• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Media Create Sales 7/16 - 7/22

Sapapayo

TJ Spyke said:
Amazon Japan has the 60GB model at ¥59,980 (including tax), that is about $504 US.

Halo 3 will not move that many systems in Japan, it will provide a small insignificant bump at most.

Thanks.

jimbo

Banned
Dies Iræ said:
You know, Jimbo, the fact that every single person, Xbot or Nintendoid, in this thread strongly disagrees with you should be a HINT.

Is this kind of like that PS3 statement, if it wasn't for the Wii and 360 the PS3 is the best selling next gen system out there?

Because yeah, if you ignore the people right above your post that also think what I am saying is achievable, then yes, NO ONE is agreeing with me.

rakka said:
And if it sells at a steady rate of 3000 a week for the next 4 years, approx end of this gen, it will pass 1million.

Of course that's not counting fluctuations in sales, but its certainly not "insane" to predict 1 mil LTD is it?

It's not like there aren't any more significant releases, or unnannounced games.

Parl said:
I don't think 360 getting a million is that inconceivable. In fact, it wouldn't surprise me if it happened. It's been out for 20 months, and sales this year are better than last year. Nearly double for a typical week, iirc. With LO this fall (?) it could bump 360 sales to be at about 4-5k per typical week in 2008, which would be about 300,000 just for 2008 if it kept it up (accounting for Christmas period), which is could do because 360 has kept its huge advantage over last year's sale, this year.

I know dead consoles normally end up selling worse and worse as the generation goes through, but 360 sales have picked up the pace this year, despite competition starting from Wii, and the similarly positioned PlayStation 3.

Deku said:
Lets just bump it down for 4 to 3 years and call it a day. Still, the point stands quite well.

Does this come from that same school of thought?

DaMan121

So let me get this straight, Konami completely misreads what Wii owners want, releases a new IP, a cutesy platformer of all things, doesn't put in enough investment in it, and it sells like shit. So now, no 3rd party titles will never sell on it. Cutesy platformers havent really been setting the Japanese charts on fire in recent years outside of Mario's latest on the DS, so I have to question Konami's logic in creating one, and whats worse a new IP instead of reusing one of their more well known cutesy characters.

Hcoregamer00

The 'H' stands for hentai.
DaMan121 said:
So let me get this straight, Konami completely misreads what Wii owners want, releases a new IP, a cutesy platformer of all things, doesn't put in enough investment in it, and it sells like shit. So now, no 3rd party titles will never sell on it. Cutesy platformers havent really been setting the Japanese charts on fire in recent years outside of Mario's latest on the DS, so I have to question Konami's logic in creating one, and whats worse a new IP instead of reusing one of their more well known cutesy characters.

I know, they should have made a cutesy platform with Metal Gear Solid Characters.

I would buy :D

jimbo

Banned
The Sphinx said:
Of course not. Because "Halo moving units in Japan" != "360 selling 1 million in Japan" or "Bill Gates declared Emperor of Japan" or whatever other fantasies you may have.

Yes because that was what I said............

DaMan121

Hcoregamer00 said:
I know, they should have made a cutesy platform with Metal Gear Solid Characters.

I would buy :D

Well Snake is in Smash, which would have gotten you a one way ticket to the loony-bin if you suggested that 2 years ago. I mean, I haven't played Dewey, it might be good, but I really have to question the brainstorming sessions they have when coming up with ideas for the Wii. I took me like 2 seconds while looking at their IPs to come up with a Rush N Attack sequel for the Wii - stabbing with the Wii-mote. Making new IPs successful is HARD, thats why most games are sequels, and if your going to try you definetly don't want to go in half arsed like Konami did with Dewey.

duderon

rollin' in the gutter
Lookie lookie what I found.

01 GBA Kingdom Hearts COM 173,000 / 173,000
02 PS2 Magna Carta 115,000 / 115,000
03 GBA Legend Of Zelda MC 30,000 / 123,000
04 XB Halo 2 29,000 / 29,000
05 GC Mario Tennis 25,000 / 220,000
06 GBA Made In Wario 20,000 / 235,000
07 GBA Pokemon Emerald 18,000 / 1,101,000
08 PS2 Shining Tears 16,000 / 82,000
09 PS2 Bokujou Monogatari 15,000 / 15,000
10 PS2 Ace Combat 5 12,000 / 261,000

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=23817

Hcoregamer00

The 'H' stands for hentai.
duderon said:
Lookie lookie what I found.

01 GBA Kingdom Hearts COM 173,000 / 173,000
02 PS2 Magna Carta 115,000 / 115,000

03 GBA Legend Of Zelda MC 30,000 / 123,000
04 XB Halo 2 29,000 / 29,000
05 GC Mario Tennis 25,000 / 220,000
06 GBA Made In Wario 20,000 / 235,000
07 GBA Pokemon Emerald 18,000 / 1,101,000
08 PS2 Shining Tears 16,000 / 82,000
09 PS2 Bokujou Monogatari 15,000 / 15,000
10 PS2 Ace Combat 5 12,000 / 261,000

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=23817

OMG they have no taste.

An amazing discovery.

Sharp

I love how suddenly Konami wasn't putting any effort into Dewey just because it didn't sell well. It looks pretty fantastic, really, and my major complaint about the game is removed since the in-game footage I've seen has a much less jarring soundtrack. But they released it at a crazy time and didn't give it much of an advertising budget, and now it's paying the consequences.

DaMan121

I love how suddenly Konami wasn't putting any effort into Dewey just because it didn't sell well.

Is this about my comments? I think Dewey LOOKs great, have no idea how it plays besides that commercial with the kids high on red cordial twirling the Wii-mote around. It looks like it has a lot more polish than other 3rd party offerings, and I'm sure the devs busted their arses on it. But appeal and more importantly game sales sometimes have little to do with effort spent on development. And if you have already written off a large part of the Wii audience as a 'kiddy fad', I think your on your way to a self full filing prophesy of failure.

ghstwrld

Sharp said:
I love how suddenly Konami wasn't putting any effort into Dewey just because it didn't sell well. It looks pretty fantastic, really, and my major complaint about the game is removed since the in-game footage I've seen has a much less jarring soundtrack. But they released it at a crazy time and didn't give it much of an advertising budget, and now it's paying the consequences.

Doesn't konami's janked up maketing for the game qualify them as not putting in any effort? One would have thought they had learned their lesson from Elebits performance in Japan but......

Anyway, I hope they get their shit together for the U.S/PAL release.

Pellham

Banned
Xisiqomelir said:
I can't decide which is the most entertaining to have in an MC thread: jimbo, lance, tabris or junior members.

tabris by far. he is the most delusional fanboy on GAF currently. (not in any way a dis against him, i personally think he makes for more entertaining GAF reading)

apujanata

sphinx said:
Konami is stuck in the N64 era with their way of thinking and they shall pay for misreading the market.

If Konami really ignore Nintendo, I can see them getting smaller in the near future. Do you all consider Konami as giving good support for DS ? I know there is the Lunar Knight game, which I enjoy.

Xeke

Banned
apujanata said:
If Konami really ignore Nintendo, I can see them getting smaller in the near future. Do you all consider Konami as giving good support for DS ? I know there is the Lunar Knight game, which I enjoy.

And 2 great Castlevania games...

rakka

apujanata said:

Contra

sphinx

the piano man
Link said:
Man, numbers are showing up later and later lately.

this thread was posted 3:27 last wednesday.

right know I have 3:38 in my watch... -_-

apujanata said:

konami is obsessed with sony and its consoles, I guess.

Their loyalty will remain til the end and their strong franchises will NEVER be distributed around the 3 consoles, it will always be the Playstation console of the season the one that gets priority first and then perhaps port this or that to 360 in case it's needed.

I am not sure but, Is there a Konami 360 exclusive on the works or out? I can't remember any one.

as for Nintendo?

their way of thinking is: " if dewy didn't sell, then NOTHING will sell, since only 8 years old buy that console, the only thing that makes sense is to bring that kind of content to the platform. We are sorry we couldn't attract those 3 million 8 year old kids. Bye nintendo. "

Innotech

Banned
well Im buying Dewy's adventure. I like the idea a lot and the gameplay looks crazy fun.
I have a feeling the game CAN sell but it was basically sent to die along with GG under the onslaught of DS games and Mario Party8/Gundam. It really was a stupid idea to release this week.

lupin23rd

apujanata said:

I don't think Konami's getting any smaller anytime soon, regardless of who they support.

sphinx

the piano man
1.- Mario Party 8 = 265,000
2.- Minna no Golf 5 = 152,000
3.- Taiko etc... ( the DS rythm game ) = 94,000
4.- Its a wonderful worlds, seems like it = 77,000
5.- Wii Gundam game = 46,000
6.- grand theft auto liverty city stories PSP = 45,000
7.- Oblivion 360 = 40,000
8.- Zelda DS = 37,000
9.- Baseball ps2 game = 34,000
10, Wii sports. = 32,000