• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTD| Oh, you're reading manga? How cute...

Mousou Bukatsu Shoujo 2 (NSFW doujin)

nTbl36O.png

Taruranto

Banana Fish End

This was uuuuhhhh. It kinda feels like it went on for too long, like it got too popular and the author had to stretch the story.

About Eiji/Ash's relationship,
I'm no sure what to make of it. It felt like the author initially wanted to make them a couple through and through, but then the manga got too popular and the story started to no-homo itself, down to Ash having "lol, what are you an homo bro" moments. Then the epilogue comes and it seems to portray their relationship as romantic. Same deal with Eiji and Sing in the epilogue, it seems like the story is trying to ship them together, but nothing comes to it and they just remain ambiguous. Does Sing have feelings for Eiji or is he driven by his guilt for what happened to Ash?

It feels kind cowardly, especially because the manga is full of evil gay rapists (Admittedly she doesn't equate gay with rape, as other awful characters show)

Chase17

Lycopene The Tomatoy Poodle 01
A combination of excellent world building, character design, mystery and references to political scandals (that I wouldn't have understood if now for the notes). We should all treasure the only three chapters of this that we will see in english.

In all seriousness, it just ok. I think the page where the girlfriend tears apart the gift because it wouldn't be popping on instagram was probably the best part. Seemed short for a first chapter.

One Piece 881
Jimbei is very cool.

Dr. Stone 30
Chrome about to get a major level up. RIP Senku (ok, probably not).

We Never Learn 34
Not much going on here. The praise becoming increasingly trivial was funny though.

Food Wars 234
Looks like Takumi is going to win this one. Gives me slight hope that they will let Megumi win one too.

Black Clover 128
I'm glad that they are bringing in the team members and making this more of a proper match than a 1v1. Yami was actually going to kill Sekke lol.

This series has a real antagonist problem. And even if the Langris/Finrel is interesting from a Finrel perspective, saying that Langris emotions are going overboard because he is a mind controlled unconscious traitor or whatever leaves a lot to be desired when it comes to the character of Langris.

Robot x Laserbeam 28
All this talk of going pro makes me think that this is where the series is headed. It's also going to be slightly problematic switching the cast from Suzaku and Yozan to the team after this arc. I'd guess if Yozan gets this eagle/win, then the series is definitely going to lead up to the pro circuit.

My Hero Academia 155
They better have a better solution to the Deku/Nighteye dies and Chisaki escapes prediction than the main character overcoming fate or some nonsense. With the factors contributing to this current event there are ways for the predictions to come true, while the series continues as normal. Nice to see all of the heroes left at the entrance show up.

The Promised Neverland 58
The guy proud of his nose being acknowledged lol. I don't think that the series was bad between the escape and now, but since the introduction of the nameless guy I think it has stepped back up to the pre escape quality. Also that arsenal reveal at the end. This trip is going to be good.

Rurouni Kenshin: The Hokkaido Arc 02
Yahiko's staying? Noooooo.

It seemed to me that they were bringing up the Kenshin injury thing to retcon it (which they sort of did since he will use the move anyways), but Kaoru affirming that he has grown weaker kind of alleviates my concern about that. It might be building up to him not being able to win a fight or something which would be neat.

New crew of villain characters seem alright. Hard to judge so far, but the lead guy was at least interesting. Saito remains very cool.

I have kind of forgotten that names of the three new characters (ashitaro is the main one I think) but I think the sooner they get developed a little more the better.

BLue Exorcist 94
DLta1d3W0AAWt3M.jpg:small

Yukio reconfirmed for the worst character in this, what was he even doing now that the entire society will collapse since no more mephisto...How do people even like Yukio.

The gunfire scene -> the barrier collapsing was incredible sequence of events.

Food Wars

Come on Taku, you have the feelings of Soma with you, you can do it. Please writers, give Taku a win, please.

BLack Clover 128

Oh it became a real match, and its probably so far in the top 3 of the manga. Shocked Xerx is going along with it and not really putting much of a complaint. I wonder if he may be in on the kings plan too?

DemWalls

Food Wars 234
Looks like Takumi is going to win this one. Gives me slight hope that they will let Megumi win one too.

I think Takumi winning actually increases the possibilities of Megumi losing. Soma probably won't lose either, and I don't see them going 2 vs 5 for the final round. Unless they plan on making Tsukasa take on 2 of them at a time, just to show how powerful he is. It's still a battle shonen after all.

I think Takumi winning actually increases the possibilities of Megumi losing. Soma probably won't lose either, and I don't see them going 2 vs 5 for the final round. Unless they plan on making Tsukasa take on 2 of them at a time, just to show how powerful he is. It's still a battle shonen after all.

I think my prediction from a few weeks ago is going to verify, Soma can lose, Taku and Megumi will win. There is nothing for the manga to gain by having Megumi lose. Taku is clearly due for a win against an opponent that actually matters.

Zweizer

Banned
Hatarakanai Futari ch189

She really cares for them, huh.

Tejina Senpai ch57

Science triumphs yet again!

Kingdom ch534

Mouten the real hero. This entire arc seems to be perfect for him to finally shine, though I wish he didn't just get off-screen KOed, considering we all know he's a more than capable fighter as well.

Hoshino, Me o Tsubutte. ch33-35

Guess it's time for Nishimura to get some spotlight, albeit the worst kind of it.

Rokudou no Onna-tachi ch63

Might be Rokudou's toughest fight yet, but hey, from a certain perspective, he wins whether he beats her or not.

Zweizer

Banned
Futari Monologue ch1 by Tsunamino Yuu

Two old friends are reunited together, though both have dramatically changed. The previously active and cheerful Hinata became all gloomy now that she's in high school, while Mikage, who used to be shy and all alone, is now a flashy gyaru. Short first chapter, but the set-up is fun, and the focus on their internal thoughts is ripe for lots of hilarious misunderstandings.

It seems like it's getting a live-action adaptation as well, so it's likely to be fairly solid.

Mousou Bukatsu Shoujo 2 by Mira

Sports friendship between girls is wonderful~ (cont.)

Pop Team Epic has been licensed for North America via Vertical, first volume will come over Fall of 18. Grand Blue will be also getting a physical release via Kodansha for Summer of 18

zroid

Banned
Aoharu x Machine gun vol 2

I don't know how I feel about this one yet. I have minimal interest in the overall conceit and i hate the gimmick of "girl mistaken as a boy ends up on a team with a no girls rule"

yet somehow it's kind of interesting? I dunno. I've got 2 more volumes on hand so I'll read those and then decide if it's worth sticking with.

Aoharu x Machine gun vol 2

I don't know how I feel about this one yet. I have minimal interest in the overall conceit and i hate the gimmick of "girl mistaken as a boy ends up on a team with a no girls rule"

yet somehow it's kind of interesting? I dunno. I've got 2 more volumes on hand so I'll read those and then decide if it's worth sticking with.

I wish that series had gone with Hotaru as a guy as I think it would have been way compelling if it had done it that way.

zroid

Banned
I wish that series had gone with Hotaru as a guy as I think it would have been way compelling if it had done it that way.
Yeah, it's just the gender swap stuff bogs down the rest of the story. I don't think it would have been a problem if she remains a girl but it would have to be written differently. Either way...

every time there's a panel where someone says "you're a guy so this is wrong" (etc.) and she thinks to herself "but I'm not" it's so damn cringey

Kimetsu no Yaiba 81

I hope we get a back story on Tanjiro's family history. Seems like everyone knows except poor Tanjiro. The flashback was interesting.

My Hero Academia 93-94

I'm crying. That was masterful.

I was listening to the OST as well and these chapters got me emotion af.

I love this series ughhhhhh

upandaway

Kimetsu no Yaiba 81

I hope we get a back story on Tanjiro's family history. Seems like everyone knows except poor Tanjiro. The flashback was interesting.
It feels like the details have been dripping in since the beginning so we could guess some of it. A full flashback is probably coming though but I guess it would be endgame at that point

hipbabboom

Huh? What did I say? Did I screw up again? :(
Parallel Paradise broke my brain. Why was this made? Its absolutely ridiculous. You know like how some people have that rare disorder that prevents them from feeling pain? Its like this magna's author has a similar disorder that prevents he or she from feeling shame.

Still, the art is fantastic. Is there any other work of their's that's as far removed from this subject matter as possible? I came to this series for isekai and now I have trauma :(

My fav chapters from the whole series.

My favourite manga fight I've read. So many emotions

I seriously don't remember getting this invested and emotional during an anime/manga fight before. The closest was probably FMA from all those years back.

Damn when
AM raised his fists up to the sky
and this part from the OST kicked in, I was in tears man.

MHA is spectacular. Horikoshi you damn genius.

Parallel Paradise broke my brain. Why was this made? Its absolutely ridiculous. You know like how some people have that rare disorder that prevents them from feeling pain? Its like this magna's author has a similar disorder that prevents he or she from feeling shame.

Still, the art is fantastic. Is there any other work of their's that's as far removed from this subject matter as possible? I came to this series for isekai and now I have trauma :(

What the shit is happening now? I went from thinking I was going to be sticking with this one for a while when he actually ended up having sex with one of the girls to dropping it one chapter later when those monsters showed up and started raping people.

Zweizer

Banned
Grand Blue ch38

Aina is so cute. Too bad Iori is so dense, but at least he kept a good mood going through the day.

I like the way she thinks. Her friends should make more appearances.

Hatarakanai Futari ch190

Don't play around with glasses.

Car Graffiti JK ch21

That's some high-grade bullying going on.

2D Nonsense After School! ch2

Well, it's good that they've reached a consensus after all that, though ultimately they picked the wrong battle to fight for.

striferser

Huge Nickleback Fan
Golden Kamuy 120
Shiraishi getting dick slapped by Tanigaki's is fucking amazing. I laugh too much at that scene.
Yeah,guy who wear hat during bath is probably a dangerous person

Grand Blue 38

Oh my god my fucking sides at someone submitting a picture of alcoholic drinks for the diving photo contest. Literal perfection.

I think my prediction from a few weeks ago is going to verify, Soma can lose, Taku and Megumi will win. There is nothing for the manga to gain by having Megumi lose. Taku is clearly due for a win against an opponent that actually matters.

Soma is not losing at all, they're probably not having Saitou play a third match in the manga at all, and this is soma's manga so yeah.

As i predicted, Soma wins, takumi wins, megumi loses. As for the next round, Tsukasa, Rindou and Momo vs Erina, Soma and Ishiki. If they want to stretch it, then we can swap erina with ishiki, have him lose, and have a final match of everyone remaining vs tsukasa, and they win with the power of friendship and love.

And then we get finally to Jouchiro vs Asami. End of saga.

Thud

They all win on team soma.

It will be a 2 on 2 cook off where Rindou and Tsukasa fight Soma and Erina.

Afterwards ten new elite members rush in. We Fairy CookingTail now.

Ala Alba

I just finished Hayate the Combat Butler.

Such an amazing final arc ruined by the last few pages (and the lack of closure for most of the characters).

DNAbro

My Hero Academia Vigilantes 14

Wasn’t expecting this to get translated so soon.

Captain Douchebag on the scene. Where is Stain when you need him?

bobohoro

I just finished Hayate the Combat Butler.

Such an amazing final arc ruined by the last few pages (and the lack of closure for most of the characters).

Amazing final arc?
Where?

We can't study 34

Even though every situation is terribly predictable, the manga still pulls it off rather well and is at least entertaining. Clumsy maid reactions were golden.
Helps that Yuiga is at least a somewhat decent MC.

Ala Alba

.....the final arc is trash though.

Amazing final arc?
Where?

I know I have different tastes than most of Anime/MangaGAF, but perhaps 'final arc' is a bit more limiting than I meant. I read from the end of the school trip arc to the end last night, so I'm kind of lumping it together.

I liked the growth of the characters and change in situation over that period of the manga a lot.

Starting with
Hayate taking advantage of Nagi's trust to win the game and grab the 150 million to pay off his debt, then Nagi beating Maria at roulette. Then you had Maria's decision to quit being Nagi's maid, and Hayate trying to ensure Nagi gets the inheritance he thinks she needs to survive. Meanwhile the NagixHayate misunderstanding starts building up with Nagi's manga, with the heavy foreshadowing that it will result in Nagi opening a path to the royal garden. Then Maria actually does quit, followed by the reveal of Hayate's parents and Nagi finally learning the truth about her and Hayate's first meeting.

Of course, there's also clearing up all the lingering questions about Himegami and the royal power. Rescuing Nagi from her wish was also good, and the conclusion with Nagi permanently giving up her inheritance and firing Hayate to live life on her own felt like the payoff I wanted for her character arc. The beginning of the epilogue made this even better, showing how she did manage to become someone who could take care of not only herself but also her friends without Maria, Hayate, or her wealth as crutches.

I really thought it was a great conclusion, up until those last few pages. Out of the seven real potential pairings for Hayate,
NagixHayate is only above RukaxHayate and IzumixHayate. The other four (Maria, Ayumu, Hinagiku, and Athena) all made much more sense than Nagi (because the whole point of the final arc was that Hayate really wasn't in love with Nagi).

I dunno, maybe it's worse when you're reading it as it comes out, but I thought it was really good.

Chase17

Curveball is that Isobe is ending. Opens up a gag spot for everybody's favorite toy tomato poodle lol. Kimetsu finally getting its poll results is nice.

Issue 46:
Saiki Kusuo No Psi Nan (Cover, Color)
Black Clover
Promised Neverland
Dr. Stone
Haikyu!!
Tomatoypoo no Lycopene (Color)
My Hero Academia
Hinomaru Sumo
Yuragi-sou no Yûna-san
Kimetsu no Yaiba
Boruto (Color)
We Never Learn
Isobe Isobee Monogatari (Color, End)
Shokugeki no Soma
Robot x Laserbeam
Gintama
Shudan (23 pages)
Cross Account
Spring Weapon no. 1
Hungry Marie (End)
Absent:
One Piece, H x H, World Trigger
Issue 47:
Fulldrive by Ono Genki (Cover, Color, New Serie)
Colors: The Promised Neverland, Spring Weapon No. 1 (Anniversary & Poll), Kimetsu no Yaiba (Color & Results of Populary Characters Contest)

The idea of spring weapon getting an anniversary and a poll blows my mind it rarely ranks well and sells like garbage. Is it just the new kochikame? Why is it still around?

Top Bottom