• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT12| No more Lyte, just darkness.

Newt

Nami is an obnoxious risk-adverse champion with targeted harass.

Champions like Nami and Janna ruin the support role.

zkylon

zkylewd
nami is great, one of the most satisfying and fun supports to play, with a well rounded kit that's easy to understand and hard to master

w spam is not really a design issue, it can be simply fixed with numbers, and it's not really a problem right now

also risk adverse here is a misnomer for defensive, there's lots of stuff in nami's kit that encourage her to take risks, even if she's a defensive champion in itself. bubble is a really rewarding spell, and e asks her to get in leona engage range for auto harass to get anything done (past lane it's just buff adc, but who cares by then). w has best use scenarios that involve also getting in risky ranges of engage supports or mages like zyra that can do ton of damage, while giving her a bit of fallback sustain in case she needs it

she's defensive, but there's a big difference with janna who's entire kit is about mitigating risks, what with the high ms, the very simple shield and the peel oriented cc that's mostly used to defuse fighting rather than encourage it

I dont really have time to explain much atm so ill just leave r/Quinnmains build guide, i think its very well made and give some good tips so check it out Quinnmains guide
eh i don't like using guides for builds, i just like figuring stuff out on my own based on what works for me (like my old dfg lizzy and my very liberal use of abyssal and rylais long before they were cool)

was useful glancing through that to actually read on the details on those ad items cos like, turns out ad items have a lot of strange stat interactions that i never knew about, like the maw shield scaling with mr or the duskblade passive scaling with lethality, so at the very least that information is interesting

i kind of like playing her a bit tankier than what i've normally seen in champion.gg or this guide cos idk, i kind of just enjoy how frozen mallet or steraks gage or maw+edge of the knight feel on her, it feels kind of unfair for the other person lol

i also have like a weird bias against duskblade cos idk something about that passive feels to me like it's not that easy to apply, but bird mode makes you so fast that's probably not a problem

i just like experimenting on my own, ad assassin items seem to be in a fairly healthy state atm (even tho hexdrinker/maw are terrible braindead items that should not be in the game), or at least it's a lot more open that i remember, for quinn at least heh. i want to try triforce and black cleaver builds, idk, experiment

midlane items also feel pretty good, actually, i almost never buy rylais anymore except on cassiopeia, and deathcap should have a bit of a change to make it it's a bit of a better early buy, but that's about it. i would like deathcap to maybe be nlr + double blasting wands + ~400 less combine gold, and for it to give 140 ap + 30% instead of 120 + 35%, something like that. for rylais i'm not sure, it's not in that bad of a spot right now but the passive feels kind of useless, even on cass, and while it's pretty much cost effective, it's pretty slot inefficient. i kind of would like to see something like a stacking slow on enemies hit or something like that (like maybe it starts at 20% and each spell that hits an enemy champion makes the next one 4% more slow or something? with maybe like a 32% or 36% cap). not sure, something that maybe gives you the highs of the old rylais but without making a stray spell hit to be as deadly as it was before

just some late night ideas that sprung from my head lol...

I don't see the need pf Stormraiders since she already gets MS from Harrier procs. Edge of Night isn't really a lane item as much as it is a teamfight item since it makes you harder to be peeled during your initial burst.

Also going PD+IE after the lethality stuff ain't bad at all if you get a good lead.
well the ms stacks and it feels like a better lategame ability since she needs all the mobility she can get to get out of the middle of the enemy team from being a squishy adc assassin thing

also i didn't know crit reduced harrier cd, so i might try going for a build like that. tho it sounds like a build that's not my style at all, i like quinn cos she's an assassin, not an adc

ugh, adcs...

This is the argument that I find the funniest when someone is losing lane. 'You're so bad you need jungle help' or something like that. Or perhaps we're playing the team game as a team. Or did you forget that the job of the jungler isn't just to farm the jungle and never gank ever.
it's not just playing the game as a team, laning is a lot about map awareness and setting your lane up for ganks. this yasuo kept getting himself baited cos 1) i was warding pretty well and kept spotting out kindred for counterganks, 2) i ran exhaust as everyone should against yasuo so whenever he thought he had the drop on me i had a spell ready to buy enough time for the assist and 3) while i was doing pretty bad csing (it happens), i always had control of the lane cos it was a range vs melee matchup, so waves were always in an advantageous position for me

so like, even if he's like kicking my butt in dueling and csing, i'm doing enough other things right that my team can capitalize on em, and mid is often a lot about that, it's not about the 1v1 as much as it is in setting up your jungler to succeed. some junglers like khazix are so busted right now that even as leblanc, you really can end up being their support lol

Leezard

We've been over it before. Nami is a reliable lane bully that promotes aggressive trades in bot lane, since if you're going to play passive you should've picked Janna or Soraka instead. She's weak against bursty all-ins, and puts herself in danger when she trades with autos. If she doesn't auto along with her W she doesn't have the damage necessary to harass enough for her opponents to get low. If she doesn't utilize the bounce on her W when she heals herself/the adc she will be mana starved. She can win almost any 2v2 even with a small adc disadvantage if she does not caught by cc while trading.

Later in the game her Q/R are her most important skills so she's more unreliable and requires a more skill than most other supports to be strong. She's still weak against bursty stuff since all of her spells except E have a long cast time, and if the enemy flanks she can't use her ult to its full potential.

So I guess she's kinda the Lee Sin of bot lane? Strong reliable early game but needs skill to be relevant to other picks late game.

Newt

She puts herself in danger when she trades with autos, so the standard solution for her is just spam the shit out of W while being at a generally safe distance.

She's weak to all ins, but all in are unlikely to happen because of the harass that she's able to put out, and even if she does get all all inned, she has the benefit of getting to play reactive.

The only reason she's not stronger is because in the midgame and teamfights, you actually have to do something other than spamming W over and over on your opponents. You actually have to land your abilities.

I actually have to agree that she's kinda of like Lee Sin for support, I think a better comparison would be Shaco. Shaco doesn't have to work very hard to pull off ganks, and any mediocre player can q into a lane and get kills/summoners. Later on Shaco has to actually put in effort to be relevant. I think Lee Sin wasn't as great of an example as Shaco because his early game isn't quite as braindead.

Leezard

If you just W spam you will get mana issues and won't be able to harass well enough for it to matter in most matchups, that's the point. Adcs get so much free sustain between Warlord's and the other masteries in that tree that most the harass will just get sustained. I guess it can work in some matchups, but generally you really need those autos. You kinda need to put in more pressure than your W alone can do.

I can see the Shaco comparison early game, I still think the Lee late game is more fitting though.

zkylon

zkylewd
noot bringing up this tired conversation again is so old and pointless that i'll just file it under end of the thread shitposting

speaking of, /r/lolfanart has good taste, and this beauty won best ahri fanart tournament

drgwzKV.jpg

i already posted it here a while back but it's nice to see it again

well the ms stacks and it feels like a better lategame ability since she needs all the mobility she can get to get out of the middle of the enemy team from being a squishy adc assassin thing

also i didn't know crit reduced harrier cd, so i might try going for a build like that. tho it sounds like a build that's not my style at all, i like quinn cos she's an assassin, not an adc

ugh, adcs...
You'll be blowing up people just fine with IE infused autos with 35 lethality and TLD on top. PD+IE make you a better duelist as well and give you better objective control.

Besides, what else will you buy on those last two slots?

Crummy way to start day...3/0/1 in my lane, and literally every single other spot plays poorly. I don't care if you play bad, but when you are RAGING at each other it pisses me off and ruins my day. We folded and fell to shit. I really need to start muting my team. I had more fun talking to enemy team, as normal, than my own team.

Now we need an appropriate gif for the fear I felt during inhouse yesterday when Rengar ult was incoming.

zkylon

zkylewd
You'll be blowing up people just fine with IE infused autos with 35 lethality and TLD on top. PD+IE make you a better duelist as well and give you better objective control.

Besides, what else will you buy on those last two slots?
idk, i don't think i've had a game last more than 4 items lol

More fan art please.

It excites me.
when we get to 200 pages

Why is he wearing a dress...
why wouldn't he be wearing a dress

dresses are great

What is broken can be reforged!

lmao she looks like a sailor

yea mid lulu is where it's at

Fracas

#fuckonami
I'm guessing yall figured it out but edge of night is one of the best items in the game right now

ADCs are back PogChamp

Going into a game giving deathfire touch Illaoi a try. I have a feeling this is going to be one of those builds where if I get behind even a bit, I'm going to be garbage the rest of the game.

zkylon

zkylewd

suqling stuff is so good

tumblr_of2a7uyMxb1r6o1dao1_1280.png

Sona is supposed to be attracted of his beauty
the gay comment was just weird

Mmmm his heels fetish is lower in that design, good.

Why is zyra wearing velkoz head? if is a tree replace those lanterns with little red money bags or red seals

hah, hadn't noticed the velkoz head

yea that looks a bit weird, could probably be tweaked to be a bit less velkoz-y

Top Bottom