• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Media Create Sales 6 Feb ~ 12 Feb

Archie

Second-rate Anihawk
underfooter said:
I still don't understand why the Japanese love that puppy training software. Unless it is a fad that dies it will continue to separate Japanese gamers interest and the rest of the world.

I mean....c'mon. That stuff will NEVER sell over here.
yeah

7Th

underfooter said:
I still don't understand why the Japanese love that brain-learning software. Unless it is a fad that dies it will continue to separate Japanese gamers interest and the rest of the world.

So, shall we make it a bet?

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
underfooter said:
Cute, loving puppies are another story.
So is loving 50 cent crapfests. :lol

Leonsito said:
Code:
-		PSP		DS		Dif.
LTD:		2.993.235	5.998.755	3.005.520
YTD 2005:	2.200.710	4.151.356	1.950.646
YTD 2006:	310.273		351.803		41.530
Why are PSP/DS LTDs never the same from everyone?

A Link to the Past said:
One would have said the same about Winning Eleven. It may have shown up (I do not know or remember), but not only are PSP games largely less popular than their siblings on other systems, but it's coming up against the DS Lite.
It's a PS2 Gundam game.

Firest0rm

underfooter said:
I still don't understand why the Japanese love that brain-learning software. Unless it is a fad that dies it will continue to separate Japanese gamers interest and the rest of the world.

Har Har, welcome aboard.

elostyle

Never forget! I'm Dumb!
underfooter said:

Please give 2005 a rest, you're making me feel old.

FtsH

underfooter said:

brain-learning software can still be kind of a game, but now DS English Training? Give me a break...

Akia

PhoenixDark said:
Why doesn't Nintendo just ship one last 600,000 shipment of DS hardware to Japan? They'll hold up until May.

?

Supply problems. Nintendo is trying to get as many DS out there. But they're having issues getting them from China + the Chinese New Year complicating things.

DS in Japan = Xbox 360 in America.

Midas said:
As many as Sony can produce.

sonycowboy said:
IAWTP 100%

It's the only correct answer. Although, this is NOT to say that you will NEVER see them on shelves. It's just that they won't last long on the shelves without constant replenishment. Also, stores will presumably stock up closer to the holidays so they may not be that hard to find in August or September, but then the holiday sales will eat up whatever inventory might be out there and then some.

:lol :lol :lol seems like they were talking about the DS

Drinky Crow said:
I'll bet it outsells the DS 3:1 Christmas 2005, at LEAST.

Sony: Actually, I'm betting the DS has marginally better software support because it takes a much smaller budget to develop for and has a very simple hardware configuration with a common processor. The "oh, devs want to try something new" is just producer/director level rhetoric; in the end, it's all about the bottom line, and, well, it doesn't get more bottom line than the DS hardware.

:D

Broshnat said:
What?????

There are some idiots about...

By the end of 2005:

PSP

2.5m Japan
4.0m USA
2.5m PAL

9.0m total

DS
4.0m Japan
7.0m USA
2.5m PAL

13.5m total

You just wait and see...

:lol This one is pretty spot on, only off by a small number.

Jonnyram

I do believe Monster Hunter is officially the biggest selling PSP game in Japan now. Good job Capcom. I wonder if any of that success will transfer over to Monster Hunter 2 on the PS2.

Raw64life

Yea, Broshnat came closer than anybody. Speaking of which...

http://www.ga-forum.com/showthread.php?t=31068

duckroll said:
The PSP will sell more than 10 million units worldwide by Dec 2005. If that doesn't happen, you can ban me for all of Jan 2006. :D

Broshnat said:
If the PSP sells more than 10 million by December 2005 you can ban me for a month

...one of them had to be wrong. IIRC it was pretty close. I'm not quite up to date on GAF drama, was a sentence ever passed on this?

cvxfreak

Jonnyram said:
I do believe Monster Hunter is officially the biggest selling PSP game in Japan now. Good job Capcom. I wonder if any of that success will transfer over to Monster Hunter 2 on the PS2.

Imagine an original release.

I think Capcom ought to try a DS installment if it's possible. Maybe it's in the Animal Crossing corner where it's portableness totally outshines its console presence.

VOOK

We don't know why he keeps buying PAL, either.
I have question... Nintendo are shipping what 500k DS Lites to Japan for the launch? Can we expect 500k on the weekly sales?

cvxfreak

VOOK said:
I have question... Nintendo are shipping what 500k DS Lites to Japan for the launch? Can we expect 500k on the weekly sales?

Perhaps. I'm expecting something like 400K myself.

I predict 468k.

With all the hype for the Lite, the tangible improvements made to the hardware, and all of the pent up demand (especially now with Chinese New Year bringing DS to a grinding halt), there is no way they won't blow away their shipment.

Nintendo wouldn't be aiming to have 1 million on shelves in March if they didn't think they could sell them.

Beowvlf

Banned
These lists would be far more interesting week after week if the budget priced edutainment was omitted, especially since to GAF the Top 10 is all that matters.

Archie

Second-rate Anihawk
Heian-kyo said:
These lists would be far more interesting week after week if the budget priced edutainment would be omitted, especially since to GAF the Top 10 is all that matters.
Because the games that you want to be at the top would be there GO SONY :D:D

Akia said:
Careful there. Your going to be the butt of many jokes a year from now.

He's actually making a reference to something said in a previous topic about the PSP.

Heian-kyo said:
These lists would be far more interesting week after week if the budget priced edutainment was omitted, especially since to GAF the Top 10 is all that matters.

You make it sound like everyone else does it like this. :lol Maybe it's just that you want to see less DS games on the top ten list, you horrible person?!

cvxfreak

I'm going to stop posting top 100 charts then. Because GAF only cares about the top 10.

Source: Heian-kyo

:)lol :lol :lol)

Archie

Second-rate Anihawk
cvxfreak said:
I'm going to stop posting top 100 charts then. Because GAF only cares about the top 10.

Source: Heian-kyo

:)lol :lol :lol)

Just omit the "budget price edutainment" so that Heian-kyo doesn't cry

cvxfreak

Archie said:
Just omit the "budget price edutainment" so that Heian-kyo doesn't cry

Hell no. It's not GAF's problem that Heian-kyo's a damn PSP-fanboy/DS-troll/both who's playing the tired "non-game" angle to somehow explain why the DS is owning his portable of choice. He made things very clear for me when he posted fake Canadian NPD numbers.

Maybe I'll just spoiler tag them because we all love him.

If the next few weeks are anything like this, it's just possible that PSP could overtake DS for 2006 before the Lite arrives.

Raw64life said:
DS shortages FTL. That's easily it's lowest selling week ever.
Yeah, it's something like half of its previous low. Also lower than any PSP week yet. I believe this also the first time since Easter that it's not the first or second best selling hardware.

PhoenixDark said:
Why doesn't Nintendo just ship one last 600,000 shipment of DS hardware to Japan?
The same reason I don't, though to a lesser degree.

Akia

A Link to the Past said:
He's actually making a reference to something said in a previous topic about the PSP.

I know. He's making the same mistake. For all we know the PSP can rebound back.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
jj984jj said:
Why are PSP/DS LTDs never the same from everyone?
Because people don't know how to use a spreadsheet? Leonsito's DS number is correct, he's 20 too high on this year's PSP total though.

Jonnyram

OK, just for Heian-kyo

1. (3) DS Animal Crossing DS
2. (4) PS2 Siren 2
3. (7) PS2 Tourist Trophy
4. (8) PSP Monster Hunter Portable
5. (9) PS2 Shin Onimusha
6. (10) DS Mario Kart DS
7. (11) PS2 Dirge of Cerberus FFVII
8. (12) DS Eyeshield 21
9. (13) PS2 Winning Eleven 9 Bonus Pack
10. (14) PS2 Nobunaga's Ambition

Is that better?

I doubt Brain Training will be a hit here. Unless it gets stark-raving reviews and non-gaming publication press (like Nintendogs did) I just don't see it being a hit here. If you all-american kid sees Brain Training, he is just going to laugh.

Can someone throw a pic of the boxart up?

Top Bottom