• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

May 2015 NPD (U.S. Hardware) Predictions - Closes June 9th

donny2112

Just like consoles, the prediction thread is dead.

Oh well, maybe next cycle.

2014 was better. 2013, 2012, and 2011 (stopped checking after that) all were about as low or lower (2011 May thread was 1 page). Perspective! :lol New console gens always bring out more participation, and then it wanes as the gen moves on.

Cornbread78

It's a good thing cornbread's PS4 vs. XB1 predictions are close to mine but that Wii U bump, you positive about the Splatoon effect?

No, I'm not confident at all in that one, that was a shot in the dark that it got a nice bump. I might move that down to 40-45 soon, lol.

RexNovis

Banned
Man it looks like I'm slated to be the uber pessimist this time around. Not sure why I'm just feeling a big decline for everyone this time. I don't see the witcher really pushing any hardware sales and its usually a pretty substantial MoM drop for May anyways. Maybe I'm being too negative with my estimations.

Vena

Man it looks like I'm slated to be the uber pessimist this time around. Not sure why I'm just feeling a big decline for everyone this time. I don't see the witcher really pushing any hardware sales and its usually a pretty substantial MoM drop for May anyways. Maybe I'm being too negative with my estimations.

Just throw everything under the 100k bus, and call it a day!

Fat4all

Banned

It's just a little too slow. People can feel the lead-up to the crazy gaming season we're about to have, E3 is a stones throw away and who knows what gets announced there.

It's natural. Luckily this seems to be among the slower times of the year before going headlong into the Christmas spiral.

Welfare

This May is a bit hard to predict. How far will PS4 continue to fall due to it still being $399, even with deals? Has the Xbox One gained enough momentum for the summer time to be close to the PS4, or can it only get close with deals? Is the Wii U dead yet :p?

This May is a bit hard to predict. How far will PS4 continue to fall due to it still being $399, even with deals? Has the Xbox One gained enough momentum for the summer time to be close to the PS4, or can it only get close with deals? Is the Wii U dead yet :p?

don't forget: what the fuck are we supposed to expect from the 3DS, yet again

labaronx

[PS4] 165k
[XB1] 140k
[WIU] 51k
[3DS] 110k

No sales everything down this month. Wish we had a good idea of ps4 batman preorders

so with the yearly update (which probably includes a bit of June), Splatoon barely cracks the top 100 at #95, one spot above Xenoblade Chronicles 3D

ehhh

edit: obviously Amazon dude...

Where?

Fuck how did I not think of that.
lmao what else could I possibly have been referring to
Didn't cs give a range for that game for comparison? IIRC, that would mean it's a sizeably smaller value than the Japanese sales. (o.o)

keep in mind XC3D is (much) more likely to be over-represented on Amazon and all that

but it's not even that relative comparison, it's the overall spot that's questionable (for a quick example that isn't worth much, every other Amazon sub-branch has it higher yearly including UK)

edit: I really do love how Nintendo fans keep pulling the "well Nintendo doesn't do well in the UK" as if they did any better in any other country in Europe besides France/Germany

Chobel

What's your prediction for The Witcher 3, Project Cars and Splatoon?

TW3: 500K
PCars: 150K
Splatoon: 100K

[3DS] 102K
[PS4] 165K
[WIU] 40K
[XB1] 161K

No notable releases this month what so ever?! Wow that's awful. Guess everybody is either playing The Witcher or playing through their backlog. (Psychonauts and TLoU: Left Behind for me)

Majmun

Don't forget there's Xbox One Master Chief Collection bundle in this list too.

Sure, but the Ps4 outsold the X1 version of Witcher 3. Either Ps4 performed great, or the X1 version of Witcher 3 didn't do so well on Amazon.

Two Ps4 SKU's of Witcher 3 in the top 20, for reference.

Top Bottom