do about it. thanks fellas, hopefully the league is filled up soon :D

I haven't had any trouble stopping QBs... If they start running on you take control of a LB and knock the fuck out of them the next time they try it. QBs have always been able to run this well in 2Kx if you let them.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
I agree,but what if your team really stinks? :p

CP just because it hasn't happened to you yet doesn't mean it wont. let me setup a situation that could possibly happen to you.

it's 3rd and 15, you're on D. your opponent calls a 5 wide rollout with your receivers cutting back across to clear out the D on one side. you scramble to that side. now you have 5 receivers, all of your possible defenders occupying them and you get burned for a 16 yard run.

it has happened already. yes you can control the MLB, and take him out of coverage or run stopping, but why should you need to worry about that if you are playing me, with tim rattay who is rated a 60 speed or something, burning you? of course if you 100% know a QB scramble and only a qb scramble is coming, it's easy. but the QB can still throw, so if you go after him manually and you have assignments elsewhere, they can easily stop and throw to an open man.

like i said i'd accept that from vick, but not from many others.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
You know whos one hell of an underrated runner...the guy in my avatar :)

Hey I'm willing to play totally sim if everyone else does,but if you take that away from Fifty will he still want to play? lol

Malleymal

You now belong to FMT.
Meier said:
Btw dudes, I think I'm gonna drop out of the league. I know 20 bucks is cheap but NCAA will keep me busy until Madden (and probably beyond). I might buy this down the line but not right now.

so you are saying you are out? just let me know if its definate, because I will sign up with your squad. thanks man.....

I am all for a REAL sim league....

You guys should be more worried about stopping Holmes. I know the tackling problem is fixed this year, but that only comes into affect if you can actually touch him.

Matrix

Cerebral Palsy said:
You guys should be more worried about stopping Holmes. I know the tackling problem is fixed this year, but that only comes into affect if you can actually touch him.

Says Mr.-45 ;)

Fifty

Matrix said:
You know whos one hell of an underrated runner...the guy in my avatar :)

Hey I'm willing to play totally sim if everyone else does,but if you take that away from Fifty will he still want to play? lol

:(

FMT has summed up my thoughts perfectly. I try not to scramble...but it can be tricky when your options are 1) Get hit for a loss or 2) Keep yourself in the game and run for the first

I hope we can figure this problem out....Sega should just lower all the speed ratings tomorrow and release an update :)

looks like part of the qb scrambling problem is any "spread" formation. it spreads the D out so much, and the QB is so fast, that it is an auto 5 yard gain and usually more. maybe we need to look into a no-scramble in 4-5 wide sets or something.

lets have some feedback, what does everyone else feel we should do?

Cloudy

Banned
I just want a cheese-free league and common sense tells the individual player what cheese is ;)

Also, we could try scrimmaging each other in Legend to see if that fixes anything...

Crag Dweller

aka kindbudmaster
I just signed in as the Bengals for the season. One question though, is the season going to follow the real nfl schedule, or will the match-ups be random?

Top Bottom