• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Media Create Sales 7/9 - 7/15

ccbfan

Odysseus said:
this is what's wrong with sony and microsoft's efforts so far in japan. there is almost never a 360/ps3 game in the top 30. when there is one, odds are better than even that it will be a western game.

Well at least microsoft is trying, they put out good games just no-one is buying.

Sony on the otherhand isn't even releasing decent games. I mean when we start counting folksoul as a "big release" you know the system is going on some drought. I mean if it was on the PS2 people wouldn't even know about it and if it made the top 30, we'd be like "wow where did this game come from".

ethelred

davepoobond said:
200k first day sales ended up only have 60k the rest of the week?

The 200k came from Sinobi, who uses Famitsu (not Media Create) numbers.

ccbfan said:
I can't tell if thats impressive for DQ:S or not.

I expected the fact that its DQ and being the first big 3rd party game on the Wii would arrant a lot more sales.

Can any one tell me what the userbase for the GCN was when FFCC came out and what was FFCC's first week. Cause GCN was a pretty dead system in terms of software sales, so I'd expect DQ:S to do much better than FFCC considering

1.Wii is the hot system right now.
2.There is 0 high profiles 3rd party games on the Wii right now
3.DQ>FF in popularity in Japan.

I have no idea why we're comparing DQS to FFCC; they're not comparable games at all. If you want to know how DQS is doing, just look at the sales of previous DQ spinoffs, which I've posted several times.

But fine, okay. FFCC's opening week (according to Famitsu, NOT MC) was 191,602; it sold 355k total.

Tom Clancy>PS3 confirmed.

Where there any new PS3 games released this week? (I assume GRAW just got released in Japan, right?).

And wow. So people are buying PS2's but not PS2 games?

Segata Sanshiro said:
I know Mega Man isn't really all that popular anymore, but some part of me still pangs at My Household Diary doubling up on a new Mega game.
You know, I was looking for a way to phrase what was bothering me about Advent's sales, and I think you nailed it. Still top ten, so I guess that's a bit of silver lining.

A little lower than I was expecting for DQ:S. Do we expect legs on this one?

Doogdogg

super funk said:
Ok, so it will probably be like Wario Ware and inch its way to 1 million every so slowly and quietly.

It's still only at 788,530 on Famitsu as of 7/1 :lol

The MC numbers 791,132 was from 5/6

davepoobond

you can't put a price on sparks
ethelred said:
The 200k came from Sinobi, who uses Famitsu (not Media Create) numbers.

ohhhh ok. not that bad then taking that into account. (comparing famitsu to famitsu)

alejob

My guess is that DQ will continue to sell well since Wii is supply contraint right now so its going to take sometime for people to find a Wii and then they will buy DQ.

ROFLs, supply contraint. I hope I'm not making any sense.

mj1108

So close to a Nintendo Top 25....darn PS2 titles.

AniHawk said:
So Zelda only dropped 5k compared to last week. This will probably have legs as long as Mario Kart.

So should we just award it GAF Non-Game status now and get it over with?

Unison said:
What the heck is My Housekeeping Diary?

The next million seller.

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
Well, let's see if we get any reports from Vinnk and others whether it sold out.

Interesting to see the legs.

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
NovemberMike said:
Where there any new PS3 games released this week?
Nope, no PS3 games coming out until the 26th, which will be a big week for PS3/Wii/DS.

Unison said:
What the heck is My Housekeeping Diary?
Budget Training.

Doogdogg said:
It's still only at 788,530 on Famitsu as of 7/1 :lol

The MC numbers 791,132 was from 5/6

Wow, thats quite the discrepancy. In cases like these, I just go with the higher number.:lol

Yeah, quite the discrepancy between Media Create and Famitsu. Holy crap at Wii Sports, though. That thing just keeps going and going and going........amazing.

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
Panther Lotus said:
JJS makes an awesome point, and I agree. Unless shipments have jumped to 100k and they've been holding back 30k for the past three weeks...

But still. I'm not certain how many DQS's were shipped, either. I'm thinking a guess a little south of 300k would be fair. (285k?)

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=170739&page=8

The point in reference was about how Wii sales have not followed the DS-style dip that precedes big releases, which shows that they're holding back units for a big release.

I was the closest from what I read.

JKBii

Looks like a great week, a bunch of third party companies did nicely but Nintendo cleaned house. I think you should bring back the Pac-Man chart for a top ten lockdown.

Rlan

Considering the good buzz coming from Megaman ZX Advent, I would have thought it would go better.

I remember someone mentioning that the Battle Network games did well in Japan due to the Anime series at the same time, which Rockman Star Force did not.. Are they doing an anime series for either this time around?

JKBii said:
Looks like a great week, a bunch of third party companies did nicely but Nintendo cleaned house. I think you should bring back the Pac-Man chart for a top ten lockdown.

Here you go.

20070709.png

jj984jj said:
You can't keep a budget?

I'm doing it for Nintendo. What some of you people don't understand is the love some of us have for that great company in Kyoto.

How can anyone not love Nintendo? I will never understand

Koomaster

PepsimanVsJoe said:
Jeeze why even bother waking up in the morning?

Nintendo is going to have to make some new consoles just to create some competition at the rate this is going.
Which is exactly why they shouldn't be so quick to dismiss the Gameboy line. We need Gameboy-Next to get in there and shake things up; make life interesting again.

I want to see 3 pillars all ascending unto the heavens. Why can't you make it so Nintendo?

TheGreatDave said:
The whole killing gaming thing I guess.

People actually think Nintendo is killing video games?

I will never stop loving and supporting a company that puts me having fun first rather than thinking about graphics and HDTV :lol :lol :lol

Avalon

cvxfreak said:
Why do I have a feeling Biohazard 5 is screwed, sales-wise?

NA would sustain it alone don't you think? Just in case things really are that bad by the time it gets released in Japan.

They should really have a separate DS non-game chart for all this training/housekeeping diary stuff. Just so we can see what other games are waaay down the list.

QVT

Fair-weather, with pride!
Cheesemeister said:
Why do I even bother gathering links? =P

To be fair, those links are to a japanese website(nintendo's, nevertheless) which I assume 97 or so percent of us can't read one word of.

It is a very nice thing to do(as I've never noticed it before) but it doesn't do me a lot of good without a fansub, or something.

cvxfreak

Avalon said:
NA would sustain it alone don't you think? Just in case things really are that bad by the time it gets released in Japan.

I'm not worried so much about North America... it's just that Japan's always been a big region for the Biohazard games and it would suck if the franchise collapsed there even further as a result of not having a proper Wii game around. When the first Outbreak title outperformed the main sequels on the GC, and people actually waited for Biohazard 4 to come to PS2... it really hit me. Biohazard just depends on the largest fanbase to sell.

Biohazard 5 is so screwed, it's not going to be pretty. :(

neverknowsbest said:
They should really have a separate DS non-game chart for all this training/housekeeping diary stuff. Just so we can see what other games are waaay down the list.
The list is the list. If you fail to read past the first 10, it's your fault, not the list's. Also, non-game troll FTL.

Miguga64

AzureNightmareXE said:
And so it begins, Nintendomination on wednesday, Nintendomination total on thursday....

And Nintendomination... And Nintendomination... ???? :lol

Good for DQS, it will be next week at a shure 70-100k

Top Bottom