• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Los Angeles Korean BBQ Meetup |OT| of AYCE Bulgogi (Feb. 4)

I'm looking at the RSVP list and wondering how this is all going to work out. I've never been to Road To Seoul, but will they have tables large enough to accommodate most of us, or are we going to be lame and split up the group with multiple tables?

Iceman

I'm looking at the RSVP list and wondering how this is all going to work out. I've never been to Road To Seoul, but will they have tables large enough to accommodate most of us, or are we going to be lame and split up the group with multiple tables?

We'll reassess a few days before hand to see what the actual head count will be. If we're over 20, we're looking at Moo Dae Po II (Also in K-town) as a backup.

Zyzyxxz

We'll reassess a few days before hand to see what the actual head count will be. If we're over 20, we're looking at Moo Dae Po II (Also in K-town) as a backup.

Last time I went to Moo Dae Po II I remembered that the place was freaking huge and had tables that looked like it could support maybe close to 40 people.

If we hit 20, Road to Seoul is going to be a mess to get a table even with a reservation.

Clearly everyone is terrified of you.

I'd hate to split the party up over different tables, one table or bust! Sing-alongs dont work well split over multiple tables.

ChiTownBuffalo

Either I made up lies about the Boston Bomber or I fell for someone else's crap. Either way, I have absolutely no credibility and you should never pay any attention to anything I say, no matter what the context. Perm me if I claim to be an insider
I *may* make a special guest appearance.

Might be in the OC that time visiting fam.

Taxman

I'm so in. What are the rules for stuff like girlfriends, etc? Can I bring a friend who is waiting for his GAF account to be approved?

Clearly everyone is terrified of you.

I'd hate to split the party up over different tables, one table or bust! Sing-alongs dont work well split over multiple tables.

Seems that way... I wonder why, though? I mean, it's not like the police have ever caught me, so my 'works' haven't been made public. *shrug*

I will observe the humans and their socialization rituals from afar.

So you'll be that guy filming from outside the window of the restaurant? You should totally narrate it like a Discovery Channel special. :)

Zyzyxxz

I'm so in. What are the rules for stuff like girlfriends, etc? Can I bring a friend who is waiting for his GAF account to be approved?

You didn't get the memo this is a GAF-Gold account members only event.

No but in all seriousness bring cash and enough change for yourself, each person is responsible for their own part of the bill which should be split evenly unless you get alcohol which be sure to keep track of what you spend.

ChiTownBuffalo

Either I made up lies about the Boston Bomber or I fell for someone else's crap. Either way, I have absolutely no credibility and you should never pay any attention to anything I say, no matter what the context. Perm me if I claim to be an insider
If I come, will you judge me if I show up driving a dropped S2000 with an annoying exhaust?

Skiesofwonder

Walruses, camels, bears, rabbits, tigers and badgers.
Damn, sounds fun. Wish I was in LA for this. I'm currently on the East Coast, been thinking of throwing a GAF Party/get-together over here but I have no idea what the demand/show-out would be....

Anyways, have fun LA GAF. Take pics and videos :)

Guys! Guys! I'm totally hyping myself up for this!

Me too as well, since it might be the last interesting thing I might do for like a month since the monday after I start normal school again and every day I'm not in school I would be/trying to be scheduled to be working in the evenings...

I'll leave the 'good touch' up to the potential 3rd or 4th carpool buddy. Speaking of which... still no takers from South Bay? ;_; I promise not to murder anyone
until after we eat

Some one has got to be down to ride along from the South Bay area?! We can't have an LA Gaf meetup without H. P, not after everything we've been through in the RP January thread. lol

If it comes down to it, I'd be willing to drive down and give you a lift, need at least another member of Girl-Gaf in on this. :<

edit: I plan on bringing my best friend as well, a former GAF-er from back in the day. so that's a +1 for me

I'm hoping we can get a pretty solid number by this week...who's making the reservation? A party of this size, they need some time to put us on the books!

DemiMatt

I approve of this thread, however Road To Seoul is way to noisey for me. They play loud ass club music, my friends and I have dubbed it "Club Gogi." Anyways I wish I could go but I have Rebel Bingo that night. Have fun!

zulfate

Some one has got to be down to ride along from the South Bay area?! We can't have an LA Gaf meetup without H. P, not after everything we've been through in the RP January thread. lol

If it comes down to it, I'd be willing to drive down and give you a lift, need at least another member of Girl-Gaf in on this. :<

edit: I plan on bringing my best friend as well, a former GAF-er from back in the day. so that's a +1 for me

My gf is waiting to be a gaf member and she will be coming, does that count as girl gaf?

Awww, thanks, Nintendoll. RP thread represent! (are we really the only two girls going...?) It's actually more the ride home I'd really need, though. I could chug up there by bus, but there are no buses going south after 7:30 P.M. from Artesia... :( Doitlive has generously offered his carpool services already, and I suppose after a night of eating/drinking together we couldn't really be considered strangers anymore, so it'll probably be fine....right? :p

EDIT: Dammit, I'm going! I already promised him I wouldn't murder him, and if I don't make it back in one piece, well, avenge me! ;)

Booshka

Mmmm... really want to go!

Anyone else from the South Bay area looking to carpool up there? Doitlive has promised not to murder any of the passengers as long as we don't try to touch him in a bad place!

I live in Torrance and would like to Carpool, just saw this thread and I've never been to this place, looks great.

I could feasibly drive my 20 year old Chevy Blazer there if people need transportation, but if someone has a nicer car and is willing to go that would be better. I can do it though.

bluemax

Banned
Gonna try and make it to this one. I was busy on the In-n-Out day, but I'll see if I can make time for this one (lots more advance notice, yay).

I've eaten at Road to Seoul many a time, (and El Cholo across the street!), always a good time and a good meal.

Also, maybe it's just me but the octopus isn't that good.

I wonder if my student ID will still get me a discount at El Cholo?

Sounds like fun...make it a 50/50 chance for me, yo.

Just had KBBQ at a joint in Gardena last Sunday night with my wife (though I'd be going solo to this since she's working on the 4th).

Any plans afterwards...? Little Tokyo is a pretty nice spot to hang for drinks if anyone's down (Far Bar, Wurstkuche, Weiland...Bar C is my personal favorite dive bar in the area =).

bluemax

Banned
Mmmm... really want to go!

Anyone else from the South Bay area looking to carpool up there? Doitlive has promised not to murder any of the passengers as long as we don't try to touch him in a bad place!

I don't live in the South Bay, but I live a straight shot up the 405, so I guess I could be convinced to tag along. Then I can finally meet my fellow Trojan timetokill!

On the other hand, I'd almost rather drive myself so I can bail when you all turn out to be creepy.

Iceman

I'm hoping we can get a pretty solid number by this week...who's making the reservation? A party of this size, they need some time to put us on the books!

How early do you think I should book? At this point we're pushing mid thirties to forty people including all the guests. If I'm going to book this early then maybe we should switch it to Moo Dae Po II.

I don't live in the South Bay, but I live a straight shot up the 405, so I guess I could be convinced to tag along. Then I can finally meet my fellow Trojan timetokill! On the other hand, I'd almost rather drive myself so I can bail when you all turn out to be creepy.

+1 fellow Trojan (I work there.)

Seth C

I'll leave the 'good touch' up to the potential 3rd or 4th carpool buddy. Speaking of which... still no takers from South Bay? ;_; I promise not to murder anyone
until after we eat

If I were going to be in Los Angeles I'd head down to the South Bay just to ride back with you so you didn't feel left out. Do another one of these in March and I'll be there for it.

How early do you think I should book? At this point we're pushing mid thirties to forty people including all the guests. If I'm going to book this early then maybe we should switch it to Moo Dae Po II.

One week at least...more than 30 is like banquet size.

zulfate

I don't live in the South Bay, but I live a straight shot up the 405, so I guess I could be convinced to tag along. Then I can finally meet my fellow Trojan timetokill!

On the other hand, I'd almost rather drive myself so I can bail when you all turn out to be creepy.

oh and it will get creepy lol...

but man it would really suck if we need to split tables, i dont want to be in the kids table!!

We should probably switch, and call for reservations couple of days ahead (they might not take reservations until the day of. This is pretty much how Korean restaurants roll...).

We should probably switch, and call for reservations couple of days ahead (they might not take reservations until the day of. This is pretty much how Korean restaurants roll...).

I've never had experience with reserving more than 10 :eek: but I do work in a restaurant/banquet facility and they hate it when a reservation larger than that comes without notice since they may need to order more supply of meat and such.

Iceman

I've never had experience with reserving more than 10 :eek: but I do work in a restaurant/banquet facility and they hate it when a reservation larger than that comes without notice since they may need to order more supply of meat and such.

I just called Moo Dae Po II and made a preliminary reservation for 40 people. Sounds like they can take even larger groups. But they only take reservations up to 6pm. So we have that for now if we want it. I'm going to count up the running total and see where we actually stand:

Everyone who's going so far: (* = name is up on the OT banner in graffiti; C = willing to drive a carpool)

Fidelis Hoodie*
doitlive* C (South Bay/Hermosa/Redondo/Gardena/Torrance)
Iceman* C (Pasadena/Eagle Rock)
Nintendoll* + 1
Clydefrog* C (Costa Mesa/OC)
HP_Wuvcraft*
Feep*
clearacell* C (Alhambra)
Ermac*
timetokill*
threenote*
Doomsayer*
Trident*
Zyzyxxz* C (Arcadia/Monterey Park)
cmonmanreally
Shogmaster
Argyle +1
davidpdong
zylfate +1
Phthisis + 1
ivysaur12
Puddles
Jamesfrom818
kidMuScLe
OrangeGrayBlue
staticneuron
BoobPhysics101
Taxman

Maybes:
H. Protagonist
HenryGale
GamePnoy74

That's 34 so far if the maybe's join. Looking good for Moo Dae Po II right now.. but is 6pm okay for everyone, especially those going out of their way?

Nice of you to offer, but we have three now (assuming Doitlive is still cool with this), so you don't have to cram yourself in the car with us creepers. ;)

If I were going to be in Los Angeles I'd head down to the South Bay just to ride back with you so you didn't feel left out. Do another one of these in March and I'll be there for it.

Aw, thanks. If this one works out I daresay we'll do another. This is probably the biggest turnout I've heard of for a gaf get together. I could be wrong, but I think we're destroying NY Gaf, Chicago gaf and Boston Gaf. :D

I just called Moo Dae Po II and made a preliminary reservation for 40 people. Sounds like they can take even larger groups. But they only take reservations up to 6pm. So we have that for now if we want it. I'm going to count up the running total and see where we actually stand.

I think I went to Moo Dae Po II for my 28th birthday. Big place. If it's anyone's birthday they'll come out and spray them with champagne. :p

bluemax

Banned
Nice of you to offer, but we have three now (assuming Doitlive is still cool with this), so you don't have to cram yourself in the car with us creepers. ;)

Aw, thanks. If this one works out I daresay we'll do another. This is probably the biggest turnout I've heard of for a gaf get together. I could be wrong, but I think we're destroying NY Gaf, Chicago gaf and Boston Gaf. :D

Good, that means I get to control the radio. There will be no Power 106 or KROQ in my car.

Top Bottom