• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Media Create Sales 11/12 - 11/18 2007

perfectchaos007 said:
All 4 of those PSP models are selling more than the Wii. Also they are going for a price higher than the Wii.

Wii was out of top25 while sales were around 20-24k a week, in the latest 3 weeks (since SMG release week) it was always on top25; this means demand has increased.
Another consideration: new PSP models always have a bump during weekend.

PSP started to sell strong with new models and new colors, i think it's time for Nintendo to release new Wii colors... seems like japanese people like color variations.

SovanJedi

provides useful feedback
Drinky Crow said:
poor smg sales = awesome

Weren't you one of the biggest voices in the whole "NPD aren't supplying us sales numbers anymore", telling everyone to not bother with sales figures and go back to talking about games again?

xaosslug

you know, what if Capcom got 0wn3d again this time around taking a chance with another Nintendo home console exclusive.

OH NOES... LET US ALL JOIN HANDS AND PRAY FOR MONSTER HUNTER 3'S FUTURE SALES

Lobster

Banned
grandjedi6 said:
First Twilight Princess, now Super Mario Galaxy.

How many of Nintendo's franchises will require solely NA to live off of?

Considering NA is always awesome to Nintendo products, NA will probably always be Nintendo's biggest market.

xaosslug said:
you know, what if Capcom got 0wn3d again this time around taking a chance with another Nintendo home console exclusive.

OH NOES... LET US ALL JOIN HANDS AND PRAY FOR MONSTER HUNTER 3'S FUTURE SALES

UC, a rail gun game sold 80k first week. You shouldn't worry bout Capcom and Wii.

SovanJedi said:
Weren't you one of the biggest voices in the whole "NPD aren't supplying us sales numbers anymore", telling everyone to not bother with sales figures and go back to talking about games again?
ignore the troll. he posts to annoy not to discuss.

MrSardonic

The nerdiest nerd of all the nerds in nerdland
I'm really surprised that SMG is selling so badly (in relative terms for a Mario game) in Japan.

Dahbomb

This thread in a nutshell:

*Good sales for REUC.

*SMG keeps dropping consistently and Mario Party keeps selling like cakes consistently. Bizarro world confirmed.

*Heavenly Sword debuts to shitty number to NO surprise. R&C does about the same it did last week which isn't really that good.

*DW6 sells ridiculous and is north of 250K. So basically about 1/4th of PS3 owners in Japan have DW6. :lol I kid...

Hardware numbers is going to be a big repeat of last week. PS3 outsells Wii by a margin of 2.5x and becomes the 3rd best selling overall console of the week (under DS and PSP respeectively). 360 does shit because there is nothing to buy in it for this week.

Media Creates predictions brought to you by Famitsu numbers. :lol

Frillen

Drinky Crow said:
poor smg sales = awesome

Horrible Ratchet sales = fantastic :D

Oh wait, it's not, because it's actually a really good game and I, in difference to you, don't like to see fantastic games sell bad.

Edit: Why isn't he banned from sales thread again? Give me one valid reason.

Frillen said:
Horrible Ratchet sales = fantastic :D

Oh wait, it's not, because it's actually a really good game and I, in difference to you, don't like to see fantastic games sell bad.

Edit: Why isn't he banned from sales thread again? Give me one valid reason.
Because he is a joke account that mods have given special privileges. Don't ask me why, it's fucking stupid. Ignore him, like many others suggest.

bcn-ron said:
The best part of that conversation would be Nintendo Of Europe, hiding in a hole in the ground, trying not to be seen.

NoE: "Third party sells bitch".

Souldriver said:
Because he is a joke account that mods have given special privileges. Don't ask me why, it's fucking stupid. Ignore him, like many others suggest.

Personally I don't give two shits about him, but I'm sure for some it gets to the point of being somewhat funny to annoying, but then again that's exactly what he's trying to achieve.

List update time
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=8379282&postcount=454

11/15
NDS Famista DS - 45,000
NDS Game Center CX: Arino no Chousenjou - 46,000
PS3 Heavenly Sword - 16,000
PSP Anata o Yurusanai - 7,500
WII Biohazard Umbrella Chronicles - 105,000

11/22
NDS Dragon Quest IV: Michibikareshi Monotachi
NDS Ryuusei no RockMan 2
PS2 Final Fantasy XI: Altana no Kamihei
PS2 World Soccer Winning Eleven 2008
PS3 World Soccer Winning Eleven 2008
WII Mario & Sonic at Bejing Olympics
360 Final Fantasy XI: Altana no Kamihei
360 World Soccer Winning Eleven 2008

justjohn

interested to see the ratio of WE between ps3 and ps2. konami should have released it exclusively on ps3 to increase ps3 hardware. after all it will benefit them in the long run.
release the ps2 version later

justjohn said:
interested to see the ratio of WE between ps3 and ps2. konami should have released it exclusively on ps3 to increase ps3 hardware. after all it will benefit them in the long run.
release the ps2 version later
Konami isn't looking out for Sony's best interests, they're not going to wait for benefits in the long run when they can make said benefits by releasing the game on a system with a gazillion userbase right now.

farnham

Banned
i see to options for sonic and mario

either sonic will ruin the sales for it or mario will help it to sell..

we will see..

Magicpaint said:
Konami isn't looking out for Sony's best interests, they're not going to wait for benefits in the long run when they can make said benefits by releasing the game on a system with a gazillion userbase right now.
He sort of has a point though, given that a probable 97.5% of Konami's investments are tied into a PS3 exclusive at the moment. In the case of Konami (and Square), there is absolutely a good reason for them to have a vested interest in increasing the PS3 userbase.

Grecco

Segata Sanshiro said:
He sort of has a point though, given that a probable 97.5% of Konami's investments are tied into a PS3 exclusive at the moment. In the case of Konami (and Square), there is absolutely a good reason for them to have a vested interest in increasing the PS3 userbase.

They could "gasp" not make it exclusive instead.

Segata Sanshiro said:

I agree. PS3 is the natural extension of that franchise, and I don't think Konami wants to test the waters so openly with the Wii just yet. In fact, the title being a PS3 exclusive in the first place is probably a way for Konami to force the issue of growing the PS3 userbase to begin with.

DeaconKnowledge said:
I agree. PS3 is the natural extension of that franchise, and I don't think Konami wants to test the waters so openly with the Wii just yet. In fact, the title being a PS3 exclusive in the first place is probably a way for Konami to force the issue of growing the PS3 userbase to begin with.
But we've seen what has happened to Musou, Minna no Golf and Virtua Fighter; I don't think the PS3 is doing anything to make Konami think it'd be a worthwhile move.

- Again, many hopes shattered that SMG will somehow start selling faster than hot cakes. At least you all can commence a circle jerk over its non-Japanese sales, where it is sure to sell at or more than 2 million this holiday season. SMG Japan might reach 750,000. Which isn't bad for a Wii game that isn't Wii Sports or Wii Play.

- Konami has an interest in seeing PS3 succeed and they might not be willing to spend that kind of money making ports to 360 and Wii. I don't know how much cash Konami has on hand to spend on porting but they are probably still imagining that even if PS3 tanks, Konami games will receive enough attention to at least break even.

- People whining about Drinky Crow are hilarious. He bashes a game and you all have aneurysms over it. His posts aren't even that funny but the reactions make it all worthwhile.

Haunted

I'm a huge Mario Party fan, so I'm pleased that its newest iteration sells well, but those Mario galaxy numbers sure are disheartening. Such a fantastic game deserves more than "decent" or "pretty good" sales.

Grecco said:
Maybe rename SMG to Star Party featuring Mario
:lol

:(

Dragona Akehi said:
i don't see him hating on fire emblem anywhere.
Trauma Centre am cry?

Parl

Unless there's moneyhats involved (which wouldn't surprise me) it probably isn't a good idea for MGS4 and FF13 to remain PS3 exclusive. However, if Konami and SE have decided to have a 360 version (or maybe a Wii version) of these titles, it's probably in their interest to announce such a thing as late as possible.

Maybe...

Sirolf

Parl said:
Unless there's moneyhats involved (which wouldn't surprise me) it probably isn't a good idea for MGS4 and FF13 to remain PS3 exclusive. However, if Konami and SE have decided to have a 360 version (or maybe a Wii version) of these titles, it's probably in their interest to announce such a thing as late as possible.

Maybe...
No no we all want a port on the Wii because it has the largest userbase.

Does anyone have a explanation for the big difference in numbers between MC and Famitsu? What is the difference between their counting methods?

Jonnyram said:
DSL 76,069
PSP 65,609
PS3 39,178
Wii 36,230
PS2 8,855
Xbox360 6,525
GBASP 153
GBM 109
GC 38
DS 15

oof

Ah PS3 is dropping :( I wanted to keep it up for a month so the Media Create threads could be a little more interesting

Dahbomb

Jonnyram said:
DSL 76,069
PSP 65,609
PS3 39,178
Wii 36,230
PS2 8,855
Xbox360 6,525
GBASP 153
GBM 109
GC 38
DS 15

oof
Massive difference in MC and Famitsu numbers for PS3. Something is amiss...

SovanJedi

provides useful feedback
Isn't it weird how the PS3 and PS2 have swapped numbers though? Some months back it was the PS3 that was around 8k while the PS2 was in the 30s.

Most bizarre turn of events indeed.

Dahbomb said:
Massive difference in MC and Famitsu numbers for PS3. Something is amiss...

Nice quick edit there, Fakey McFaker.

Jonnyram

PuppetSlave said:
Does anyone have a explanation for the big difference in numbers between MC and Famitsu? What is the difference between their counting methods?
M.Create and Toys'R'Us had a tiff.

31./28. [NDS] Animal Crossing Wild World (Nintendo)
32./25. [NDS] More Brain Age (Nintendo)
33./27. [NDS] Tamagotchi no Puchi-Puchi Omisecchi: Thanks Everybody! (Bandai-Namco)
34./22. [PSP] Gundam Battle Chronicle (Bandai-Namco)
35./21. [NDS] World Soccer Winning Eleven DS: Goal to Goal (Konami)
36./26. [NDS] More English Training (Nintendo)
37./06. [PSP] Castlevania Chronicle (Konami)
38./00. [NDS] Cooking Mama 2 (Taito)
39./31. [NDS] Kanji Test 2 (Rocket Co.)
40./43. [WII] Wario Ware Smooth Moves (Nintendo)
41./00. [NDS] Dungeon Explorer: Evil's Domain (Hudson)
42./36. [PSP] Metal Gear Solid Portable Ops+ (Konami)
43./19. [PS3] Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon: Advanced Warfighter 2 (Ubi Soft)
44./47. [NDS] Prof. Layton and the Curious Village (Level 5)
45./29. [NDS] Dragon Tamer: Sound Spirit (Bandai-Namco)
46./38. [NDS] Brain Age (Nintendo)
47./35. [PS2] Dragon Ball Z: Sparking! Meteor (Bandai-Namco)
48./34. [PS2] Ar Tonelico 2 (Banpresto)
49./23. [360] Ace Combat 6: Fires of Liberation (Bandai-Namco)
50./45. [NDS] English Training (Nintendo)

NDS - 26
WII - 7
PSP - 6
PS3 - 5
PS2 - 4
360 - 2

hardware.gif

Code:
Hardware - This Week | Last Week |       YTD |        LTD
1. NDS   -    76,084 |    78,884 | 6,037,183 | 20,042,862
2. PSP   -    65,609 |    58,964 | 2,310,547 |  6,842,676
3. PS3   -    39,178 |    55,924 |   883,746 |  1,341,304
4. WII   -    36,230 |    34,546 | 2,896,660 |  3,816,303
5. PS2   -     8,855 |     9,043 |   667,628 | 20,822,487
6. 360   -     6,525 |     5,817 |   195,241 |    459,943
7. GBA   -       262 |       923 |    50,165 | 15,348,244
8. NGC   -        38 |        69 |    10,341 |  4,179,809
GBA = 0 GBA + 153 SP + 109 Micro
NDS = 15 DS + 76,069 Lite

s_20071112.png

Poor PS3, things don't look good for it at all, heck PSP lite did more for the PSP then PS3 new colors + price drop for the PS3. I like to see those advocating that "new trend". The thing I find most interesting is the PSP and the DS, it's getting closer and closer each week.

SovanJedi said:
Isn't it weird how the PS3 and PS2 have swapped numbers though? Some months back it was the PS3 that was around 8k while the PS2 was in the 30s.

Most bizarre turn of events indeed.

Nice quick edit there, Fakey McFaker.

Only because of the price drop and new color has the PS3 and PS2 swapped numbers. Before that PS3 was doing sub 20k and PS2 around 10k.

Dahbomb

mabuza said:
eh what's with the huge difference in the numbers. anyway i'll go with famitsu numbers. suits my agenda better

I expect a lot of gold coming up for this Media create thread.

User 1: Lulz PS3 bump temporary... it will level off far below Wii. PS3 d00m3d!

User 2: Media Create am lie... check out them Famitsu numbers. Wii am cry, Empire Strikes Back confirmed.

User 3: No U LIE!!!111

User 4: Japan sucks.

sprsk

force push the doodoo rock
Sp0rsk: Banned.

User 2: Media Create am lie... check out them Famitsu numbers. Wii am cry, Empire Strikes Back confirmed.

SovanJedi

provides useful feedback
WII - 7
PSP - 6
PS3 - 5
PS2 - 4
360 - 2

No 360, you got it wrong! You should have 3, not 2! Now the whole pattern is messed up. :(

EDIT:
Dahbomb said:
He doesn't need to spin anything. If the Famitsu numbers hold any weight PS3 crushed the Wii this week (@ 66K). He can just spin it to "MC got it wrong this week" or some shit.

Sp0rsk said:

I don't think he's going to tempt fate somehow.

Dahbomb

sp0rsk said:

Waiting for spwolf to spin this.
He doesn't need to spin anything. If the Famitsu numbers hold any weight PS3 crushed the Wii this week (@ 66K). He can just spin it to "MC got it wrong this week" or some shit.

Top Bottom