• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Media Create Sales: Week 13, 2015 (Mar 23 - Mar 29)

It'd be interesting where those niche developed will go if Sony is not bothering in releasing another handheld platform. Probably PS4, and perhaps that's why we're seeing some efforts in this direction (e.g. Senran Kagura, Neptunia). There shouldn't be any reluctance in going towards the next Nintendo handheld, if any, though; Nintendo handhelds has shown to be capable enough in hosting third party software.

PS4 has yet to prove to be able to get the role PS1 and PS2 had at that time, and market forces suggest that it won't be the case. Developing on PS4 is costly, and returns might not be enough. I can't imagine Compile Heart putting the same quantity on PS4 with respect to PSV, for example.

If PS4 development is so costly then why are indies having such an easy time of it? Why are PS3/Vita/PSP ports a thing? It's only more costly if you doing something huge and ambitious, and that's because huge and ambitious is not cheap.

hongcha

Some games already shown how the fanbase is more than willing to migrate elsewhere (Senran Kagura, OPM3, SAO),

As mentioned multiple times in this thread already, your argument for SAO is lacking the evidence needed to support it and thus is little more than baseless conjecture. Specifically, we do not know how many of the those who bought SAO on PS3 also bought it on the Vita, and how many of them even own a Vita in the first place. There was only a 6-11k difference (MC vs Famitsu) in Vita first week sales for SAO:HF vs. SAO:LS (not a very significant difference), but 44-55k (MC vs Famitsu) were sold on PS3. There are many possible explanations for this other than your sweeping "fanbase migration" theory. For example, if none of those buyers own a Vita, then those buyers were obviously not "willing to migrate" elsewhere. Another possibility: the 44-55k may be mainly comprised of a mix of PS3-only owners and Vita+PS3 owners who bought it on both platforms, once again showing no significant "migration" occurring. My point is we simply do not know, so we should not present conjecture as fact.

If PS4 development is so costly then why are indies having such an easy time of it? Why are PS3/Vita/PSP ports a thing? It's only more costly if you doing something huge and ambitious, and that's because huge and ambitious is not cheap.

I'm not saying that it is impossible to develop on PS4 (it isn't) but of course it's much cheaper to develop on a less advanced platforms, so it's a matter relative costs; also, indie games do not require to be technologically advanced because they sell for a few bucks on digital channels. This is also partially true for the game we're talking about (CH games typically don't have very good graphics), but it might become an obstacle when Western markets are in mind. That being said, the ease of porting from PS3 is a factor, and indeed many early PS4 games from small (and not so small) Japanese developers are upgraded PS3 games (if not PSV games).

As mentioned multiple times in this thread already, your argument for SAO is lacking the evidence needed to support it and thus is little more than baseless conjecture. Specifically, we do not know how many of the those who bought SAO on PS3 also bought it on the Vita, and how many of them even own a Vita in the first place. There was only a 6-11k difference (MC vs Famitsu) in Vita first week sales for SAO:HF vs. SAO:LS (not a very significant difference), but 44-55k (MC vs Famitsu) were sold on PS3. There are many possible explanations for this other than your sweeping "fanbase migration" theory. For example, if none of those buyers own a Vita, then those buyers were obviously not "willing to migrate" elsewhere. Another possibility: the 44-55k may be mainly comprised of a mix of PS3-only owners and Vita+PS3 owners who bought it on both platforms, once again showing no significant "migration" occurring. My point is we simply do not know, so we should not present conjecture as fact.

It is a conjecture, and I never presented as a fact (when we're talking about game sales and possible explanations of performances, nothing is a fact, and I though this was quite clear). It is not as baseless as the explanations you're bringing, which are an interesting starting point for a further discussion. It'd be also interesting to see how the game will perform in the next weeks, and how LTDs will compare. The fact is, in the same week you have Senran Kagura losing 50k buyers on PSV and gaining 26k buyers on PS4, and also OPM3 performing worse on PSV and PS3 and having "new" buyers on PS4. So you might see some base in my reasoning. I think next multi-platform releases will clarify better this point. I'm expecting PS3/PSV games to skew in favour of PSV in terms of ratio across platforms; while PS4/PSV to skew in favour of PS4.

I'm not saying that it is impossible to develop on PS4 (it isn't) but of course it's much cheaper to develop on a less advanced platforms, so it's a matter relative costs; also, indie games do not require to be technologically advanced because they sell for a few bucks on digital channels. This is also partially true for the game we're talking about (CH games typically don't have very good graphics), but it might become an obstacle when Western markets are in mind. That being said, the ease of porting from PS3 is a factor, and indeed many early PS4 games from small (and not so small) Japanese developers are upgraded PS3 games (if not PSV games).

Given all the PS3 ports there must be some tools support for that. Those wanting to go cheap can likely just use a ported version of their PS3 engine.

Fisico

The fact is, in the same week you have Senran Kagura losing 50k buyers on PSV and gaining 26k buyers on PS4, and also OPM3 performing worse on PSV and PS3 and having "new" buyers on PS4. So you might see some base in my reasoning. I think next multi-platform releases will clarify better this point. I'm expecting PS3/PSV games to skew in favour of PSV in terms of ratio across platforms; while PS4/PSV to skew in favour of PS4.

02./00. [PS3] One Piece: Pirate Warriors 2 # <ACT> (Bandai Namco Games) {2013.03.20} (¥8.190) - 269.035 / NEW
06./00. [PSV] One Piece: Pirate Warriors 2 <ACT> (Bandai Namco Games) {2013.03.20} (¥7.140) - 54.509 / NEW

03./00. [PS3] One Piece: Pirate Warriors 3 <ACT> (Bandai Namco Games) {2015.03.26} (¥8.424) - 81.387 / NEW <60-80%>
08./00. [PSV] One Piece: Pirate Warriors 3 <ACT> (Bandai Namco Games) {2015.03.26} (¥7.344) - 42.845 / NEW <60-80%>
10./00. [PS4] One Piece: Pirate Warriors 3 <ACT> (Bandai Namco Games) {2015.03.26} (¥8.424) - 37.812 / NEW <60-80%>

OPPW is just a case of franchise fatigue, if anything the PSV version is holding better than the home console versions (-56% vs -22%) and one could even argue than some home console users may have migrated to the handheld version instead, at least it seems more likely than the opposite looking at the numbers.

Senran Kagura seems like the only proper example, and even there the franchise fatigue is playing its part and there's also the case of people buying both versions of the game.

03./00. [3DS] Senran Kagura Burst: Guren no Shoujotachi <ACT> (Marvelous AQL) {2012.08.30} (¥5.980) - 70.569 / NEW
03./00. [3DS] Senran Kagura 2: Crimson # <ACT> (Marvelous AQL) {2014.08.07} (¥6.998) - 47.325 / NEW <40-60%>

03./00. [PSV] Senran Kagura Shinovi Versus: Otome Shoujotachi no Shoumei # <ACT> (Marvelous AQL) {2013.02.28} (¥6.980) - 91.639 / NEW
06./00. [PSV] Senran Kagura Estival Versus # <ACT> (Marvelous) {2015.03.26} (¥7.538) - 49.365 / NEW <80-100%>

12./00. [PS4] Senran Kagura Estival Versus # <ACT> (Marvelous) {2015.03.26} (¥8.618) - 26.091 / NEW <80-100%>

Those are completely different cases also but, Gundam Breaker also proved that part of the audience is willing to translate from PS3 to PSV, and God Eater 2 RB showed that its audience is staying on PSV rather than migrating on PS4.

At least if I wanted to spin some numbers without giving much of a context in favour of PSV that's how I would do it, and it seems as legitimate as what you're trying to prove with the supposed PSV->PS3/4 migration.

Takao

Banned
The fact that they don't look particularly good shouldn't matter a lot here. I always keep reading this for anime tie-in on 3DS (e.g. Attack on Titan); the fact, though, that they're able to sell well over time, it should be a signal that they're not so bad (otherwise word-of-mouth would cut their legs, as happened a lot of time). As long as I know, for example, The Seven Deadly Sin is an average game, good enough to entertain fans of the IP. And let's not pretend that the average quality of anime tie-ins has always been great, because it's not true.

How much do you think word of mouth affects a 30k seller primarily aimed at early highschoolers?

Hellraider

It does cost them (Marketing and Unsold quantities that could be sold elsewhere)

Shelf space costs money.

Oh no, those are not free. Got to pay shipping, tax, insurance and warehousing.

Wouldn't all of these apply better if Microsoft had no other presence in the country? It's not like without xbox they would just leave the country. They still have other products to sell there.

I doubt there is any significant marketing budget being spent exclusively for XB1 and I also doubt how the 2k or whatever consoles they have inside their windows/office warehouse create a problem.

If shelf space costs them the reasonable thing would be to transition exclusively into an online retailer only sold product. Wouldn't it be safe to say that that's what they are doing?

crinale

I thought PhyreEngine supports all current Playstation platforms and third parties wanting to go cheap use full advantage of it (that is, the engine cost is free as long as game stays Playstation exclusive).

How much do you think word of mouth affects a 30k seller primarily aimed at early highschoolers?

...a lot?

Yo-kai Watch started at 50k units, was aimed at an even younger crowd, and was pushed by word-of-mouth during the first months.

If the game is not very good, legs are not great. The fact is, those games are good enough for the fanbase, and that's why they keep selling. Attack on Titan is not the poor game many people tried to say here; I also heard some impressions on The Seven Deadly Sins, and it's not a bad game. I don't know about Assassination Classroom though.

02./00. [PS3] One Piece: Pirate Warriors 2 # <ACT> (Bandai Namco Games) {2013.03.20} (¥8.190) - 269.035 / NEW
06./00. [PSV] One Piece: Pirate Warriors 2 <ACT> (Bandai Namco Games) {2013.03.20} (¥7.140) - 54.509 / NEW

03./00. [PS3] One Piece: Pirate Warriors 3 <ACT> (Bandai Namco Games) {2015.03.26} (¥8.424) - 81.387 / NEW <60-80%>
08./00. [PSV] One Piece: Pirate Warriors 3 <ACT> (Bandai Namco Games) {2015.03.26} (¥7.344) - 42.845 / NEW <60-80%>
10./00. [PS4] One Piece: Pirate Warriors 3 <ACT> (Bandai Namco Games) {2015.03.26} (¥8.424) - 37.812 / NEW <60-80%>

OPPW is just a case of franchise fatigue, if anything the PSV version is holding better than the home console versions (-56% vs -22%) and one could even argue than some home console users may have migrated to the handheld version instead, at least it seems more likely than the opposite looking at the numbers.

Senran Kagura seems like the only proper example, and even there the franchise fatigue is playing its part and there's also the case of people buying both versions of the game.

03./00. [3DS] Senran Kagura Burst: Guren no Shoujotachi <ACT> (Marvelous AQL) {2012.08.30} (¥5.980) - 70.569 / NEW
03./00. [3DS] Senran Kagura 2: Crimson # <ACT> (Marvelous AQL) {2014.08.07} (¥6.998) - 47.325 / NEW <40-60%>

03./00. [PSV] Senran Kagura Shinovi Versus: Otome Shoujotachi no Shoumei # <ACT> (Marvelous AQL) {2013.02.28} (¥6.980) - 91.639 / NEW
06./00. [PSV] Senran Kagura Estival Versus # <ACT> (Marvelous) {2015.03.26} (¥7.538) - 49.365 / NEW <80-100%>

12./00. [PS4] Senran Kagura Estival Versus # <ACT> (Marvelous) {2015.03.26} (¥8.618) - 26.091 / NEW <80-100%>

Those are completely different cases also but, Gundam Breaker also proved that part of the audience is willing to translate from PS3 to PSV, and God Eater 2 RB showed that its audience is staying on PSV rather than migrating on PS4.

At least if I wanted to spin some numbers without giving much of a context in favour of PSV that's how I would do it, and it seems as legitimate as what you're trying to prove with the supposed PSV->PS3/4 migration.

True. Franchise fatigue played a big role in OPM3 drop; what I was saying is that someone migrated on PS4, and while the vast majority might have been from PS3, someone might have been from PSV as well. As for SK, franchise fatigue is a less likely reason, because overall the game didn't sell way less with respect to the previous entry on PSV; I assume that double-dippers are not a sizeable share of the whole fanbase.

GB2 is a neat example, but GB was released on PSV months later the PS3 version; GE2RB was also a PSV game so the fanbase was there. If there's something quite clear is the hunting action fanbase, that is on handheld platforms.

If the game is not very good, legs are not great. The fact is, those games are good enough for the fanbase, and that's why they keep selling. Attack on Titan is not the poor game many people tried to say here

you tried ?

anyway, Famitsu score was 30/40, enough said...

I also heard some impressions on The Seven Deadly Sins, and it's not a bad game. I don't know about Assassination Classroom though..

Famitsu ranked Assassination Classroom very high

(
/40 for people not good in math)

Darius

Banned
they'll go on home (PS4), it's more than 20 years third parties ignore nintendo platforms except the spike due to the DS, so I can't imagine they go back to develop on N platforms just because there will be only one handheld on the market
Many developers want a home reinassance in Japan, and just one handheld to develop for might be a good excuse to switch to PS4, getting the old role PS1 and PS2 had in the past.

It´s always nice to want things and quite frankly it already seems really delusional considering there is a high chance of an even further decline compared to PS3 in Japan. I really don´t see a significant increase in output in the immediate future compared to PS3 gen over gen, it also doesn´t help that many publisher and developers changed their focus and slimmed down their retail presence (pub:Sega(original non Atlus in-house development resources)/Konami and dev:Tri-Ace) or even went bankrupt (like Game Republik, maybe Imageepoch it also doesn´t look too well for Nippon Ichi right now) just to name a few examples.

The situation that guaranteed a constant stream of Japanese games for PS4 despite it´s sales so far, is that the system is part of a multi-plat strategy accompanied by other SKUs like PS3 and PSV. On its own it wouldn´t have been considered viable shortly after it´s Japanese debut for Japan focused software. PS4 really has to pick up the slack by a lot, because neither PS3 nor PSV are eternal and this time Microsoft doesn´t seem too generous (funds, partial financing etc.) to Japanese publishers compared to past gens just to get multiplats or time exclusives either, which despite with a delay was also beneficial to PS3s lineup. Considering PSP, PSV, PS3 rehashes/multiplats make up a considerable part of PS4s Japanese focused lineup so far.

I think people are over thinking the decline of the franchise compared to the previous Vita title, I mean SV was at the right place at the right time situation and people that bought the PS4 version over the vita version (like myself) did it because the game is mostly a fanservice game and you want to play that kind of games on the device that better portray the art of the game.

you tried ?

anyway, Famitsu score was 30/40, enough said...

Famitsu ranked Assassination Classroom very high

(
/40 for people not good in math)

I heard T7DS was not a bad game. I said I didn't know about Assassination Classroom. Point is, stressing the quality of a game in this thread is not useful here; I just said that since those games are having / had legs, could not be that bad, otherwise they would have lasted long in charts.

https://store.playstation.com/#!/ja-jp/ps4-%E3%82%BF%E3%82%A4%E3%83%88%E3%83%AB%E3%83%A9%E3%83%B3%E3%82%AD%E3%83%B3%E3%82%B0/cid=PN.CH.JP-PN.CH.MIXED.JP-PS4RANKING

Sony Computer Entertainment released its latest rankings for the Japanese PSN, and the PS4 chart includes a surprise.

1)Bloodborne
2)Disgaea 5: Alliance of Vengeance
3)Senran Kagura: Estival Versus
4)Battlefield: Hardline
5)Minecraft: PS4 Edition
6)One Piece: Pirate Warriors 3
7)Resident Evil: Revelations 2

Disgaea 5 went Digital on us, It sold better than Senran Kagura: EV, Harline & One Piece

https://store.playstation.com/#!/ja-jp/ps4-%E3%82%BF%E3%82%A4%E3%83%88%E3%83%AB%E3%83%A9%E3%83%B3%E3%82%AD%E3%83%B3%E3%82%B0/cid=PN.CH.JP-PN.CH.MIXED.JP-PS4RANKING

Sony Computer Entertainment released its latest rankings for the Japanese PSN, and the PS4 chart includes a surprise.

1)Bloodborne

Disgaea 5 went Digital on us, It sold better than Senran Kagura: EV, Harline & One Piece

Even if D5 sold up to 50% of its total digitally, it'd be still a bad result overall.

Vena

I would think things in that age-group and younger, specifically where school is involved and WoM can spread more easily, it is an important aspect. Obviously games don't usually blow up to YW levels.

I thought PhyreEngine supports all current Playstation platforms and third parties wanting to go cheap use full advantage of it (that is, the engine cost is free as long as game stays Playstation exclusive).

I feel like that may, ultimately, not be the way forward if the consoles simply do not pick up and if Nintendo comes into the next handheld swinging with millions, and mobile continues to eat into the pie of everyone. The Phyre Engine is great if you're developing solely for PS platforms but... if the majority aren't even on said platforms, what's the point in cutting off your own legs?

Aroll

Man, Vita had a huge week - look at all those new releases. PS4 too, but hey... bloodborne. :p

Pretty impressive honestly. 3DS still did fairly strong despite no HUGE hitting releases. Wii U had nothing new, so no shocker, Xbox One still tanking.

Fisico

1)Bloodborne

So... the only number we have regarding this ranking was Senran Kagura being at 10k digital shortly after launch but it was PSV+PS4 sales combined...

The number probably rose ever since, but I can't see the digital sales of Estival Versus being superior to 10k on PS4 only, so for Disgaea we're probably looking at a number around that in the 5-10k range.
It would make a nice bonus and a very good digital ratio, but going from very very bad sales to very bad sales isn't that much of an improvement.

ZSaberLink

Media Create Maven
So if I'm not mistaken, the PS4 has 3 Japanese oriented exclusives (including games releasing on XB1) so far? Bloodborne, FF Type 0 and Disgaea 5? Do we have anything else lined up for the near term? (I guess we eventually get SF5, FFXV & KH3, but that looks like it'll be a while...)

Oregano

I would think things in that age-group and younger, specifically where school is involved and WoM can spread more easily, it is an important aspect. Obviously games don't usually blow up to YW levels.

I feel like that may, ultimately, not be the way forward if the consoles simply do not pick up and if Nintendo comes into the next handheld swinging with millions, and mobile continues to eat into the pie of everyone. The Phyre Engine is great if you're developing solely for PS platforms but... if the majority aren't even on said platforms, what's the point in cutting off your own legs?

Unity could probably fill that Phyre Engine niche in the future. I think all three console vendors give the license for free nowadays and it's pretty much fully cross platform(3DS doesn't support it but NX surely will).

Vena

Unity could probably fill that Phyre Engine niche in the future. I think all three console vendors give the license for free nowadays and it's pretty much fully cross platform(3DS doesn't support it but NX surely will).

That would probably be the way forward as I see it as well. Of course, development of the engine will inevitably make older platforms obsolete with time as feature-sets don't gel perfectly well forever.

If the Vita doesn't see a successor, it will inevitably get phased out as Unity (or the other ubiquitous engines) supersedes Phyre.

Comgnet: March 30, April 5 2015 2015

[PS3] 3rd Super Robot Wars Z Tengoku hen - 275pt
[Vita] 3rd Super Robot Wars Z Tengoku hen - 194pt
[3DS] Xenoblade Chronicles (New Nintendo 3DS only) - 70pt
[PS4] Earth Defense Force 4.1 THE SHADOW OF NEW DESPAIR - 51pt
[PS4] Bloodborne (Normal Edition) - 49pt
[Vita] Sword Art Online - Lost Song - (Normal Edition) - 42pt
[PS3] Sword Art Online - Lost Song - - 35pt
[PS3] One Piece: Pirate Warriors 3 - 33pt
[3DS] Youkai watch 2 Ganso - 32pt
[PS3] Resident Evil: Revelations 2 - 30pt
[Vita] MineCraft: PlayStation Vita Edition - 29pt
[3DS] Theatrhythm Dragon Quest - 27pt
[PS4] Battlefield hard line - 24pt
[Vita] Digimon Story cyber Sul © over scan - 23pt
[3DS] Youkai watch 2 upstream (compared to ORAS) - 21pt
[Vita] One Piece: Pirate Warriors 3 - 20pt
[PS3] Yakuza 0 oath of location - 20pt
[PS3] professional baseball Spirits 2015 - 19pt
[3DS] Seven Deadly Sins truth of false accusation - 19pt
[PS3] Battlefield hard line - 15pt

Digimon and Minecraft still walking on their legs, now let's wait for Tsutaya for confirmation

HGH

Banned
So if I'm not mistaken, the PS4 has 3 Japanese oriented exclusives (including games releasing on XB1) so far? Bloodborne, FF Type 0 and Disgaea 5? Do we have anything else lined up for the near term? (I guess we eventually get SF5, FFXV & KH3, but that looks like it'll be a while...)

Neptunia VII on the 23rd of this month is a PS4 exclusive. It seems to be shaping up well, it's 5th overall on preorders (speaking of which, anyone wanna take a look at the COMGNET rankings?). It's gotten to the point they made some tie-in Neptunia PS4s, which is kinda crazy for something this niche.
Other releases on that day are the newest BlazBlue, a Toukiden upgraded port, but those aren't exclusives. So yeah not much for the moment, just ports and localizations.

EDIT: Ask and ye shall recieve, no sooner do I post do I start getting answers.

Neptunia VII on the 23rd of this month is a PS4 exclusive. It seems to be shaping up well, it's 5th overall on preorders (speaking of which, anyone wanna take a look at the COMGNET rankings?).

It is a ranking in the April 5, closed time, 2015

01.[3DS] PUZZLE & DRAGONS SUPER MARIO BROS EDITION - 88pt
02.[PSV] Kan Colle Kai (combined) - 82pt
03.[PS4] New Dimension Game Neptunia Constitution null VII (combined) - 56pt
04.[WiiU] Dragon Quest X ancient dragon lore online - 43pt
05.[Wii] Dragon Quest X ancient dragon lore online - 40pt
06.[3DS] Bravely Second - 39pt
07.[3DS] GIRLS MODE 3 sparkling Corde - 37pt
08.[PSV] IA / VT (Oia / visual Tracks) -COLORFUL- (combined) - 36pt
09.[3DS] Hatsune Miku Project mirai Deluxe - 26pt
10.[WiiU] Xenoblade Chronicles Cross - 25pt
11.[PS4] Dying Light - 21pt
12.[PS3] BLAZBLUE CHRONOPHANTASMA EXTEND - 19pt
13.[PS4] FINAL FANTASY XIV Blue Sky of Ishugarudo Collector's Edition - 15pt
14.[PS4] Dark Seoul 2 SCHOLAR OF THE FIRST COREAN - 14pt
15.[3DS] Future Card Buddy fight friendship of Fight -! 13pt
16.[PSV] Persona 4 DANCING ALL NIGHT Crazy Value Pack - 10pt
17.[3DS] alchemist ~ story ~ Arland Atelier beginning of the New Rorona (Normal Edition) - 10pt

hiska-kun

Tsutaya's Ranking Week 14 2015

01./00. [PS3] 3rd Super Robot Wars Z: Tengoku-Hen <SLG> (Bandai Namco Games)
02./00. [PSV] 3rd Super Robot Wars Z: Tengoku-Hen <SLG> (Bandai Namco Games)

03./01. [PS3] One Piece: Pirate Warriors 3 (Bandai Namco Games)
04./00. [3DS] Xenoblade Chronicles 3D <RPG> (Nintendo)
05./02. [PSV] Sword Art Online: Lost Song (Bandai Namco Games)
06./00. [PS4] Earth Defense Force 2025.1: The Shadow of New Despair <ACT> (D3 Publisher)
07./05. [PSV] One Piece: Pirate Warriors 3 (Bandai Namco Games)
08./12. [PSV] Minecraft: PlayStation Vita Edition (Mojang AB)
09./07. [PS3] Pro Baseball Spirits 2015 (Konami)
10./04. [PS3] Sword Art Online: Lost Song (Bandai Namco Games)
11./03. [PS4] Bloodborne (Sony Computer Entertainment)
12./06. [3DS] Theatrhythm Dragon Quest (Square Enix)
13./08. [PS4] One Piece: Pirate Warriors 3 (Bandai Namco Games)
14./13. [PS3] Yakuza 0 (Sega)
15./10. [PS3] Resident Evil: Revelations 2 (Capcom)
16./09. [PSV] Pro Baseball Spirits 2015 (Konami)
17./15. [PS4] Battlefield: Hardline (Electronic Arts)
18./17. [PSV] Digimon Story: Cyber Sleuth (Bandai Namco Games)
19./11. [PSV] Senran Kagura Estival Versus (Marvelous)
20./18. [PS3] Battlefield: Hardline (Electronic Arts)

11./03. [PS4] Bloodborne (Sony Computer Entertainment)
12./06. [3DS] Theatrhythm Dragon Quest (Square Enix)
19./11. [PSV] Senran Kagura Estival Versus (Marvelous)

Tragic.

Wiggy

Minecraft legs refuse to weaken. Will quickly be Vita's no.1 game in Japan (digital + retail). I wonder if it's already there in worldwide numbers?

Takao

Banned
Good. Game is fucking fantastic.

EDIT: For fucks sake, Bloodborne D: No doubt it will do well worldwide though. What are the LTD sales of Dark Souls and Dark Souls II in Japan, out of interest?

From Software's HD dark fantasy games:

PS3 : Demon's Souls ( SCE ) { 2009-02-05 } - 36,794 / 314,816
PS3 : Dark Souls ( From Software ) { 2011-09-22 } - 228,872 / 368,457
PS3 : Dark Souls II ( From Software ) { 2014-03-13 } - 256,701 / 362,061
PS4 : Bloodborne ( SCE ) { 2015-03-26 } - 150,245 / ???

Vena

From Software's HD dark fantasy games:

PS3 : Demon's Souls ( SCE ) { 2009-02-05 } - 36,794 / 314,816
PS3 : Dark Souls ( From Software ) { 2011-09-22 } - 228,872 / 368,457
PS3 : Dark Souls II ( From Software ) { 2014-03-13 } - 256,701 / 362,061
PS4 : Bloodborne ( SCE ) { 2015-03-26 } - 150,245 / ???

Huh... just looking at those numbers and now second week's fall, I wonder where we're going to end up with BB.

Huh... just looking at those numbers and now second week's fall, I wonder where we're going to end up with BB.

Considering it's another Sony Exclusive it'll probably have long legs like Demon Souls.

In before people say DS & DS2 were like Sony Exclusives too

Vena

Considering it's another Sony Exclusive it'll probably have long legs like Demon Souls.

In before people say DS & DS2 were like Sony Exclusives too

It will have legs, I don't see it breaking 250k though.

likely something around 200-230k LTD, which is, considered PS4 userbase + new IP, a good result

That's around what I'd expect too after a long enough period. But its not a new IP.

Vena

wut ? did you know something that I don't know ?

Its a new IP in name only, its a bread and butter Souls game. Its not some unproved "new IP" like, say, Splatoon which is an untested idea. Everyone knows exactly what they were getting. I'd more call it a spin-off of a known IP.

I'm more just being pedantic with definitions, you don't need to listen to me about that specific part. :p

Top Bottom