• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LGBTQIA+ | OT7 | ~First comes love, then comes marriage~

Status
Not open for further replies.

true Gek

One guy actually is incredibly gorgeous. He's built, lean, extremely handsome. We chat it up sometimes between sets. I've told him he should really become a model, he's that good looking, lol.

There's usually only one person running the gym at that hour and they usually keep to themselves at the desk. There is a newer guy who has no problems yelling at them though.

Once there was a guy doing cable flyes shirtless to impress this girl trying to do bicep curls. He was just behind her in the mirror flexing and grunting. She was so disturbed by it. I told the guy to put clothes on and she was so happy someone stepped in, lol.

I'd report them to management, but I haven't been around during those times lately.
Gosh, I would probably started to laugh in his face, I find this kind of behavior extremely embarrassing and ridicule.

Well speaking of gym' stuff I hope to lose weight with the fitboxe training: in the last two years i gained 15kg and honestly I'm no longer comfortable with my body as when I was 70 kg (I'm 172 cm). Plus the training is pretty intense and I sweat a lot, I think that having an established commitment will help me not to desert the physical exercise.

Actually, that's not quite true. I was having some moderate success with sticking to this:

https://www.reddit.com/r/bodyweightfitness/wiki/kb/recommended_routine

But then I realized I basically wasn't getting enough calories which made it all kind of moot for my goals. Really, I just want to put on a bit of weight. But you can't can weight at a calorie deficit even with working out. Hell, that makes the calorie deficit worse.

I was actually thinking of going to a doctor and seeing if they could prescribe something to help my appetite. Its insane how full I get off so little food.

Smartphone m8. Plus other people being there. I'm actually pretty content not working out. Especially since I really wouldn't put in the effort to eat properly to get bulky/built anyway.

Going to a gym and not working out because you're going on your smart phone seems ridiculous to me. Same with working out only with mind for gaining muscle mass, a better reason is that our current essentially sedentary lifestyles are like a big experiment that probably isn't going to have swell results. When it comes to actually exercising I tend to think the Taoists get it right (calisthenics, swimming, and rockclimbing, more functional shit and isometrics basically, which won't make your knees crap out).

Going to a gym and not working out because you're going on your smart phone seems ridiculous to me. Same with working out only with mind for gaining muscle mass, a better reason is that our current essentially sedentary lifestyles are like a big experiment that probably isn't going to have swell results. When it comes to actually exercising I tend to think the Taoists get it right (calisthenics, swimming, and rockclimbing, more functional shit and isometrics basically, which won't make your knees crap out).

Medicine is gonna fix all that m8. A once a month injection or something.

Probably isn't great for the joints, but I'd actually like to play tennis casually. Though I'm horrendous at it. And nobody to play with.

Also it is winter now :(

Dany

Banned
:|

The night time crowd at my gym can be pretty boisterous. They're notorious for breaking all sorts of gym etiquette. Being loud, leaving weights around, working out shirtless, hitting on women, etc. I've yelled at quite a few of them. I have zero tolerance for that shit.
I don't go after 3pm, usually the first thing I do in the day. By8, the entire lifting section is a mess, unorganized mess. So frustrating

_Isaac

Gym sucks. I used to get depressed the night before gym day because I knew I was going to have to go to the gym the next day. It's an awful disgusting place.

Cosmic Bus

pristine morning snow
I never had any issues at our gym, but my bf ran into multiple guys who would follow him around while fully erect. Naturally, none of the staff were around to deal with it, so he'd just leave.

Unrelated to that disgusting display, I haven't gone there for at least a year despite still having a membership. The deal I got initially was too great to just give up on, and I keep telling myself I'll start going again eventually. Job wears me out big time, though (10+ hour days, on my feet doing tough physical work the entire time) so I dunno...

D

Deleted member 465307

Unconfirmed Member
I never had any issues at our gym, but my bf ran into multiple guys who would follow him around while fully erect. Naturally, none of the staff were around to deal with it, so he'd just leave.

That's insane. I can't understand where you could possibly live and what kind of gym that could be in order for that to be the behavior of not only one person but multiple people. How terribly unfortunate.

Cosmic Bus

pristine morning snow
Downtown Seattle at a gym frequented by quite a few businessmen, corporate office folk, and medical workers.

There were issues in the past with people having sex in the showers and sauna, as well.

D

Deleted member 465307

Unconfirmed Member
Downtown Seattle at a gym frequented by quite a few businessmen, corporate office folk, and medical workers.

There were issues in the past with people having sex in the showers and sauna, as well.

So it was some kind of unofficial, word-of-mouth gay hookup place? I'd leave that place so fast. That sucks.

D

Deleted member 77995

Unconfirmed Member
I live on a military post so the biggest issue is people eyeballing you on your sets wondering if they outrank you. Also, hardly anyone squats, they're always doing curls.

D

Deleted member 465307

Unconfirmed Member
Here's an AXE Body Spray ad that features vogueing. I like where masculinity is headed.

Also, for all you thirsty men-interested people, it's basically just a parade of men. Feel free to pick your favorites.

Camillelang

Neo Member
AXE is normally hetero/douche hell but this is really good! Vouging, minorities, normal looking guys, gay guys(?), guys where girls are driving them around, and men with disabilities!!! 10/10 good stuff!

Ekai

AXE is normally hetero/douche hell but this is really good! Vouging, minorities, normal looking guys, gay guys(?), guys where girls are driving them around, and men with disabilities!!! 10/10 good stuff!

Agreed.
Very welcome change overall. I don't use the stuff but it's nice to see.

I'm glad that advertisers are finally starting to see the power of minority representation in media.

Not that there's anything wrong with white males aged 18-34, but it's nice to see something else in these kinds of commercials for once.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
The night time crowd at my gym are notorious for working out shirtless. I've yelled at quite a few of them. I have zero tolerance for that shit.

??

I took a tiny, small, little step and I just signed up on a lesbian forum (not a dating website) from a site that I have been browsing for a long time. At least I can now talk about this and read similar experiencies. On top of that, there are some lesbians from my city and, from time to time, they arrange a face-to-face meeting. Perhaps it is still too soon (I do not want to impose myself TBH) but I feel like I can understand myself a bit better there.

Any step is a good step!

There are people that will never work out at home, but are significantly more motivated at the gym. Then there's vice versa. You just have to find what is right for you.

If you physically go to a gym you don't really have anything else to do, while your house is full of more interesting diversions, it's like going to the library to study.

YES

I. cannot. work. out. at. home. I'm filled with a terrible dread of working out at home. I hate it. I don't even know if there's a rational reason - I just hate it so so so much. (stretches and push ups and yoga is fine)

Gym, on the other hand, is p great since you have no other choice but to work out when you're there (unless you're at Cosmic Bus' gym). Plus, if you go with other people, you can't just leave if you wuss out and decide you don't want to werk. The motivation/obligation is real.

I definitely think so! This field is booming in the psych world so demand is high!

Awesome! Besides horses, dogs, and cats, what other kind of animals do/can they use for therapy?

my bf ran into multiple guys who would follow him around while fully erect. Naturally, none of the staff were around to deal with it, so he'd just leave.

if that's true then why did he leave?

Your gym sounds great tbf.

All this gym talk... Will it finally be enough to get me off of my lazy ass and doing some exercise. I was so in shape for a while guys and it's falling aparrrtt :(

I wish my brain weren't so stuck in gender stereotypes that I assumed the nurses were female. I've been trying to work on it, but once again I made the assumption. :/

One of my biggest pet peeves is when people say "male nurse" or "male stripper". From a grammatical standpoint it's wrong since both words are gender neutral and it shows just how ingrained we still are in a patriarchal society.

D

Deleted member 465307

Unconfirmed Member
One of my biggest pet peeves is when people say "male nurse" or "male stripper". From a grammatical standpoint it's wrong since both words are gender neutral and it shows just how ingrained we still are in a patriarchal society.

Exactly. I almost posted in that thread saying, "Oops. I came in expecting nurses but then I realized they were actually nurses."

to go out tonight?

or sleep?

also. I am a nurse. :p tho not sexy.

image.php

Your avatar contradicts you.

Ahasverus

Jordan Fisher <3
Sweet jesus..

Are anybody else's friends getting married in droves? Like, in the past month I've had like 4 or 5 friends getting married and I'm 23, with something like that totally not in mind, in fact, haven't been in a relationship in 2 years. It's like everybody else is becoming an adult except you.

BTW I'm noticing a DISTURBING lack of RPJ avatars in this thread. The fuck GayGaf? you used to be
hot
cool!

Elitist1945

Sweet jesus..

Are anybody else's friends getting married in droves? Like, in the past month I've had like 4 or 5 friends getting married and I'm 23, with something like that totally not in mind, in fact, haven't been in a relationship in 2 years. It's like everybody else is becoming an adult but you.

No but I've had 4 or 5 friends getting pregnant and I'm 18 haha.

Golnei

Are anybody else's friends getting married in droves? Like, in the past month I've had like 4 or 5 friends getting married and I'm 23, with something like that totally not in mind, in fact, haven't been in a relationship in 2 years. It's like everybody else is becoming an adult except you.

Thankfully, my friends are almost as much of a mess as I am. I'm planning around most of them sending out their wedding invitations when they're in the 25-29 range, with my insecurity and lack of self-worth reaching its ultimate nadir at approximately July of 2022. Of course, that assumes marriage will actually be a legal option for me by then...

Sweet jesus..

Are anybody else's friends getting married in droves? Like, in the past month I've had like 4 or 5 friends getting married and I'm 23, with something like that totally not in mind, in fact, haven't been in a relationship in 2 years. It's like everybody else is becoming an adult but you.
I have a much younger cousin that's now a father...

Sweet jesus..

I feel like the people who get married at that age are boring, but I have a handful of friends that got married around that age and they're not all boring. I don't really know why you'd want to get married that early though unless you were in a rush to have kids or something. I wouldn't feel worried about not hitting those milestones though, half of the people who still do are probably following the baby-boomer life script or something /glib

KiN0

I feel like the people who get married at that age are boring, but I have a handful of friends that got married around that age and they're not all boring. I don't really know why you'd want to get married that early though unless you were in a rush to have kids or something. I wouldn't feel worried about not hitting those milestones though, half of the people who still do are probably following the baby-boomer life script or something /glib

Well, I think when you're young and uncertain about your future, the idea of a partner whose going to support you for no matter is very comforting. Marriage probably gives these people a sense of security and peace of mind. Not that love can't be a reason, I just imagine security plays a big part of it.

_Isaac

I like to say male actress.

Sweet jesus..

I thought about this for a sec, and I realized I don't think I've ever been personally invited to a wedding. I just don't really know anybody well enough, so I guess the answer to your question is no.

D

Deleted member 465307

Unconfirmed Member
I'm playing Kirby Triple Deluxe and oh my, I'm rediscovering my Kirby fandom. This game is such a love letter to the series. I'm gaining a new appreciation through the keychains for all the pixel art from the previous games (I miss it), and all the references to old Kirby games with the Fighters stages are wonderful. This wasn't one, but this is how an anniversary title should be done.

Also, this is a pretty 3DS game. I swear that HAL went all out for this title. What a gem.

I'm playing Kirby Triple Deluxe and oh my, I'm rediscovering my Kirby fandom. This game is such a love letter to the series. I'm gaining a new appreciation through the keychains for all the pixel art from the previous games (I miss it), and all the references to old Kirby games with the Fighters stages are wonderful. This wasn't one, but this is how an anniversary title should be done.

Also, this is a pretty 3DS game. I swear that HAL went all out for this title. What a gem.

NSFW and also a gameplay spoiler for really strict people
http://i.imgur.com/zcKKAIQ.gifv
NSFW

RM8

Kirby is everything, and Triple Deluxe is superb <3 I still wish 3DS would have gotten a crazy spin off like Canvas Curse or Mass Attack, though. Kirby shines when they make weird, experimental games with him :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom