• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Media Create Sales 10/1 - 10/7 2007

test_account

XP-39C²
Stumpokapow said:
ActiveX is by far the largest virus vector, and exists only within IE and the IE rendering engine. The real issue is not opening executables, it's opening the mail at all; embedded ActiveX can execute as well as an executable file can. To be fair to Microsoft, in both the last several versions of Internet Explorer and the last several versions of Outlook, ActiveX content has been clamped down on. But, yes, because of ActiveX, IE has systematic security flaws versus FireFox.

Ah yes, true, i totally forgot about ActiveX. But to be fair, i'm pretty sure that the default IE settings isnt set to download and run every ActiveX script automaticly since it seems like a known issue with viruses, it will ask first tho. And you can turn it complete off too :) But if you have set it to run all scripts automaticly i guess you can say its the users fault since i'm pretty sure the default ActiveX settings in IE isnt set like this. But anyway, IE (atleast IE6, dunno about IE7) is known to not being the safest browser indeed.

Top Bottom